Edler, so far so good

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Edler, so far so good

Post by Fred »

The guy seems to show maturity byond his years, plays a simple game but frankly I thought very effective. Bouron on the other hand although his decission making is getting pressure, maybe the first time his ability has been questioned the lack of his ability to pivot was absolutly glaring last when he ended up on one play taking the pivot 270 to the right rather than a simple pivot to the left, needless to say the Dallas player breezed by him.

Looks to me like Edlers taking his chance, plus of course he's a year older and Bourdon may end up returning to Moncton, although it would be nice if they could find him a senior team in Europe
cheers
Hercules_Rockefeller
CC Rookie

Post by Hercules_Rockefeller »

The was that Edler has handidly outplayed Bourdon has really impressed me. He's even getting ice time in the penalty kill. Nothing to sneeze at, even if he had Ohlund watching his back every shift.

The knock against Edler before this year was that he would make defensive mistakes and was generally too raw to play in the NHL. Even though it's only been 2 games, I'm not seeing that. I hope he stays up and pushes Fitz back into the press box, where he belongs.
Formerly Dangerous Dan.