Shades of Mario

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rising Sun Canuck
CC Rookie

Post by Rising Sun Canuck »

I'm hoping the Pens move to Canada, we deserve to have another team back where Hockey really matters.

Yea, that is a sick amount of talent. Staal, Malkin and Crosby. When we were tanking all those years we never hit the jackpot like the Penguins have.

It's going to be fun watching Malkin and Crosby light it up- and I just love the energy the teams has, like after Malkin scores and Crosby jumps on him.
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

why we all so cynical about the nucks i read an interesting peice on their website yesterday and if you look although we aint come out all guns blazing like last season where at this point we were 8-1-1 we struggled later on- this year we are finding our feet getting to know each other as a team and after xmas looking at the way our second line played last night (we thought we had no strength and depth) i think we will deffo make the playoffs.
Canucks Is Life, Everything else is mere Detail.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

A Canucks fan must be cynical, there's no other way to survive. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

i suppose if you have lesser expectations then things like making the playoffs are a bonus.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

UK Canuck wrote:i suppose if you have lesser expectations then things like making the playoffs are a bonus.
Welcome to my world. :|
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

the thing about this season is 11 games in and I have a better feeling at 6-4-1 than when we were at 8-1-1 Iast year. I can see the effort with this team is 100% better than last years. their drive is stronger and obviously the goaltending is heads and tails above what we have ever had. You could tell out of the gate that we were riding the coat tails of naslund and the sedin line in the first 10 games last year. our work ethic was terrible and the team was lazy and was lucky to get a few of those wins. this year we earned every point we have got so far and probably should have had at least 1 to 2 more that we got robbed on. (that will balance itself out later)
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

mattola i love your signature i definitley feel more optimistic about this season. :twisted:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

UK Canuck wrote:mattola i love your signature
Why, it shows just a fat goalie. ;) :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Munchkin
AHL Prospect

Post by Munchkin »

UK Canuck wrote:in some ways finishing low is a good idea in the long term on this evidence.
This is no news tho..
See how the very same team made their last franchise... Tanked, got Mario....