Penguins purchased by Blackberry co-CEO for $175 million US

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Penguins purchased by Blackberry co-CEO for $175 million US

Post by Tukaram »

Jim Balsillie, co-chief executive officer of Canada's Research In Motion Ltd. (TSX:RIM), the maker of the BlackBerry, has signed an agreement to buy the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Terms haven't officially been released but Balsillie is believed to be spending US$175-million for the NHL club.

The Canadian executive is expected to meet with the Pittsburgh media Thursday night at Mellon Arena, where the Penguins are scheduled to face the Philadelphia Flyers in their season opener.
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=179841&hubname=
Nanaimo_Nuck
CC Rookie

Post by Nanaimo_Nuck »

Is Mario Lemieux still involved with the team? I think he has an excellent hockey mind and he is building this team with superstars.... think about it...

Mario Lemieux was brought in to a last place team and scored his first goal on his first shot on his first shift

The team eventually built around him and Jagr mostly into a Stanley Cup team

I can see this as a definite possibility with Crosby and Malkin one day. It's the same style... Lemieux is the man, you need a captain to steer the ship

All it takes is making these guys #1 priority and bada bing bada boom the team that loses money starts making money and starts the wheels in motion.

Skys the limit.
supercanuck
CC Veteran

Post by supercanuck »

And the Pens win one for the new owner. Ruutuu and Crosby with 1 G, 1 A each.
*CanucksForLife*
CC Veteran

Post by *CanucksForLife* »

Does that mean all teh Pens get blakc and gold Blackberry's?
I Hart Luongo.