Relax!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Relax!

Post by JCardinal »

What's with all the freaking out about the Canucks? Trade this, fire that. No wonder people look at Vancouver fans as crazy bandwagon jumpers planning parades one week and running around yelling the sky is falling the next.

If the Canucks had scored just a few more goals in the last few weeks would the parade be in the planning?

This freaking out and unrealistic calls for trading and firing are getting a little tired.

There is nothing realistic that can be done in the short term, maybe trade a struggling player for another comparable struggling player and hope for the post trade bounce, that's about it though.

This may come as a shock to some but instead of panicking, sometimes it's best to do absolutely nothing. That is a course of action that can be chosen just as much as trading a player or firing a GM. There is no shame in doing nothing, it's entirely appropriate in this case to do nothing more than what has been done: work hard, be realistic about what can be done, reward the hard working players and bench anyone that does't buy in and wait out the anger of the hockey gods.

The goals are going to come, it's inevitable. And when they do it's another story entirely.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

A lot of the chatter is hypothetical ... thats why we have the different forums to discuss things and look at options etc. ... its not a big deal ....

Doing nothing may be the answer and the goals may come ... but my question I guess is ... from who ?

Prorating their current games played over the season .... Naslund has 12, on pace for 35 (normal)... Daniel has 7, on pace for 20 (low maybe), Pyatt has 9 and is on pace for 26 (what more can you expect), MO has 6 good for about 17 or 18 (also about right) ... Hank is doing ok setting them up ... Cooke and Kessler are both really low but don't seem like they have the ability to be the snipers we need to get our goals up ... Bulis floats and seems uninterested ... who's left ?? Burrows, Linden, J. Green, Santala, Chouinard ... maybe one or two young guys with zero experience .... no comment !

... Suggestions then on who is going to fill the scoring void ... other than an acquisition via a trade ??

Grizz
MeesterFeester
AHL Prospect

Post by MeesterFeester »

Grizz has all the bases covered. There is nobody on the team that can have effect on our current situation. Morrison seems like he has given up on trying to provide more offense than he has in the past and Cooke what do expect of him, he's a grinder not a sniper. Burrows, Santala and Chouinard are relatively young and have time to learn the game that their suited for, as for Linden and Green they belong on the 4th line.

The only choice we have is to make a trade or just ride it out and see where this runaway train stops!
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

JC I think most of the posters here have voiced they're concerns about this version of the Canucks since the summer and traing camp. I don't see to much flip flopping from the regulars.

Now if you listen to the sports talk shows! Well that my friend is panic and flip flopping at its finest!! Looks good on them!!
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

The way this team has been playing these past couple weeks, I believe there's reason for panic. I think our secondary guys can step it up a bit but they are all playing with almost no confidence right now. Is that going to change? Hence the panic.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

Yanic Tremblay called up... maybe he can spark a lackluster offense with something from the backend just a few wristers on net and ppl wackin away at rebounds
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

Nanaimo_Nuck wrote:Yanic Tremblay called up... maybe he can spark a lackluster offense with something from the backend just a few wristers on net and ppl wackin away at rebounds
I just quoted myself!!!!! OH FUCK YEAH BABY AND I CALL PPL DUMB ON HERE!

IM RIGHT RELAX PPL

If I see any canucks haters who call themselves fans on here again I will personally humiliate u
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

If we got lucky bounces going our way for a couple weeks we'd all shut up and climb back up on the bandwagon. I think this rough patch might just be over with tonight's game but we'll have to give it a few more before we stop creating trade rumours.
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

Those Island crops must have been great this fall.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister
Farhan Lalji

Re: Relax!

Post by Farhan Lalji »

JCardinal wrote:
The goals are going to come, it's inevitable. And when they do it's another story entirely.
In your defense, the Canucks HAVE looked a little better as of late (offensively). Bulis seems to be getting his confidence back, while Cooke seems to have reknewed enthusiasm (by playing alongside Naslund and Morrison).

Having said that - I'm just not sure if this team has what it takes. I do RESPECT our current Canuck squad. They work hard, and they genuinely do give it their all. However - there IS a lack of talent on this team.

Ken Shamrock can try all he want, but he'll still get demolished by Tito Ortiz.

And that's where the discussion of "should the Canucks be buyers or sellers" comes into play. Last year - the Canucks decided to be buyers. It backfired...big time. Perhaps this year - a new strategy is in order.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The team only sells people it dosn't have in its future plans. To this degree, you may be right, and the deadline might be the best time to find people willing to pony up for guys like Mo, Cooke, even Bulis if we don't see him continuing.

Selling guys like Naslund, the Sedins, Luongo, Ohlund is just plain silly. Obviously, we're not going to get players that our better then them if we're selling, probably draft picks and prospects the other team figures won't be bluechip.

Salo...probably should be shopped, he's worth quite a bit. One of those guys that can add a new dimension to the PP, and as we saw with Jovo last year, if he wants too much he'll walk for nothing in the offseason.
canucks_fan2
AHL Prospect

Post by canucks_fan2 »

YES FINALY SOMEONE IS MAKIN SENCE ABOUT THIS SHIT,there should be no trades and no one fired at all thank you for makin sence fianly