Bruce "there he goes" - Rick "here he comes"

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Bruce "there he goes" - Rick "here he comes"

Post by Meds »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:42 pm Never liked Brooke Shields.
Yeah. She was a shitty hockey player.

(Didn’t you see what Corn just said 5th?)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:04 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:29 pm Frank Seravalli correctly identifies Mr Aquilini as the source of problems on multiple fronts.

''Whether it's Benning or Rutherford/Allvin almost doesn't matter' :D

That was a difficult listen. Is that what Sports radio is like?

45 minutes of the semantics of the meaning of a a quick fix/not a quick fix.
That’s what most long winded diatribes are. Two people saying the same thing different ways trying to sound more intelligent than the other guy.

Look no further than this here message board. How many times do some people reply to a post only to essentially say the same thing after 3 paragraphs.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Topper wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:04 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:29 pm Frank Seravalli correctly identifies Mr Aquilini as the source of problems on multiple fronts.

''Whether it's Benning or Rutherford/Allvin almost doesn't matter' :D

That was a difficult listen. Is that what Sports radio is like?

45 minutes of the semantics of the meaning of a a quick fix/not a quick fix.
I had deleted this after I saw it was hosted by two kids, but then decided to repost the video again after watching the interview because I appreciated that Seravalli acknowledged the impossibility of life in the Aquiverse. And I thought that others there might find solace in that as well.

But yes Topper, the kids are not alright. I couldn't watch that on a regular basis.
el rey del mambo
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:21 am

Tongue in cheek, Mëds.

Tongue in cheek.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Mëds wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:21 am

She may have sucked at hockey, but rumour was she was pretty good at tummy sticks back in the day.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I liked Coach B and would have luved to see him be our bench boss leading our team back into deep playoffs runs again, but it wasn't meant to be. A saying us Nuck fans seem to be saying more often than not. I did like the thought of Rocket Tocchet as our coach b4 we hired Boudreau last season, but I'm not really sure now. My personal choice for a new coach would have been Barry Trotz, but I'd agree that I'm not sure we have the type of players that he likes to roll with.

I think the Nucks should have just kept Coach B for the duration of the season and just let him walk when his contract is over. I mean, Coach B was doing a great job helping us tank down the standings. I'm really not sure what's the big rush to bring in Tocchet now, he's not exactly a coach that is in high demand and our season is pretty much over. Ownership must not be happy to have 3 coaches on the payroll, making more than BoHo. :lol:

It does seem like that our mgmt/ownership has a leak in their organization and this person seems to always disclose their intentions to the media. The Dhaliwals and Friedmens of this world always seem to always know what's going on behind the scenes on our club. It's great when it's leaks about trades or free agent signings for us hardcore fans, but always seem to turn into a shit show when it's about coach/mgmt changes. Who knows, maybe they were just doing light preliminary talks with Tocchet, but the media got a hold of it and things got out of hand, so they were forced to pull the trigger and make an immediate change.

My biggest fear now is just as Coach B said last season when he came in, when a new coach comes in, the team usually gets a jump in play and string together a few wins. Add to the fact that most of the tougher games are behind us and that we have much more favorable matchups/teams coming up. The last thing I want to see now is us getting false hope by winning some games and hurting our draft chance odds in the lottery. If JR, PA and RT have any brains, they should just tank it to the ground. #TankforBedard baby!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

While I agree with ya Todd, except it’s too late to tank it to the ground. Realistically, by the numbers, the best we could hope for is about 4th last…

That would increase our odds by about 2%.. I would rather watch entertaining sub 500 hockey from here on out and settle for the 93(ish) percent of us losing the lottery again, than sucking AND having a 90 (ish) percent chance of losing the lottery.

Either way, we lose the lottery.

One version sells hope, the other wallows in despair.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:19 pm That would increase our odds by about 2%.. I would rather watch entertaining sub 500 hockey from here on out and settle for the 93(ish) percent of us losing the lottery again, than sucking AND having a 90 (ish) percent chance of losing the lottery.
Exactly - we'll never win the lottery, so maintaining some level of dignity through this season while not moving too far up the standings will be a 'win'.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:49 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:19 pm That would increase our odds by about 2%.. I would rather watch entertaining sub 500 hockey from here on out and settle for the 93(ish) percent of us losing the lottery again, than sucking AND having a 90 (ish) percent chance of losing the lottery.
Exactly - we'll never win the lottery, so maintaining some level of dignity through this season while not moving too far up the standings will be a 'win'.
Yarp!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

And hopefully this time management means it when they say we have to see what we have in our system. I've heard that before but then never see us giving players a good shot at showing what they can do. I'd like to see Woo get a good 10 games. I'd like to see a few other guys get a few games. I'm ok keeping Podkolzin and Hoglander down for the year. We know what they can do and they are benefiting right now by playing in Abbotsford. But even our current roster I like the idea of evening ice time and giving our bottom of the roster more opportunity.

This should be a half season of experimenting and look sees. Hell give Klimovich a couple of games near the end.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is there still limited call ups post trade deadline?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:30 pm Is there still limited call ups post trade deadline?
Yup, four.

Unlimited number of emergency callups though.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Brind'amour, Greener and Rocket Tocchet on NHL Coaching

Tocchet sounds pretty close to Greener, not sure that's a good or bad thing.

7 things to know about Canucks new head coach Rick Tocchet

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/7-thing ... ck-tocchet

1. Questionable internet history
2. Charged with promoting gambling while he was an NHL coach
3. Former Canucks coach Mike Keenan was his favourite coach
4. “Motivated” his team with chin-ups
5. Butted heads with Evgeni Malkin
6. Cited Howe as his idol
7. Has three Stanley Cup rings

Rocket Tocchet's Playing/Fighting Highlights
Wow, he could fight and score. Too bad he never played here, he would have easily been a fan fave (basically like Steamer, but bigger and more talented). :P

(Quality not the best)
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:26 pm And hopefully this time management means it when they say we have to see what we have in our system. I've heard that before but then never see us giving players a good shot at showing what they can do. I'd like to see Woo get a good 10 games. I'd like to see a few other guys get a few games. I'm ok keeping Podkolzin and Hoglander down for the year. We know what they can do and they are benefiting right now by playing in Abbotsford. But even our current roster I like the idea of evening ice time and giving our bottom of the roster more opportunity.

This should be a half season of experimenting and look sees. Hell give Klimovich a couple of games near the end.
To play some young kids, need to trade a couple veterans to make a couple spots.

Trade Myers and Miller? :D
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

:lol: