Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:56 am SKYO what about this trade:

Hoglander, Rathbone, Pearson, Dickinson, Myers, Horvat for Chychrun and Guenther?
There goes the depth.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hague heading home to Ontario.
Elliotte Friedman on the 32 Thoughts Podcast on if he has a crystal ball Vegas Golden Knights RFA defenseman Nicolas Hague.

“No, I really don’t. In fact, I’ve heard Hague is leaving Vegas and going home. That was the plan I heard on Sunday. So home for him is in Ontario. I heard he was going back, so it doesn’t sound like it’s close.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:44 am Hague heading home to Ontario.
Elliotte Friedman on the 32 Thoughts Podcast on if he has a crystal ball Vegas Golden Knights RFA defenseman Nicolas Hague.

“No, I really don’t. In fact, I’ve heard Hague is leaving Vegas and going home. That was the plan I heard on Sunday. So home for him is in Ontario. I heard he was going back, so it doesn’t sound like it’s close.

Isnt Haugue also currently injured, or nursing some kind of niggling injury?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:26 am
SKYO wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:44 am Hague heading home to Ontario.

Isnt Haugue also currently injured, or nursing some kind of niggling injury?
Haven't heard about that, but he's going to be skating with the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL to stay in shape.
https://lvchronicle.com/golden-knights/ ... -ohl-club/

The last 3 RFA's:

Jason Robertson
Nicolas Hague
Alex Formenton OTT

Stars have no cap space for a max deal, they'll probably 3 year bridge Robertson, ala Petey, Barzal styles.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What kind of money is The Hague looking for?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:55 am What kind of money is The Hague looking for?
No word on that in the rumour mills.

--

NHL Trade Block Big Board for October 2022
On Sept. 24, The Athletic's Michael Russo reported that Matt Dumba faces another season of being on the trade block. He has regularly surfaced in trade speculation in recent years. In October 2020, we had him on our list of eight stars who could be moved.

A strong-skating, physical, puck-moving blueliner, Dumba has stayed put. But this season could be different. Russo cited his eligibility for unrestricted free agency next year, the Wild's limited salary-cap space for 2023-24 and their growing pool of blue-line prospects as reasons that could make the 28-year-old expendable by the March 3 trade deadline.

Russo also suggested the Wild could shop Dumba if they're out of playoff contention. For his part, Dumba said he's unconcerned.

Wild general manager Bill Guerin could also retain Dumba as an "own rental" if the Wild are in position for a deep playoff run. It's unlikely he'll be moved in October, but his situation will be worth monitoring as the season progresses.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10050790
Dumba like Chychrun have had a lot of injuries though.

However how about Garland for Dumba.
Kenji
MVP
MVP

Post by Kenji »

Dumba is ufa in a year. Also makes $6M, adding $1M to
cap. I guess is doable
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

I would do it, but more cap over the next two seasons needs to go back to Minnesota. How do the Canucks re-sign all of Horvat, Kuzmenko, and Dumba?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:15 am I would do it, but more cap over the next two seasons needs to go back to Minnesota. How do the Canucks re-sign all of Horvat, Kuzmenko, and Dumba?
Ain’t the Wild in a Cap mess? Not sure they can take money back
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:28 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:15 am I would do it, but more cap over the next two seasons needs to go back to Minnesota. How do the Canucks re-sign all of Horvat, Kuzmenko, and Dumba?
They could handle a cap neutral deal or even take on a bit. I think it'll be tighter for them next year, having to re-sign Dumba and Boldy while filling out their lineup.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:28 am
Yeah probably have to be a 3-way deal, some team who needs a top 6 winger and can afford Garland's cap hit & send a pick and prospect to the Wild, and the Canucks get Dumba, he'll likely take a bit of a pay cut if it had some term for his next contract.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Elliotte suggesting Flyers Travis Sanheim could traded.
SPORTSNET: In a recent episode of their “32 Thoughts” podcast, Jeff Marek and Elliotte Friedman discussed the possibility of Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Travis Sanheim becoming available in the trade market.

Marek observed that Sanheim is in the final year of his contract. He suggested the 26-year-old rearguard might look good alongside Quinn Hughes on the Vancouver Canucks blueline. Friedman speculated there will be plenty of rumors regarding the Flyers if they get off to a rough start to this season. He believes Sanheim would draw plenty of interest.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Sanheim carries a $4.675 million cap hit for this season but will earn $5.3 million in actual salary. He lacks no-trade protection and is slated to become an unrestricted free agent next summer.

The Canucks are above the cap for this season by $2.75 million. However, they will become cap compliant once they place permanently sidelined winger Micheal Ferland and his $3.5 million cap hit on long-term injury reserve.

That won’t leave enough space to acquire Sanheim. The Canucks would have to ship out some additional salary in the deal, make a separate cost-cutting deal, or ask the Flyers to retain up to half of his cap hit.

https://www.spectorshockey.net/2022/10/ ... er-2-2022/
Sanheim is not an aggressive defender, he's more a quality two-way dman, great at chance suppression, but his goalie hasn't been able to make saves and he was with P. Myers, who wasn't that great, I think if he was playing Hughes, Sanheim wouldn't have to play so prolific offensively, just be the high IQ dman and let Hughes do his thing, while Sanheim probably picks up more secondary assists in this process. And in this sense is a perfect dman the Canucks need, helping Demko out with quality defensive measures and can help get the puck out of the zone with smart plays.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Has Sanheim played any right side?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:57 pm Has Sanheim played any right side?
Sanheim is a natural left side dman, but he'd make the team have a well-rounded top 4 finally, notably as Hughes is looking good on RHD.

OEL-Hughes
Sanheim-Myers

Sanheim-Hughes
OEL-Myers

Coupla options there.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Would rather send a first and Rathbone for Chychrun
If you need air...call it in