Baumgartner and two other Flyers on waivers

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Harold wrote:I'm sorry but the 'with the state our defence is in' comment has to be your most off-the mark comment I've heard you make - and that includes anything you've said about Fedorov or Reid. Our defence has been outstanding this season, and one of the main reasons we are still right in the mix and not have a Philadelphia Flyers-type season. Edmonton has a great offence and we limited them to what 17 and 20 shots in back-to-back games. And Mitchell has been so steady and a rock back there - how in the hell has he struggled?
And why talk about Tremblay when he is a Moose defenceman? No chance he sees time with the team unless there are significant injuries, and there are not. As this defence sits right now it has done an amazing job and is one of the top D's in our division.
Wow, couldn't disagree more. How about this, Luongo has been outstanding, the defence quite frankly looks better because of this. Mitchell has been average at best, the only time I've found him steady is on the penalty kill. He's hardly been the player he was against us in the playoffs a few yrs back. Why talk about Tremblay? Because after his 9 games, if Bourdon gets sent down he's going to be in our lineup thats why.

The team as a whole has played a very stingy defensive trap style system so far. As a a unit they've been successful because they've got a goalie who stops almost everything when he's on. This hardly makes the defence outstanding. I have yet to be impressed by the unit overall. Salo & Ohlund have been great and Bieksa has been a pleasant surprise so far.

Please enlighten me as to what "off the mark" things I've said about Fedorov & Reid. Really Harold I'd like to know.
Harold
CC Veteran

Post by Harold »

ClamRussel wrote:
Harold wrote:I'm sorry but the 'with the state our defence is in' comment has to be your most off-the mark comment I've heard you make - and that includes anything you've said about Fedorov or Reid. Our defence has been outstanding this season, and one of the main reasons we are still right in the mix and not have a Philadelphia Flyers-type season. Edmonton has a great offence and we limited them to what 17 and 20 shots in back-to-back games. And Mitchell has been so steady and a rock back there - how in the hell has he struggled?
And why talk about Tremblay when he is a Moose defenceman? No chance he sees time with the team unless there are significant injuries, and there are not. As this defence sits right now it has done an amazing job and is one of the top D's in our division.
Wow, couldn't disagree more. How about this, Luongo has been outstanding, the defence quite frankly looks better because of this. Mitchell has been average at best, the only time I've found him steady is on the penalty kill. He's hardly been the player he was against us in the playoffs a few yrs back. Why talk about Tremblay? Because after his 9 games, if Bourdon gets sent down he's going to be in our lineup thats why.

The team as a whole has played a very stingy defensive trap style system so far. As a a unit they've been successful because they've got a goalie who stops almost everything when he's on. This hardly makes the defence outstanding. I have yet to be impressed by the unit overall. Salo & Ohlund have been great and Bieksa has been a pleasant surprise so far.

Please enlighten me as to what "off the mark" things I've said about Fedorov & Reid. Really Harold I'd like to know.
I guess we've been watching different games then. Take tonight against St.Louis again, our team only allowed 17 shots on goal. Luongo still let in 2 of those, so I wouldn't be so quick to say it is because of the goalie.

So how many games has Bourdon played so far? The Canucks have played 7 games, and Bourdon has played a few minutes in one of those games. Even when he is sent down we won't be seeing Tremblay unless injuries hit this team. And even then it is debatable whether Coloumbe might be called up first.

What off the mark things have you said about Reid and Fedorov? How about all of them? Well for one you were the biggest grandstander for both players. From reading your posts it made me think both were can't-miss players, and the Canucks would be crazy not to play them. And both players have showed time after time that they couldn't cut it in the NHL. I chalked it up as an error in your judgment evaluating a hockey player, just the same as your current evaluation of the defence.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Now Gentleman...easy...
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

i have to agree with you harold our defence has been immense this season and their is no need for change- luongo has been amazing too. we definitley got the better deal in the bertuzzi trade.
Canucks Is Life, Everything else is mere Detail.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

What off the mark things have you said about Reid and Fedorov? How about all of them? Well for one you were the biggest grandstander for both players
Excuse me Harold, but I was a bigger fan of those two players than Clam was....

