the laughs theme song for '06

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

the laughs theme song for '06

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Bye Bye Jason, Eric and Tie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A long, long time ago,I can still remember
how the playoffs used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my way, the leaves would be playing in May
and maybe Toronto would be happy for awhile

But February made me shiver
With every loss that was delivered
Bad news with Eagle Eddie
I couldn't keep myself steady

I cant remember if I cried
When I saw Sundin called for the dive
But something kicked me in guts
The year the Maple leaves sucked

So bye bye Jason, Eric and Tie
Welcome Pavel,Hal and Micheal i hope you're not a small fry
No more Pat Quinn drinking whisky and rye
Saying i'll play Matt Stajan when I die
I'll play Matt Stajan when I die

Did you see Poni's breakout year?
And Tucker makes you cower in fear
If Darcy tells you so
And do you believe in Jeffy'O?
Can Rayzor save our team in goal?
And can you see us starting real slow?

And i know that Sundin is the man
Cause the magic stick is in his hands
His shot may be getting old
but he stilll scores the winning goal
I am a long time Leafer from the East
With a hatred for the team of Muck
But I knew we were out of luck
The year the Maple leaves Sucked

I started singing bye bye Jason, Eric and Tie
Saying i'll play Matt Stjan when I die

Now for 40 years we've been on our own
With zero cups we're the subject of scorn
But thats not how it used to be
When The Big M acheived his dream
At a MLG causing quite the scene
With a goal cheered by grandpas of me

And while the city was going nuts
We didnt bother too count our luck
The cup parade was adjourned
Never ro retuuuuuuurn

And while Ballard read the plays from heart
Sitts and Lanny were in the dark
And now we say a collective ****

We were singing bye bye Jason, Eric and Tie

Nik, Alex, Chad and Kyle Welly
Need solid years or we'll be kicked in the belly
And Aubin better not fall on his rear
We'll need a backup during the year
If not we'll need Telly to bounce baaack

There's still a question about FA's
and whether any will be signing today
We all hate fake rumour starters
Just say no to Anson Carter!

The boys will soon be taking the ice
This year's team is a roll of the dice
Do you recall the drinking in your truck

We started singing bye bye Jason, Eric and Tie

And here we are all with one voice
The bandwagon with plenty of space
With no time left till the season starts
So come on Paul Maurice coach us well
We can't endure another season of hell
The Sens are Satan's only friend

As I watched Jiri Tlusty on the stage
Fergie actually seemed quite sage
No prospect left couild beat
Picking Jiri at thirteeeeeeen

And as the picks climbed into the night
The long dark tunnel had a light
I saw Hab fans laughing at their luck

We were singing bye bye Jason, Eric and Tie

I saw a fan in white and blue
and i asked him for some happy news
He just smiled and turned away
I went by to the sacred rink
Where Marty M was declared a fink
But the man there said the leaves didn't play
In the streets the big fans screamed
The trollers cried and the Leaf board dreamed
Not a rule was broken
The Mod buttons were all broken

And the three leaves I like the most
The Big M, Dougie and Horton's ghost
Saw a team completly out of luck

And they were singing bye bye Jason, Eric and Tie

They were singing bye bye Jason, Eric and Tie
--

*Song ripped from e-mail source*
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Made my night
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
JamesOwnzSam11
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JamesOwnzSam11 »

need it in mp3 form.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

More obsession over Toronto. No wonder we're the centre of the hockey universe. We're the most talked about team.

Toronto will be better then Vancouver this year. You've got Luongo, unfortunitely, you don't have much else.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I look forward to watching the Laufs Top 4 D eat all the salary away from the team for the next 5 years. You are correct in your statement that you are the most talked about team...my only question is "WHY?" NO reason whatsoever for all the attention they get. Sportsnet even has Hockey Hearsay segments on Tie Domi's personal life. What a crock! Even the retired Lauf goons get tabloid coverage, lovin the Toronto Media!
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

If a Canuck goon was F-ing Stronach it would be on Sportsnet too.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

BigTuna wrote: Toronto will be better then Vancouver this year.
There you have it folks, the most ridiculous statement of the entire season. And it hasn't even started yet.

Why will the Laffs be better? Because they get to play Florida, The Islanders, and all the other weak teams of the east, with literally zero travel. And they still won't even come close to the playoffs.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Tukaram »

The person who came up with that has way too much ti(m)e on their hands.

I salute them. :lol:
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

[quote="SRsez"][quote="BigTuna"] Toronto will be better then Vancouver this year.[/quote]

There you have it folks, the most ridiculous statement of the entire season. And it hasn't even started yet.

Why will the Laffs be better? Because they get to play Florida, The Islanders, and all the other weak teams of the east, with literally zero travel. And they still won't even come close to the playoffs.[/quote]

Ridiculous? The Canucks have no depth! You've lost more then you've gained. You guys act like Luongo will make such a huge difference and guarantee you in the playoffs. He's never played a single game.

