Lets get Rory Fitzpatrick into the all-star game...UPDATE!!!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

anyone have an update on the voting?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Madcombinepilot wrote:anyone have an update on the voting?
Not quite yet, later today:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Hocke ... 3-sun.html
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

like every radio station in Alberta thinks he should "do the right thing" and not go.... heard Kelly Hrudey say the same thing last saterday....

i think hes 3rd in the defensemen voting
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

tuzzi44 wrote:i think hes 3rd in the defensemen voting
ctually, he's probably 2nd. I keep voting, I want him to start.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

like every radio station in Alberta thinks he should "do the right thing" and not go.... heard Kelly Hrudey say the same thing last saterday....

People are taking this way too seriously.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

i agree Randy..... its not like the starters of the all star game get a million dollars and a trip to the stanley cup lol, its just the all star game.... most people dont even bother watchin it. i dont even think its on a weekend. i just hope the players dont take it as seriously as all the tv folks. i think the whole rory thing is great because it has brought so much extra attention to the all star game that it has lacked in rescent years. i've seen more "vote for rory" commercials than i have for the actual game. poor advertising on the behalf of the NHL.

If he does go (which i personally think Rory will bow out quietly and will not go), its obvious that they will change the format. i think maybe the players should vote... something like the western conference vote for the eastern team, and the eastern conference vote for the western team. OR let the fans vote but take out the elective players... throw all the "superstars" in the voting and thats it.
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Yeesh, the thing I don't get are the people who are calling the campaign a joke.

Umm, people, the all-star game has become a joke in the last 10 years or so. It's isn't even a hockey game. It's like a trip to the beer league for a day. Sending Fitzpatrick to the game would likely breathe some life into the game. Fitzpatrick would be one of the few guys on the ice who would be busting his ass out there every shift he got.
Victoriafan
CC Rookie

Post by Victoriafan »

On TSN last night, they said that Rory said that he would talk to his teammates and the NHLPA and make a call if he had to. I would love to see him go but agree that he probably won't. Although he did win the Canucks accuracy contest...could be a secret weapon for the West. On the other hand, the coach might just bench him.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I hope he wins a starting spot and goes. Cherry is an asshole and a freak and a complete jerk for saying anything at all, who is he anyway just another fired coach who couldn't get on with another team. Geez this guy has become a national joke. As for Rory, hey buddy laugh with us and enjoy it. GO IF YOU WIN AND ACTUALLY THROW A CHECK!
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

The sad thing about that asshole cherry, is that he has probably never seen Rory play a game. It just shows his level of intelligence to personally insult the guy. Cherry should be run outta the game. He was bush league as a player, bush league as a coach, but a grade A asshole!
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

This picture just puts a smile on my face, lol

Keep voting people, don't let the naysayers spoil this.....Rory's come too far to let it slip away......someone should do a recount, I think the NHL is trying to 'fix' the numbers. :lol: They're way too afraid of the "people's choice!"

This guy nailed all four targets in the skills competition...in other words, Crawford would use him in a shootout over Gretzky. That says allstar to Clam! :lol:
Rory also got an assist last night, the Sedins aren't the only ones on fire right now!
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Ok, I can't stop.....this one is too much though, lol
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Clam, that one with Rory/Ovechkin is easily the funniest thing all season so far. I laugh out loud just thinking of it.

Just voted 5 more X. But please everyone, do not vote for Robbie L. Send Kiprusoff & let Luongo have a well deserved break, as well as getting Rory there.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Just voted 5 more X. But please everyone, do not vote for Robbie L. Send Kiprusoff & let Luongo have a well deserved break, as well as getting Rory there.
I second that motion. Robbie needs some rest.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I had a dream...

Even if Luongo doesn't start, odds are he will be our rep there won't he? So its probably either Luongo or Fitzpatrick.....so if anyone wants Roberto to get a rest they better start voting more for Rory.
I agree SR, that clip makes me laugh as well. Hilarious
Happy new years everyone!