Nolan Schaefer on Waivers

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Nolan Schaefer on Waivers

Post by levelheaded »

Damn...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=179946&hubname=

I'd much prefer him to Sabourin, but oh well. Nonis made his choice. Let's just hope it wasn't the wrong one.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Peter "Who" (Schaefer's) little bro right? Yeah, he seemed like a pretty good prospect before.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

2005-06 San Jose Sharks NHL 7 0 0 2 352 11 1 1 1.87 5 1 0 127 0.920 - - - -

We can claim more than one right?

And yeah, this is the same kid who stood there and laughed when my buddy and I threw rocks at his older brother, Pete.......
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Why can't Nonis pick him? Put Sabourin on waivers again and if he clears he goes to the moose, so who cares.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

yeah, i was wondering that too.... if we could ditch Sabourin and go after Schaefer??
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
MarkMM
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by MarkMM »

God, that'd be unreal depth...Luongo and Shaefer with the Canucks, McIntyre with the Salmon Kings, Sabourin and Ellis with the Moose, Schneider in college, Vincent in junior, Noronen in Europe...

Aside from the fact that Shaefer seems ideal for the back-up job behind Luongo...

Assets Owns a big frame. Is savvy for his age and doesn't usually overplay shooters. Can come off the bench cold and deliver a sound performance.
Flaws Needs more experience against top shooters. Doesn't have the requisite skills to emerge as a starter at the highest level.
Career potential No. 2 goalie.

...I'm not unhappy with having taken Sabourin.
Mark
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Schaefer cleared waivers, unreal....I'd have MUCH preferred him over Sabourin. To me, Sabourin is a kick in the nuts to Flaherty...but claiming Schaefer would be justified and quite understandable.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

ClamRussel wrote:Schaefer cleared waivers, unreal....I'd have MUCH preferred him over Sabourin. To me, Sabourin is a kick in the nuts to Flaherty...but claiming Schaefer would be justified and quite understandable.
I've read he makes a little coin at the NHL level, and that's the biggest problem for a cap-challenged team like ours.

Or perhaps his brother has already badmouthed the city to him, who knows...