Mitchell symptom free

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Soapy
MVP
MVP

Mitchell symptom free

Post by Soapy »

Great news off the internet today !!
Canucks' Willie Mitchell skated with the team today and was symptom free. He said he felt great and hopes he can play tomorrow.
A decision will be made tomorrow on whether he'll play, either following the skate or it will be game-time decision.
Thank you hockey gods! I thought we might have lost him with the unrecoverable concussion....make us a lot harder to play against. It will be awsome if he can play against Detroit.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

This is what I read this morning... http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 5989dd055d Do you have a more current source? The Province article didn't sound too confident that he'd be back this week...
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

SPORTSNET.CA
http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hockeyce ... ptom_free/

I saw it come up on the site at about 1PM PST
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Backwash
AHL Prospect

Post by Backwash »

Now do you leave him on the IR for his 10th game and free up $400,000?? If he's questionable i say do it, And alleviate the cap space pressure on Nonis.
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

We will see.
"I think my biggest influence has been Messier."Watching him prepare for games and how seriously he still took everything at his age. A lot of the qualities that he had helped me get better."- Markus Naslund
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Backwash wrote:Now do you leave him on the IR for his 10th game and free up $400,000?? If he's questionable i say do it, And alleviate the cap space pressure on Nonis.
There was a lot of talk last year about this with Ed Jovanovski. My understanding is that it doesn't simply free up cap space. Rather, the value of a player acquired to replace him would not count against the cap.

Perhaps someone who knows more definitively can comment... but I believe in the case, the minimum wage salary of either Edler or Coulombe is what is not counting in his absence. Maybe not?