Bo Horvat Trade

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Re: Bo Horvat Trade

Post by UWSaint »

Lancer wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:22 am Zacha is even cheaper, and he's a UFA at the end of this season, so he would essentially be a cap-dump after this season - although only at $3.5 million.
Zacha extended a few weeks ago.
Hono_rary Canadian
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:48 pm THE PACKAGE THE BRUINS HAD ON THE TABLE
One of Jake DeBrusk, Pavel Zacha, or Trent Frederic, plus Fabian Lysell and a 2023 first-rounder
No D-man listed (ie: B.Carlo). Pretty comparable to the NYI deal I guess.
Quite comparable indeed.

While DeBrusk or Frederic may be more appealing than Beau, not sure Zacha was on the table in the end as he was just re-signed.

No doubt the Isles 1st round pick will be higher tho, and I’ll take a top centre prospect over a top winger prospect 8 days a week.

According to this comparable, the Islanders option was the better of the two.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

UWSaint wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:38 am
Lancer wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:22 am Zacha is even cheaper, and he's a UFA at the end of this season, so he would essentially be a cap-dump after this season - although only at $3.5 million.
Zacha extended a few weeks ago.
Just when I thought I could trust CapFriendly... :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

JUST WONDER IF EVERYONE NOTICED THE ANNUAL DONATION DRIVE IS IN FULL SWING:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... =7&t=12640

Give generously, give with all your might, give, give, give...

(or hell, just give a little)
:wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Frank Seravalli: Bo get's 8 years, no word on AAV yet. Irfaan believes it's 8x8.
#isles announce an 8-year contract extension for Bo Horvat has been agreed to terms.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Glad we didn’t sign him to that. Still wish it was Miller going to NYI in that trade but it wasn’t a bad return for him.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Making Vancouver management looking even worse than the did last month.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

SKYO wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:38 am Frank Seravalli: Bo get's 8 years, no word on AAV yet. Irfaan believes it's 8x8.
#isles announce an 8-year contract extension for Bo Horvat has been agreed to terms.
This comes as no surprise.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:53 am Making Vancouver management looking even worse than the did last month.
I dunno, Bo will be 35-36 when that contract expires, too much term at that AAV methinks.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:47 am Apparently Bo just signed with Islanders for 8 x $8M...
Yep. Just saw that.

Not surprising. He knows that the market for UFA’s would get him a year less and also most decent teams would be in tough to add him at that price in the flat cap. He likely also knows that his value has peaked and based on the Islanders overall offensive numbers he is likely to see some of his scoring drop off.

This also tells me that he wanted out of Vancouver. If the rumour of $7.5M x 8 in Vancouver was true, well $500k is not really that much of a hometown discount to stay somewhere you want to stay when you’re talking about $60M vs $64M.

This is a clue at the level of mess in that room and organization, and it makes me believe the rumour that Rutherford wants out and that the Canucks have some players but not a team.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SKYO wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:38 am Frank Seravalli: Bo get's 8 years, no word on AAV yet. Irfaan believes it's 8x8.
Scratch that.....

Elliotte:

Horvat signs for 8-year/$68M contract!

$8,500,000 AAV. :shock:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:59 am
Scratch that.....

Elliotte:

OUCH!!

Waaaay too much...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hoe-Bo Whorevat cashing in.

I'm sure the Canucks could have offered the same but either didn't want to or Bo wasn't interested, for whatever reason. I mean, they were at 7.5 in November so I hardly think this was a no go over .5.

There is more than meets the eye here
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:00 pm
SKYO wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:59 am
Scratch that.....

Elliotte:

OUCH!!

Waaaay too much...
:wow:

This will be an albatross by year 4. Stinks like the last gasp of a dodo bird going extinct
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Rutherford is a HOF'er, 2 x cup champ and loves to point to his resumé as an NHL executive... but he can't handle this situation? He dug the hole even deeper and now wants out?

This organization man. The problem here is that the owner meddles in every department, including HR. Don't do the hiring yourself, Frankie.

8yrs @ $8.5M for our former captain. Yikes. We'll see how that contract turns out. The Isles are getting up there in the age department and is in a bit of a tight spot themselves with having money needed to sign a bunch of guys.

Yeah Cuz, how long were we all calling for 8 x $8M here? Seems more than fair, if he truly valued being a life-long Canuck. Certainly more than meets the eye. Perhaps he also wanted out, seeing the time left in his career and him leading this team nowhere for a decade and not wanting another 8 years of it.
Last edited by Carl Yagro on Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!