Nonis speaks out about free agency and the schedule.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Island Nucklehead wrote: I think a little more balance would be nice. I would say one home and home with every team in the east would be enough. (32 Games) This leaves 50 games to play against your own conference, and we get to see every player in the league at least once.
ummm, there's 15 teams in the East, so that would 30 games against them if they had cross conference home and homes.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

One thing that I don't think has been mentioned in the NEW schedules that we are all inventing is...the Eastern teams do not care about Western teams except for Chicago & Detroit. They could care less about balance & fairness & travel. Boston & Philly do not want to see the Canucks. Not the fans or management...the Canucks mean nothing to them...they want to see the regional & original six rivalries. The west will always get screwed because of the power the east holds with the NHL.
I would love to see the whole league at least once a season, but I don't think you will get the eastern managers to agree to the "western road trip" It wasn't that long ago when the leaves caused a Canada wide uproar when they complained about having their western road swing over Christmas! Poor things!!
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill