Bourdon sent back

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Bourdon sent back

Post by levelheaded »

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article. ... 42334_4008

I kind of expected him to stick around actually. Coloumbe gets called up, he deserved it after the training camp he had, but I'm not sold on him. He really has to prove himself against the best players in the world.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Coloumbe has not done well in Winnipeg is a minus player and has 2 points I believe, tings is getting desperate. But Bourdon he has to go back to junior he's so far from being ready
cheers
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

Wow, what a day of change for the Canucks today. Bourdon sent down, Coulombe called up, Fitz is hurt. We need one more D though with Mitchell and Salo still out. I am particularly worried about Mitchell though.

From what I heard about Coulombe, he had been a healthy scratch for a couple of games. I don't know what happened.
cerios
CC Veteran

Post by cerios »

Edler wasn't exactly burning it up either and hes looked more then competent. Giving Coulombe a chance is hardly going to hurt the team. I was however under the impression that Salo was ready to go thursday and Mitchell is a maybe? have things changed?
gobi
MVP
MVP

Post by gobi »

I heard that Mitchell's headache has returned which is not a good sign. And Salo was at least one game from coming back. I hope my version is wrong.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

well as for Bourdon... I'm a tad dissapointed with his performance at th NHL level. I was really banking on him becomming a huge defensive asset for us this year. And i do think he could have really benefited from being in the big show against the best competition possible compared to the minors. However, given his performance and amount of ice time this is probably the best move for us right now. better luck next year Luc ;)
Edler i think has been a huge suprise when he came up, so hopefully he can keep playing well and help back there. I didnt hear what happened to Fitz... anyone know? Lets all hope that Mitchell is going to be useless to us for the rest of the season because of this concussion.
Im guessin Salo "could" be ready for thursday, but its best to play it safe and give him a couple more days...
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
showtyme21
CC Rookie

Post by showtyme21 »

There were 2 defensemen missing from today's Manitoba Moose game, and I'm ashamed to say that I have not actually been following them much (although I saw a great game on Tuesday night from a luxury box - that's another story). I have no idea who the 2nd defenseman was, but the guys on the radio figured that the reason for him being a healthy scratch was because he'd been called up... So I guess that means we get to see the Manitoba Moose defensive core in the NHL again this year:)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Given the clarification on the age rule (has to be 20 before Dec 31 to be able to be sent down to the AHL) and the injury situation, this is probably the correct move. Had Salo, Mitchell and Fitspatrick (sprained ankle) not been injured I think we'd still see Bourdon in the pressbox as he was benifitting from the practices etc. But because they'd have to play him if he stuck around the right decision has been made.
Kikbutt_10
CC Veteran

Post by Kikbutt_10 »

Nathan McIver is the other defencemen recalled from the Moose, I'm not positive but I could've sworn he was a scratch in the Moose's last win Wednesday night against the Griffins, trial by fire playing against the Ducks tonight!!! :shock:
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I'm not positive but I could've sworn he was a scratch in the Moose's last win Wednesday night against the Griffins
With the Defensive injury luck we have been having, it was probably a move to protect him ;p
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.