The Canucks' defense isn't even in the same league of the leaves. You can't touch Mccabe/Kaberle/Kubina. A great top 3. Raycroft has looked great in the preseason(as has the whole team)

It's funny hearing from fans out West how weak the east is, yet the East always wins the cup in the end.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Luongo is 100% better than Raycroft, who couldn't even hold down his job against a 30-something no-name.

Mccabe is the most overrated defensman in the league. He's brutal on D and his massive amount of points still don't propel him into the + side of things. And idiot Lauff managment signed him for 7 Mil. Per!!!

Kubina is slow and gets burned more than firewood.

Your top 3 is certainly well-paid...but savagely overrated and I think we'll all see that this year.

Our forwards are better, even without the right side depth. Naslund over Sundin, and the Sedin twins over Tucker/Steen or Wellwood.

The Laufs have defensive depth, but shallow goaltending...we here in Canuckland know were that took us these past couple seasons.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

[quote="Island Nucklehead"]Luongo is 100% better than Raycroft, who couldn't even hold down his job against a 30-something no-name.

Mccabe is the most overrated defensman in the league. He's brutal on D and his massive amount of points still don't propel him into the + side of things. And idiot Lauff managment signed him for 7 Mil. Per!!!

Kubina is slow and gets burned more than firewood.

Your top 3 is certainly well-paid...but savagely overrated and I think we'll all see that this year.

Our forwards are better, even without the right side depth. Naslund over Sundin, and the Sedin twins over Tucker/Steen or Wellwood.

The Laufs have defensive depth, but shallow goaltending...we here in Canuckland know were that took us these past couple seasons.[/quote]

Shallow goaltending? The leaves have not 1, not 2, but 3 goaltenders in the preseason playing great. Yes, Raycroft had a bad year, but he was on a terrible team and in 04' he was great and rookie of the year. Not to mention he's looked better then Luongo so far.

Sundin is better then Naslund. When Naslund was doing nothing for his team while they were fighting for a playoff spot, Sundin was carrying his team on his back and playing as good as anyone in the league.

Oh yes, Maccabe, Kubina overrated blah, blah, blah. Bottom line is the 3 of them are better then the Canucks defense, and in case you didn't notice, The Canucks also missed the playoffs.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

I would take Jovo, Ohlund, Salo, and Allen over the leaves top 4 from last year any day/time/place.

The point was: our deep defence didn't get us anywhere last year. What makes you think you're somewhat deep D will get you anywhere this year.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

[quote="Island Nucklehead"]I would take Jovo, Ohlund, Salo, and Allen over the leaves top 4 from last year any day/time/place.

The point was: our deep defence didn't get us anywhere last year. What makes you think you're somewhat deep D will get you anywhere this year.[/quote]

Well, a better defence is only part of it. The reason the leaves missed the playoffs last year is because they were the worst team in hockey from mid January to late February. They were just god aweful and missed the playoffs because of it.(The rest of the year they were in that 5-6 range in the East). Quinn should have been fired at that point, but having Maurice will be a big difference.

I believe their defence, goaltending, coaching and 5 on 5 offense will be better. Their PP last year was terrific, so it'll be tough to equal or top that though.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

MY 2 cents?

Toronto are counting on young guys to step up big time, as are the Canucks. Both teams might have been good enough to make the playoffs but didn't...hot at the end or not.

I take the Sedins over anyone the leaves have except for Sundin, and I agree with Tuna that Sundin is better than Naslund....however , Sundin also didn't get them into the playoffs, is injury prone and getting old.

Lets see what happens! I see too many similarities between the teams at this point to decide who is better.

Playing great in the pre-season means nothing Tuna, and you know it. Raycroft is wildly inconsistent. Canucks fans can sense that kind of goaltender from a mile away....look at Cloots.

I'm sure Luongo will be better than he is now.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Tuna wrote:You can't touch Mccabe/Kaberle/Kubina.
McCabe/Kaberle/Kubina?

None of them is a shut down type the likes of Matty Ohlund, much less Willie Mitchell.

And for all that think McCabe is the "best defenseman in the NHL", he is - just like Iginla is the "best player in the game". :roll:

McCabe & Ohlund score at almost an identical rate, despite the fact that Ohlund plays against the opponent's best lines, and didn't see first unit PP time, either. The Canucks and their fans are grateful that management saw fit to trade the less gifted player.

Kaberle is a great talent, no doubt, and I'll give you he tips the balance their way, but then Mitchell & Salo are quite easily both better than Kubina.

To claim
Tuna wrote:The leaves have not 1, not 2, but 3 goaltenders in the preseason playing great.
makes me think you must be GM in disguise. Who else would deliberately post anything so incredibly asinine? Who cares that they can play well in preseason?

All three combined aren't 1/10 the goalie Luongo is, which was only the finest goalie in the league last season. Raycroft is a legitimate never will be.

No, what was truly amazing about the Laffs last year was that they weren't the absolute worst team in the league.

And I just have to laugh at anyone suggesting that with a $45M cap any team has "depth". :lol:
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)