Khabibulin is the elite goalie Roberto Luongo should be

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I think looking at the chances, it would be interesting to see how many of our shots have a real shot of going in the net. It would not surprize me to learn we are getting outchanced while outshooting the opponent.

Also, seems to me, that a stupid amount of goals have gone in rather freakishly thus far. Some of this has to do with defensive positioning, collapsing around our keeper, no clear lanes for the puck to travel etc. On the other hand, our shots are (until recently), from very far out, with little traffic in front.

With this in mind, I think the fact that Luongo has kept us in most games to be quite promising. While we could always count on Clouts or Auld to let in the brutal goal, I haven't seen too many of those this year, rather they are of the "fluke/freak bounce" variety. The bounces (hopefully) will start to shift, and (if we look at the Phoenix game) start to go our way.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I think looking at the chances, it would be interesting to see how many of our shots have a real shot of going in the net. It would not surprize me to learn we are getting outchanced while outshooting the opponent.

Also, seems to me, that a stupid amount of goals have gone in rather freakishly thus far. Some of this has to do with defensive positioning, collapsing around our keeper, no clear lanes for the puck to travel etc. On the other hand, our shots are (until recently), from very far out, with little traffic in front.

With this in mind, I think the fact that Luongo has kept us in most games to be quite promising. While we could always count on Clouts or Auld to let in the brutal goal, I haven't seen too many of those this year, rather they are of the "fluke/freak bounce" variety. The bounces (hopefully) will start to shift, and (if we look at the Phoenix game) start to go our way.
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

I agree Island, this year this team has had in inordinate number of pucks get by Luongo due to freaky bounces and impossible, flukey carooms that I have never seen before. Hopefully this will start to even out pretty damn soon, if the hockey gods are just.
Last night was a great game to watch and not have heart palpatations.
Last years version of this team would have found some way to blow a huge lead and it would end up being nail biting time. this year, they seem to work extra hard and protect a lead.
theinsainianone
AHL Prospect

Post by theinsainianone »

luongo is 10 times better than khabibulin. khabibulin is too injury prone. if we didnt have luongo we wouldnt be where we r right now,
"...number 16...KEVIN LINDEN!!"