Van-St.L game in High Def ... so why not show game in HD?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

yammi
CC Veteran

Van-St.L game in High Def ... so why not show game in HD?

Post by yammi »

Just watched TSN's highlights of the Vancouver game in St. Louis and they were in glorious high definition because the game was shown in the U.S. on FSN.

My question ... why in the hell do we have to watch the game in "crap vision" when an HD feed is available to Rogers Sportsnet?!!

NHL hockey is a multimillion dollar business and the biggest thing going in Canada, and yet Sportsnet won't buck up for a decent feed for the hockey-crazed viewers here ... what a friggin' joke!!!
MacNews
CC Veteran

Post by MacNews »

Probably because SN is a cheap network...besides I doubt there is any amount of people that have both HD-ready TVs along with the HD-channel pack. It's Canada so we're 1-2 yrs behind the US in adoption of technology, you gotta translate the manual into french, remember.
midknight
AHL Prospect

Post by midknight »

i never even checked but was it available on one of the center ice hd channels?
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

MacNews wrote:I doubt there is any amount of people that have both HD-ready TVs along with the HD-channel pack. .
I think you're wrong about that, but that's not likely the reason. The real reason is that SportsNet has only one hdtv feed canada wide and the game was on sportsnet pacific which isn't a hi def channel, at least not on StarChoice.

By 2008 all US broadcasters must have completed the switch to hi def so it's only a matter of time.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

In this case, I think supplying the channels will create the demand. Iif I knew I could get some of the Canucks games in HD, then I'd probably buy the box. You don't buy the box then sit around hoping the stuff you want will become available.
midknight
AHL Prospect

Post by midknight »

im pretty sure that people WITHOUT HD will be a minority soon if not already.
even my parents have HD... the HD equipment is not nearly as expensive as it used to be.