Clam just agreed with me.... :D

Regarding Fedor Fedorov, it was Burkey who said he was the third most talented player in the Nucks system so we all deserve a mulligan on that one...

Regarding Reid, let the season play out before you rush to judge Clams comments regarding him....

Regarding Clams take on the Nucks blue line situation, I disagree with him as well on almost every point but in that no harm, no foul...

Take care...
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

YOU TWO SHOULD GET A ROOM :lol:
Harold
CC Veteran

Post by Harold »

rikster wrote:
What off the mark things have you said about Reid and Fedorov? How about all of them? Well for one you were the biggest grandstander for both players
Excuse me Harold, but I was a bigger fan of those two players than Clam was....

Clam just agreed with me.... :D

Regarding Fedor Fedorov, it was Burkey who said he was the third most talented player in the Nucks system so we all deserve a mulligan on that one...

Regarding Reid, let the season play out before you rush to judge Clams comments regarding him....

Regarding Clams take on the Nucks blue line situation, I disagree with him as well on almost every point but in that no harm, no foul...

Take care...
Ouch! It is possible that I confused some of Rikster's past comments about Fedorov with Clam's. Clam, I apologize for that.

Though my assessment of Fedorov and Reid still stands: both career minor-leaguers at best.
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

has fedorov played in the NHL yet? If not you cant judge him until he has. le calvier didnt start his career all guns balzing but he is doing ok now wouldnt you agree?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

UK Canuck wrote:has fedorov played in the NHL yet? If not you cant judge him until he has. le calvier didnt start his career all guns balzing but he is doing ok now wouldnt you agree?
Not even sure why I'm responding but...

Yes he has with two teams. Both have let him walk and couldn't wait to do so. He has also essentially been a middling in the AHL scoring at about the 0.5 ppg mark.

The problem isn't skill. Fedorov has it in spades. The problem is hockey sense, heart and desire. He has none of those things.

Lecavalier started his NHL career when he was 18 years old. In his second season he had 67 points. Vinny right now is one year older than Fedorov. So if you want to bring up that comparison then Fedorov better become a pretty damn good NHL player in short order because Lecavalier has been one for about 500 or so regular season NHL games.

Fedorov is done in the NHL.
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

SO DOES FEDEROV PLAY WITH MANITOBA NOW?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

UK Canuck wrote:SO DOES FEDEROV PLAY WITH MANITOBA NOW?
Fedorov went to the Rangers organization after the canucks organization. he got a shot with the Rangers and failed as miserably as he did with the canucks. He also failed miserably with the Hartford Wolfpack (rangers farm team). Fedorov is now in Russia...doubtful he returns unless he finds some desire and heart.
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

Crawford once said that Federov had the most raw talent of any Canuck on the team...and that was when we had both Naslund and Bertuzzi. Fedor had all kinds of attitude and commitment problems, if you've seen him play you know he's got unreal skill, but when he can't make and stick on two NHL teams or even be dominant in the AHL despite the ability, you know what the problem is, and it's not something that improves with practice.
Mark
WCE
MVP
MVP

Post by WCE »

Don't forget your assessment and championing of 1999 pick Rene Vydareny either Rikster...

I know that the Blob cat sure hasn't!

:lol:
"We Will Rise Again"

- Fan's sign from the final game of the 05/06 season
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Don't forget your assessment and championing of 1999 pick Rene Vydareny either Rikster
Good memory WCE!

I really liked Vydareny, I wonder whatever happened to him....

I also wonder what might have been had Fedor and Vydareny and Reid been on the Moose with a coach not named Smyl....

At least that's my excuse :D

Good to see you posting again...

Take care...
UK Canuck
CC Veteran

Post by UK Canuck »

thanks for the info guys. i wonder how he feels not living up to his brothers great name?