Classic case of media trying to CREATE controversy

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Badfish wrote:Yes, in a topic that slanders and threatens all media journalists with the same brush, calling on them to be gassed, (even if only half serious, although from that rant I'm not sure thats even true...) we wonder why we haven't heard from Meida_Man... strange indeed...

For all we know Media_Man could BE *shudder* ....Gallagher :shock:

either that or Dan Murphy :D
'Media Man' isn't Dan Murphy....or Tony Gallagher. 'Media Man' also isn't Jay Janower or Rick Ball. I do know he graduated from BCIT a few years after some of the guys I just mentioned (and yes, Tony graduated a few decades earlier from UBC, though I do believe 'Media Man' went there too).

We haven't seen 'Media Man' on here in a while. Maybe he's too busy....or has his own online soapbox:)

dp
Last edited by DavidPratt_ on Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
cerios
CC Veteran

Post by cerios »

Although the notion of the Sedins being in the doghouse is obviously stupid, there is no doubt that they were and have tired as games have worn on. Although the Sedins are extremely talented they are still quite slow, that means that just keeping up in the new NHL is going to be a significant hardship for them.

As for Vers hate of the media you have to keep in mind hes the kind of guy that thinks the media is controlled by commie pinko fags that are part of the vast left wing plot to take over the world. So don't take his rants to seriously.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

With this city being as Canuck-Crazy as it is, it's gotta be tough for these media people to come up with stories 365 days of the year. I bet most of them get tired of writing/talking about the Canucks and nothing else
I know it turns me off and I limit my intake while the sports media do not have that option.

Also lets not forget that the province is a tabloid, therefore their writing is naturally going to be more sensationalistic and trashy

If serious unbiased writing is what you crave I suggest sticking to a few blog's like Tom Benjamin or some of the links on the right hand side of his main page
ververgaert
MVP
MVP

Post by ververgaert »

It sure seems that way in Canada to me Cerios.
Don Cherry for Prime Minister