Robyn on Downy hit

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Robyn on Downy hit

Post by Madcombinepilot »

anyone have a video clip of the hit?

Thanks in advance.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

You know, something struck me when I watch that clip, and it links to another thread where someone mentioned team toughness and Ohlund getting warned about his hit on Hemsky.

The Canucks don't even have a true middleweight quasi-fighter. The best we have is the "can handle his own" type of player in Mitchell or Bieksa. I know the age of the enforcer is dead, but I would feel a whole lot better with someone we could send out there to take a beating but send the message. The Brad May type punching bag.

People say Mitchell is a tough cookie, and he is. But we need him on the ice, if he's gone for 5 then the other team has a hug advantage on us. Why waste talent? We should use one of our minimum salaried 4th liners as a 5 min/game, hit everything that moves, create a stir and drop 'em if needs be player. Right now we have several players that play 8-12 min/game, hit nothing, dump and chase with the stick, and back down when challenged or try to create a penalty. (I don't want to get started on Burrows' diving...makes me sick) Mostly, I think these players are there for the sole purpose to take time of the clock, they're not being counted on to DO anything but keep the score the same and eat minutes. Why not bring someone in who will create momentum or smash opponents? Thoughts?
Delray
MVP
MVP

Post by Delray »

Island, great point. No doubt fighting is not what it used to be, but you need that enforcer type of player. Hopefully as the season gets into full swing somebody may be available. Too early to tell now where the contender/pretender line is.
Does anybody have any ideas what player would bein the final year of his contract and may possibly be moved?