Higher Cap for NHL in 07-08

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Higher Cap for NHL in 07-08

Post by DonCherry4PM »

The cap is expected to go up to between $46 million and $47.5 million.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article. ... 74740_3812

Doesn't help at all right now but looks like we might not be quite as restricted due to the cap next year. Another 2-3.5 million = at least a good forward or possibly a chance at resigning Salo. Either way can't be a bad thing.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
nuxfanindallas
CC Veteran

Post by nuxfanindallas »

The cap may very well rise next year, and perhaps it could rise as much as 2-3 million, but we still have to consider the source. It is in Saskin and the NHLPA's best interest to have word out early that the cap will rise next year, as it's a bargaining chip from a player's (and agent's) perspectve when negotiating extensions and the like later this year (i.e. the agent can tell the GM that he can afford Player A as there's all that room under next year's cap).

Obviously the more it rises the better it is for the Canucks, but my enthusiasm will remain somewhat tempered until Bettman or someone from the league confirms the reports and/or the numbers become clearer later in the year.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Well now that Salo is injured... again.... im starting to think that money is best used elsewhere. I love Salo as much as the next Canuck fan but hes becoming more of a liability to us. when hes 100% healthy and injury free he is easily one of the top defenders in the league... but when are we gonna see Salo stable enough to play as many games as we need our top defensemen to play??
perhaps something to think about...
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews