The offical "Fire Alain Vigneault" petition

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

flyte
AHL Prospect

The offical "Fire Alain Vigneault" petition

Post by flyte »

I have started an online petition to fire Alain Vigneault from his head coaching duties. It is the coaching that is the major problem with this team. How many blind passes, turnovers, weak shots from the outside must you see to realize that Alain Vigneault's coaching and system is ineffective?

If you agree, please visit:

http://www.petitiononline.com/90219/petition.html

and sign this online petition.

ps: I quickly wrote the petition text, so if anyone has any comments or additions, let me know and I will update it.
Big Bird
AHL Prospect

Post by Big Bird »

Seems to me that your examples of AV's coaching errors are player errors/decisions.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: The offical "Fire Alain Vigneault" petition

Post by Larry Goodenough »

flyte wrote:I have started an online petition to fire Alain Vigneault from his head coaching duties. It is the coaching that is the major problem with this team. How many blind passes, turnovers, weak shots from the outside must you see to realize that Alain Vigneault's coaching and system is ineffective?

If you agree, please visit:

http://www.petitiononline.com/90219/petition.html

and sign this online petition.

ps: I quickly wrote the petition text, so if anyone has any comments or additions, let me know and I will update it.
First, please run us through your hockey coaching experience that would give you the legitimacy to critique the coaching .
flyte
AHL Prospect

Post by flyte »

Larry Goodenough wrote: First, please run us through your hockey coaching experience that would give you the legitimacy to critique the coaching .
Not until you disclose your NHL playing experience that would give you the typical failsafe to blame the players. (Because it if ain't the coaching.. it's obviously the players).
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

AV has the team playing a good defensive game where they are #4 in SA/G and actually #7 in S/G. And i'd wager that they generate an above average number of scoring chances. The problem isn't AV. The problem is the players. They either aren't bearing down enough to bury the chances or they simply are incapable of burying the chances. So it's either the players or Nonis who put the team together. Probably a combo of the two. But i don't think there is much of a reason to blame AV. Perhaps putting Naslund with the twins but really naslund with Morrison was pretty much terrible this year so I can't blame him for it.

No it's not AV. Players have to pull their heads out of their arses and so does Nonis.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

flyte wrote:
Larry Goodenough wrote: First, please run us through your hockey coaching experience that would give you the legitimacy to critique the coaching .
Not until you disclose your NHL playing experience that would give you the typical failsafe to blame the players. (Because it if ain't the coaching.. it's obviously the players).
My NHL experience is nil. My playing experience has been minor hockey as a kid and periods of beer league as an adult. I would describe myself as a big plodding winger.

I do not believe I have any legitimacy in suggesting trades or firings as I have no inside information or professional hockey contacts. Therefore, I don't come on here and suggest changes. If I ever did decide I was smart enough to manage the team, I would also put my ideas up to scrutiny by offering how the problem should be solved.

If the coach is fired, who should they hire?

Should we then fire his replacement if there is not a significant improvement? How long do you give the new guy to turn it around and what are your parameters around how much the team needs to improve under a new coach?

You'll need to provide me with more of your thoughts and solutions before I pay your petition any attention.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

25 games in?

I say we fire you.

worst online petition ever.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Sorry. I will not sign.

I am a Canucks Fan.

A true Canucks fan is kinda like a marraige. Somewhere in there it says: "For Better or For Worse"

I think you should be able to figure out which is which.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

How would u feel if you tried your best at ur job and everyone u worked with wanted u fired?

How would that feel? YOUR FIRED! Now u gotta see if u can claim unemployment or look for another job. HAVE FUN payin the bills.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

flyte wrote: ps: I quickly wrote the petition text, so if anyone has any comments or additions, let me know and I will update it.
I got a suggestion. You take off with your petition.

My comment. Your an idiot.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

At least this post has done one thing - solidified any opinions about the coaching. I think that both the the coach and GM are doing good jobs.

Now the players......
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Reverend Smack
CC Veteran

Post by Reverend Smack »

Get a grip junior :mex: There will be NO coach firing.
The truth may hurt...but it is still the Truth...Have a nice day :)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

LOL.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Brutal !!

Your stock is dropping ...

Grizz
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

this is not a coach or GM thing. its a player problem that we are going to have to live or die with. I think Nonis has options but nothing better than what we have now.. they have to find it in themselves