Bo Horvat Trade

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Bo Horvat Trade

Post by 2Fingers »

OK Chief/RD who do we pick at 13 - 20?

This is what can make or break the trade.

Watch the Nucks pick 2 wingers in 2023 1st round.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I dunno Skyo. He did after all trade to get JT. No indication that he would have kept Bo instead.

Now that it is done I'm ok with it. I guess having a whole season to prepare helps. I like the Aatu kid. Allvin was clear he wanted a centre back and he gets him. And yes we had to make the cap work for NYI so Beuvillier fits that bill. I'm not overly excited about him but we have time to see what he brings.

I'm ok with the pick sliding until next season too. It will be unprotected in 2024 and you never know. The pick this year won't get us closer to Bedard in any event. So either way, unless they win the Cup and it ends up being 32nd, we should get a good pick.

As if it matters, NYI fans are super pissed about this move, especially giving up a 1st rounder. So there is that.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:59 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:55 pm If the Islanders are out of the playoffs by TDD they can flip Bo at that time if they want and recoup some of their loss.
Watch that happen and Lou makes it a sign and trade and gets a better return than we got landing himself with two picks in the first round of 2023!!!
LOL.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:02 pm
I'm ok with the pick sliding until next season too. It will be unprotected in 2024 and you never know. The pick this year won't get us closer to Bedard in any event. So either way, unless they win the Cup and it ends up being 32nd, we should get a good pick.
Best case Ontario:

The Isles suck this year and defer the pick

Bo walks, they suck even further

That deferred pick becomes a high first next year

Canucks use this pick to scoop an ace, they win another trade with the isles and are set up for a decade

(JR knew Bo wanted to go somewhere other than NYI, trades Bo as a rental/no talks allowed because he knew where Bo was going)
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:58 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:57 pm Ever get a feeling if Jim Benning were still here, he'd have signed Bo over JT? hmmmmm
If Jim were still here, we'd be gearing up for a Cup Run right now! 8-)
:lol: Word

2Fingers wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:00 pm OK Chief/RD who do we pick at 13 - 20?

Likely a Dman
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:02 pm I dunno Skyo. He did after all trade to get JT. No indication that he would have kept Bo instead.

Now that it is done I'm ok with it. I guess having a whole season to prepare helps. I like the Aatu kid. Allvin was clear he wanted a centre back and he gets him. And yes we had to make the cap work for NYI so Beuvillier fits that bill. I'm not overly excited about him but we have time to see what he brings.

As if it matters, NYI fans are super pissed about this move, especially giving up a 1st rounder. So there is that.
All facts, Raty is the key piece here, should do well on the farm for the rest of the season, get stronger in the offseason & come to camp all prepped for the big show.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

What's the line of Raty? He seems like a good C prospect.

Edit:

Apparently the Canucks retained 25% of the deal. Thankfully that is only for the remainder of this season.
Last edited by theman on Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

theman wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:14 pm What's the line of Raty? He seems like a good C prospect.
Well there's this...

king89=1675123965 wrote: Some might not know but Räty was the early frontrunner for first overall in the 2021 draft but had a rough one and a half years and fell to the second round. Then he came back hard and had a great season last year. 40 points in 41 Liiga games and 10 points in WJC. He really turned his game around and finally looked like the player many thought he could be. He's big, has a good shot, solid playmaking, good two way skill and overall a smart player but needs to work on his skating.
Just some random post on HF, but I LIKE IT!
____
Try to focus on someday.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:17 pm
king89=1675123965 wrote: Some might not know but Räty was the early frontrunner for first overall in the 2021 draft but had a rough one and a half years and fell to the second round. Then he came back hard and had a great season last year. 40 points in 41 Liiga games and 10 points in WJC. He really turned his game around and finally looked like the player many thought he could be. He's big, has a good shot, solid playmaking, good two way skill and overall a smart player but needs to work on his skating.
Just some random post on HF, but I LIKE IT!
Hopefully he has really improved his skating.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

theman wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:18 pm Hopefully he has really improved his skating.
Someone else said his skating has improved but needs to continue improving...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A sea of Granlunds.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Whomever we get, that person will change in the “10 thousand redrafts of adjustments”
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

el rey del mambo
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

They have addressed none of the issues facing the current team and punted the cap issues a year down the road.

This won't push the Islanders into playoff contention though it would be sweet revenge for the speechless mouth and Robo Swede if they did pass the Penguins.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"I'm grateful that the New York Islanders really believed in me and [I'm] proud to be a New York Islander now, honestly, and I can't wait."

WHOA this guy don't know Lou too well... someone hand him a razor! :wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:26 pm

Whomever we get, that person will change in the “10 thousand redrafts of adjustments”
You could be 100% correct or O% correct. Won’t know until the time comes if adjustments are in order
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau