Need to find our style- pressure + grit

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Big Bird
AHL Prospect

Need to find our style- pressure + grit

Post by Big Bird »

Seems to me that AV is running an effective system that generates plenty of shots and can put a lot of pressure up ice.. The Canucks need to do the little things harder and be willing sacrifice themselves more. There is a core group of players playing as skilled players when it was grittyness that made them succeed as individuals few years ago.

Cooke - needs to play as the fearless energy guy he was before signing for the big bucks.

Kessler - needs to play as the up and coming rookie he was before signing for the big bucks.

Is there a no fighting clause on the team? We don't say boo when an opposing player bumps into Roberto or takes a questionable run at one of our players.

Obviously we are not going overwhelm teams with our scoring touch. I think a trade is premature at this point. Regularly getting 30+ shots a game while having our own quality goalie does not require a huge change.
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Re: Need to find our style- pressure + grit

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

Big Bird wrote:Seems to me that AV is running an effective system that generates plenty of shots and can put a lot of pressure up ice.. The Canucks need to do the little things harder and be willing sacrifice themselves more. There is a core group of players playing as skilled players when it was grittyness that made them succeed as individuals few years ago.

Cooke - needs to play as the fearless energy guy he was before signing for the big bucks.

Kessler - needs to play as the up and coming rookie he was before signing for the big bucks.

Is there a no fighting clause on the team? We don't say boo when an opposing player bumps into Roberto or takes a questionable run at one of our players.

Obviously we are not going overwhelm teams with our scoring touch. I think a trade is premature at this point. Regularly getting 30+ shots a game while having our own quality goalie does not require a huge change.
I think its a little bit of luck too or lack there of... no puck luck