Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by 5thhorseman »

So much serious talk about Barzal that I had to remind myself this is the pipe dreams thread.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Is Barzal a natural centre?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:08 pm

According to the intermission panel, the raisin wont attach assets to offload him so we are clear there.

As far as an in-betweener taking his ice time...fuck yeah I do that. Burroughs isnt anything special but he's a fuckload better than keeping the giraffe at 20/night. Is the giraffe missing functional elbow joints or what? How come he can't dig pucks out of his own hooves???
is this what I sounded like when i used to talk about Edler?

I don't think I was this bad,
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:37 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:08 pm

According to the intermission panel, the raisin wont attach assets to offload him so we are clear there.

As far as an in-betweener taking his ice time...fuck yeah I do that. Burroughs isnt anything special but he's a fuckload better than keeping the giraffe at 20/night. Is the giraffe missing functional elbow joints or what? How come he can't dig pucks out of his own hooves???
is this what I sounded like when i used to talk about Edler?

I don't think I was this bad,
2Fingers wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:53 am
micky107 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:23 am If Edler accepted an extension of 3 years at 3.5 ?
It's my belief he will do that.

If he says he wants 4 or 5 years at 6, I'd say alex who?
Just shoot me if he stays.
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Barzal $9.2 million - 2 goals in 21 games, 8 goal pace for the season. Hell, even Craig Janney reached double digits in goals…barely.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jesus, today I hit the shitter all day. My body can’t take these craft beers at all. I smell like propane. New brewery in Picktonville (for me anyways), I’ve been farting all day. Is this what your 50’s are like? 52 going on 90.

Christ, I won’t make it to Doc’s and Topper’s age.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:

It's not even summer blob. Summer is beers, winter is grass.

You should know this by now
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Funny, a friend who's around our age (52) had given up drinking a few years ago. He introduced me to Stanley Park IPA de-alcoholized beer.

Now, normally I would just say, fuck no. De-alcoholized beer? Just don't drink. Butt, to be fairrrr.... the choice of non-alcoholic beers has improved quite a lot. This was actually pleasant. Still tastes like watery beer, but enough hoppy flavor to make it enjoyable. Was nice to chug an ice-cold 4-pack on the hot day without feeling like a 90-year old man afterwards.

I know Cuz will say it's ghey, but we all know Cuz is in the closet eating cold, dead mummy ass.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:20 pm Jesus, today I hit the shitter all day. My body can’t take these craft beers at all. I smell like propane. New brewery in Picktonville (for me anyways), I’ve been farting all day. Is this what your 50’s are like? 52 going on 90.
"Both mind and bum,
Corrupt become,
When one doth overdrinketh."
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:51 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:47 pm Outlandish trade proposal...

<blah-blah>

Stillman added is just to get that clown the fuck outta here
ANYTHING to get him off the ice!!

Need to be Billy Beane his ass out of town so Brucie stops playing him.
Or Tonya Harding his thigh, or Sami Salo his <everything>.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:20 pm Jesus, today I hit the shitter all day. My body can’t take these craft beers at all. I smell like propane. New brewery in Picktonville (for me anyways), I’ve been farting all day. Is this what your 50’s are like? 52 going on 90.

Christ, I won’t make it to Doc’s and Topper’s age.
You know you could be confusing your beer’ing with a regular old diarrhea style stomach flu
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:50 am
Mëds wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:29 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:35 pm We trade Miller for Barzal we lose a lot of goal scoring. A lot. Barzal is an ASSists Man
While definitely true, I think that you move Miller if anything remotely like this comes your way. I just have a feeling we are going to be hating his contract by the time we are nearing the end of it's second season.
Do you believe Tri- Cities Barzal’s $9.2 million and his no goals is more palatable?
Yes. I think that Barzal contributed decent offensive numbers in a Trotz system and that he's pacing at more than 1.0 ppg this year now that Trotz is not there. I think that because he's four years younger than Miller which means the contract should age better, and the limited sample size of viewing that I've had of MB is that he doesn't mail it in the way JT does in a pout.

I think it's also worth investing in players that are "homegrown". Kids who grew up cheering for the Canucks. Those players will bring more hometown pride to the jersey and, in theory, will be better for the overall culture.....and this organization needs that.

So would I take 7 years of Barzal at $9.2M until he's 34, or 6 years of JT Miller at $8M until he's 36? Barzal. Every time.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:07 am Chef: do you believe Barzal is merely an 8 goal scorer or just a slumping star who might be available given his early struggles?

I am pretty confident if we were able to squire him away from weird Lou we would have a top level 70-80 point center who can fly
Despite sitting at only 2 goals on the year, Barzal is pacing for 85 points this year already. I'd be fine with a Pettersson - Barzal - Horvat trio down the middle. Pettersson could transition to wing as needed, and that's where he sets up on the PP anyhow. It would just be a question of surrounding them with the right wingers.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:13 am Is Barzal a natural centre?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:06 pm I think it's also worth investing in players that are "homegrown". Kids who grew up cheering for the Canucks. Those players will bring more hometown pride to the jersey and, in theory, will be better for the overall culture.....and this organization needs that.
Like Jake?

:mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.