Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:09 am Schenn has resurrected his career. Probably best to move him. I can’t see any reason he’d want to return to this tire fire next season.
I can't see a return that he would get that would be bigger than what he provides this team right now.
Enhanced scurry is my superpower.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:58 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:09 am Schenn has resurrected his career. Probably best to move him. I can’t see any reason he’d want to return to this tire fire next season.
I can't see a return that he would get that would be bigger than what he provides this team right now.
I'm sure SKYO can dream up a combined asset deal that works....
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I guess I am wondering if anyone think that Schenn has a higher value than he is actually worth, because he basically has no cap implications.

If teams are willing to pay a premium to get rid of bad cap, is there the same premium for players with no cap?
(with his contract, EVERY team can fit him in right now)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

At the TDD Schenn could land us a 2nd. He is a RHD and plays a tough game.
The only HW the Canucks need
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:17 am I guess I am wondering if anyone think that Schenn has a higher value than he is actually worth, because he basically has no cap implications.

If teams are willing to pay a premium to get rid of bad cap, is there the same premium for players with no cap?
(with his contract, EVERY team can fit him in right now)
100% he does.

Whether our FO donkeys would actually realize this and negotiate within the parameters of an asset return above actual dollar value (or presumed merit base) cost is another question entirely.

Unfortunately..
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:31 am At the TDD Schenn could land us a 2nd. He is a RHD and plays a tough game.
..or he could be used as a value asset to enhance a theoretically depreciating resource - like Boeser for instance.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:31 am At the TDD Schenn could land us a 2nd. He is a RHD and plays a tough game.
Has to be a 2023 2nd.
Time to sell!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The time to move Schenn will the TDL, and only if he wants to go to a contender for the last few months of his contract, otherwise let him stay and continue to cement himself here.....or somehow let it be known to him that you'll bring him back in the summer again. He brings something that this team sorely lacks from anyone else right now.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sign him to extension? He makes 850K. One would think he could double that x two years. I’d take him back. Give him the C for two years after they trade Bo. He has a set of balls. That’s something the team lacks. He either gets extended or he gets dealt. Letting his contract run out and him walking isn’t very smart.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Schenn should be resigned. He will come in at an affordable price point and wheels his balls around in a wheelbarrow.

It sounds like the raisin is keen to offload the giraffe so that's a positive
If you need air...call it in
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:13 pm
Sign him to extension? He makes 850K. One would think he could double that x two years. I’d take him back. Give him the C for two years after they trade Bo. He has a set of balls. That’s something the team lacks. He either gets extended or he gets dealt. Letting his contract run out and him walking isn’t very smart.
Got to agree Blob. If the intention isn't to re sign him, move him, but ideally keep him, he's the perfect partner for Hughes, and has been our best dman this year.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

What if Schenn figures out he's better than guys making $7.5 long term?

I mean, what must he be thinking?
el rey del mambo
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:31 pm It sounds like the raisin is keen to offload the giraffe so that's a positive
If offloading him involves attaching a significant pick, then keep him.
I've come to the conclusion that the reason he sucks so bad around his own net is that his arms are just too freakin long and when the puck gets near his feat he simply doesn't have the body mechanics to control it. That and he either misses the net when shooting or hits the goalie square in the crest. So i'm definitely no fan. But who do you replace him with? Another tweener? No thanks.
They tried to upgrade the right side all summer and we know how that went. Unless they're getting a sweet deal (not likely), keep him and plan for his departure either next tdd or after his contract expires the year after. Trade other assets for some RHD prospects or picks this season, and hope to have them ready for the Giraffes departure.
Bruce aint the problem
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Barring the Meg scenario above… I’d resign and give him a raise. Best value in our entire lineup for the money.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

dangler wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:08 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:31 pm It sounds like the raisin is keen to offload the giraffe so that's a positive
If offloading him involves attaching a significant pick, then keep him.
I've come to the conclusion that the reason he sucks so bad around his own net is that his arms are just too freakin long and when the puck gets near his feat he simply doesn't have the body mechanics to control it. That and he either misses the net when shooting or hits the goalie square in the crest. So i'm definitely no fan. But who do you replace him with? Another tweener? No thanks.
They tried to upgrade the right side all summer and we know how that went. Unless they're getting a sweet deal (not likely), keep him and plan for his departure either next tdd or after his contract expires the year after. Trade other assets for some RHD prospects or picks this season, and hope to have them ready for the Giraffes departure.
According to the intermission panel, the raisin wont attach assets to offload him so we are clear there.

As far as an in-betweener taking his ice time...fuck yeah I do that. Burroughs isnt anything special but he's a fuckload better than keeping the giraffe at 20/night. Is the giraffe missing functional elbow joints or what? How come he can't dig pucks out of his own hooves???
If you need air...call it in