We Need A Trade!!!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

canucks_fan2
AHL Prospect

Post by canucks_fan2 »

I agree with most of u guys about the trade something needs to be done here like seriously this is imbarasing,we out play,we out shoot almost every team we play but WE CANT SCORE(nonnis thats for u bud)so they need to do somethin make a frigin trade nonnis and make one now if all the rumers im hearin about forsberb wantin to wave his no trade and come to van then do it.
Canuck2
CC Veteran

Post by Canuck2 »

A cheap and simple trade, get Reed Low or Jesse Boulerice or Eric Godard for future considerations. If the enforcer route doesn't work, you can send him to the minors with no impact on the cap but at least give it a try. I think someone mentioned that Nonis said the Canucks do not need a "meathead", but right now the only meathead I see is Nonis himself for making some horrible moves.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

the_bad_fish wrote:Badfish, (other badfish) I must ask, I know this is off topic, but what is your lumber jack logo from. I've always liked the idea of the Canucks going to a pissed off lumber jack. So where did you get it
This is old Johnny Canuck, here to help us fight off the Nazis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Canuck

I was always holding out hope they'd bring him back in a canuck logo when they were designing the whale... great choice there Orca Bay. I think he was somehow part of the old Canuck uniforms? like waaaay back in the day? anyone know?

Anyhow, I bet he's too political for a team logo really, but always liked the idea.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Also, I can't see why we wouldn't be shopping some of our goalie prospects, do we not have a few decent netminders in the pipeline? I thought that was one area we were decently strong in. With Luongo here past 2010, I don't think it's too bad na idea. unless if one of those kids eventually wants to play back-up for a few years... Also what about Noranen? been so long I can't even spell his name anymore. we still have his rights do we not? He could be a real player in this league, some team out there must be interested... or can he even get out of his euro contract for this season?

Other then that, Any number of players could go. I think Salo, as much as I love the guy, with a history of injuries and missing allot of time, he could become a tradbale asset. Naslund too would be one, but unless it was a freaking sweet package I would say is a bad idea and sends the wrong message to fans and players. BMo has to have some teams curious, same with Cooke. Nobody's going to want Bulis even on waivers, but hey we can always try. No way are we trading krycheck I don't think, just got him and shows promise. Neither Ohlund or Bourdon I think would be traded, or Linden. Not saying he wouldn't be traded for sentamental reasons (although that'd be my reason for not doing it) I just think A) who would really want him and B) what would we be trading for? another 4th liner? not wouldn't do us much good unless he was in a package deal somehow. Either way don't see it happening.

The city's in panic mode. so am I to a degree, but it's never good to make panic movements by a GM. DN's gameplan should not have changed from what it was a week or two ago, just because we've had a string of bad games. I'm hoping he's still going to pull through with something nice for us all for the holidays :)
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

Badfish, you bring up some interesting points about our goalie prospects. we got those prospects at a time when our goaltending sitautions were really up in there. look at cory schnieder... with his size and athleticism... i would say this guy could become a superstar... i seriously doubt hes gonna be excited about riding the bench behind Luongo. I think theres a number of teams out there who wouldnt mind having this prospect. so i say the time to be dealing him is right now... and if he turns out to be a flop we laugh, if he turns out to be a quality goaltender, who cares we already got one! We've already seen some great prospects being dealt (ie johnson) so i dont think this is a terrible idea.
if we do still have the rights to Norenen we should maybe try and deal him too. i dont see him playing for us as long as Luongo is around. So thats the only trouble with him... he wants to be a starter and im not too sure if there is many teams in the league who would want to put him in that position.
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews