Bruce "there he goes" - Rick "here he comes"

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Bruce "there he goes" - Rick "here he comes"

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:17 pm
BladesofSteel wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:56 am If the rumours are true and there is a fracture b/w Bo and Miller, it must be addressed swiftly and surely. I don’t believe dealing Miller has ever been ruled out by mgmnt, there is a reason JT was not awarded a NMC for the duration of this season. Having said that, his play and cont’d drama have only hindered the possibility of dealing him in this current climate.
Has any player ever been given a retroactive NTC/NMC when they sign an extension? The ink is dry on old contract and it’s been signed by all parties and rubber stamped by the league. I don’t think it was even something that would have been negotiable.
No, it's legal and is done fairly often.

I believe this happened in the case of Brandon Sutter, for example.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Kenji wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:53 am
Arbour wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:52 am Without analyzing where the coaching fell short, I would suggest management greatly hindered any efforts by the coaching staff towards improvement, by virtue of their handling of contractual issues and player acquisitions, particularly when it was blatantly obvious to all but the most naive hockey fan that the Canuck's defensive core needed upgrading, and the most opportune time to do so was in the off season.
You’re suggesting that Boudreau was undermined intentionally by withholding the d rebuild ? I kind of admire that, if that’s what they were thinking. Take advantage of the lame duck season to stealth rebuild? Cruel to BB yes, but winning covers all sins. Perhaps they saw that the chance to get Kuzmenko would give the 2024 team more juice than shopping a tepid defenceman FA market. Trade to build the d from the leftovers.
And I think they know this.

Allvin repeatedly justified decisions, and downplayed the ire of the fans over this situation, by reminding everyone that there is a banner missing from Rogers arena and that that’s what fans want and what management is aiming for.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BladesofSteel wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:15 am I too believe Bo’s days are numbered. Unless Talkit believes he can harness Miller( a big ask n just 5 weeks), I would prefer them both shipped out.

Bo first, then Miller, Garland and Boeser in no particular order. Realistically, the number of assets returning and potential cap space opening up could be enough for a clean slate with realistic playoff aspirations next year.

Miller is the real wild card tho.
Curious why you would prefer both shipped out. I get the cap reasons for one or the other, and my perspective lets me easily see why one would want Miller gone over Horvat. But both?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:24 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:17 pm
BladesofSteel wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:56 am If the rumours are true and there is a fracture b/w Bo and Miller, it must be addressed swiftly and surely. I don’t believe dealing Miller has ever been ruled out by mgmnt, there is a reason JT was not awarded a NMC for the duration of this season. Having said that, his play and cont’d drama have only hindered the possibility of dealing him in this current climate.
Has any player ever been given a retroactive NTC/NMC when they sign an extension? The ink is dry on old contract and it’s been signed by all parties and rubber stamped by the league. I don’t think it was even something that would have been negotiable.
No, it's legal and is done fairly often.

I believe this happened in the case of Brandon Sutter, for example.
Ah. Ok then. If it was done before with a guy like Sutter, and the same team (albeit different management group) didn’t do the same with a superior player like Miller, thank maybe they did intentionally leave themselves an out.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:58 pm ... maybe they did intentionally leave themselves an out.
Yeah, I've been wondering about that.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I am not used to all of us getting along and discussing things in a non confrontational manner even if we have different opinions.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:05 pm I am not used to all of us getting along and discussing things in a non confrontational manner even if we have different opinions.
Get used to it. ;) It is the way of the future!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:13 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:05 pm I am not used to all of us getting along and discussing things in a non confrontational manner even if we have different opinions.
Well, at least until the off-season…..right? :look:
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Mëds wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:44 pm
BladesofSteel wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:15 am I too believe Bo’s days are numbered. Unless Talkit believes he can harness Miller( a big ask n just 5 weeks), I would prefer them both shipped out.

Bo first, then Miller, Garland and Boeser in no particular order. Realistically, the number of assets returning and potential cap space opening up could be enough for a clean slate with realistic playoff aspirations next year.

Miller is the real wild card tho.
Curious why you would prefer both shipped out. I get the cap reasons for one or the other, and my perspective lets me easily see why one would want Miller gone over Horvat. But both?
I’m simply going on the assumption Bo has made up his mind and/or JR won’t budge on his final offer. If Bo is indeed dealt, I would prefer to see Miller moved as well.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSQApGLbgNg

____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Sooooo, whaddya'll think about BLM?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:40 pm
Sooooo, whaddya'll think about BLM?
Blue Lagoon memories??
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

You spelled mamnaries wrong.

Ok, back to hockey.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Never liked Brooke Shields.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:29 pm Frank Seravalli correctly identifies Mr Aquilini as the source of problems on multiple fronts.

''Whether it's Benning or Rutherford/Allvin almost doesn't matter' :D

That was a difficult listen. Is that what Sports radio is like?

45 minutes of the semantics of the meaning of a a quick fix/not a quick fix.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.