Out of Town Scores - 2022-23

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Out of Town Scores - 2022-23

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Well they played out the last part of last year well.

7-3 after 10
14-6 after 20
21-9 after 30
28-12 after 40

We are ‘trending’ 16 over .500 the next 40 games. As you suggest
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:10 am 7-3 over last 10 games

Trending

Best record of all the teams vying for the Western Conference WC positions

48 games in the season, not even the half way point of the season
To put "trending" in context, the Krackheads had a record of 12 - 1 at one point. They are now on a downward trend. I don't expect them to be a playoff team, although they look like they have a bright future. It depends on what happens at the trade deadline, If Edmonton somehow manages to get a stud D man, they might make things interesting, Same goes for Calgary if they manage to get a proven goal scorer. I think in both of those cases, the players they bring in won't make enough difference to compete with true contending teams (unless the Oilers bring in someone like Chychrun or the Flame bring in someone like Patrick Cane - both of those senerios are pipe dreams). LA is much in the same boat - I think they need to add at the trade deadline. As for the Canucks, you guys would know better than me as to what they need.

So at this point, to predict who will make it and who won't, is pointless. What it boils down to is, rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Did you expect the Kraken to continue that way as did you expect the Canucks early season woes to continue? In fact the Kraken and Canucks current play is meeting all the pre-season expectations put forward by the pundits.

#trending
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BCExpat wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:33 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:10 am 7-3 over last 10 games

Trending

Best record of all the teams vying for the Western Conference WC positions

48 games in the season, not even the half way point of the season
To put "trending" in context, the Krackheads had a record of 12 - 1 at one point. They are now on a downward trend. I don't expect them to be a playoff team, although they look like they have a bright future. It depends on what happens at the trade deadline, If Edmonton somehow manages to get a stud D man, they might make things interesting, Same goes for Calgary if they manage to get a proven goal scorer. I think in both of those cases, the players they bring in won't make enough difference to compete with true contending teams (unless the Oilers bring in someone like Chychrun or the Flame bring in someone like Patrick Cane - both of those senerios are pipe dreams). LA is much in the same boat - I think they need to add at the trade deadline. As for the Canucks, you guys would know better than me as to what they need.

So at this point, to predict who will make it and who won't, is pointless. What it boils down to is, rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
Sigh…. You’d get better results reciting the Gettysburg Address to hard core Al Quaida members then trying to talk sense to the Dude. He’s a husky, sweaty, grubby mess attempting to break this shit down while he’s inhaling a Big Mac purchased in Abbotsford. :look:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:52 am Did you expect the Kraken to continue that way as did you expect the Canucks early season woes to continue? In fact the Kraken and Canucks current play is meeting all the pre-season expectations put forward by the pundits.

#trending
Bottom line - the trends don't matter. None of the 5 teams vying for a playoff spot are contenders. For the record, I didn't expect the Canucks to start off so poorly nor did I expect the Krackheads to have such a good start. No matter what else happens, I just want the Oilers to waste another year of Conner's contract without a cup. :thumbs: :mex:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:29 am Well they played out the last part of last year well.

7-3 after 10
14-6 after 20
21-9 after 30
28-12 after 40

:lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:24 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:29 am Well they played out the last part of last year well.

7-3 after 10
14-6 after 20
21-9 after 30
28-12 after 40

1 loss. 47 games to go. Still trending
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:28 pm

7-3 after 10
14-6 after 20
21-9 after 30
28-12 after 40

So 30-14-3 is attainable for this crew?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:37 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:28 pm

7-3 after 10
14-6 after 20
21-9 after 30
28-12 after 40

So 30-14-3 is attainable for this crew?
Anything in life is attainable.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It will be tough making the playoffs but we will be in the fight for it, might just miss out.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:14 pm It will be tough making the playoffs but we will be in the fight for it, might just miss out.
:lol: good one. Have a look at the schedule this month. If I had to guess the record will be 19-26-4 by months end.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:34 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:14 pm It will be tough making the playoffs but we will be in the fight for it, might just miss out.
:lol: good one. Have a look at the schedule this month. If I had to guess the record will be 19-25-3 by months end.
Are you prepared to be disappointed? There’s more fight in this team than you realize. They are going down to the wire.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The Canucks won't have the goaltending to come out of January with a winning record. If they can hang around .500 it will be considered a win.

Unfortunately that won't get them anywhere. Better off planning for next year now and try and get a jump on march 3
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

@NorthVandrywaller Lol lots of fight. What a gang of tigers. :lol:

Funny how everyone attaches me to this new management group, I’m no fan of them. Really, all I wanted was Lennie Small and the gang gone. Ujaal Dosanjh and Joy Mcphail would have been an improvement over those mouth breathers. I was a proponent of Jeff Gorton or JD coming in here to run the thing at the top. Rutherford is as old as Doc and Topper. What a sad shitty decade to be a fan of this team. More a fan of the game and sports in general these days. Go Canada and go Bedard!

It’s hilarious trolling back and forth but I’m getting pretty apathetic towards the team and mostly the brand.