Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:58 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:43 pm
dangler wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:53 pm If the Devils are interested in Quinn Hughes
Hughes & Miller for Nemec & a 1st or ?
The Devils boast the best record in the NHL right now, that 2023 1st is like a 2nd round pick, not even top 30. That’s a horrific return for both Hughes and Miller.
Yet another character that lacks the capacity to understand cap space or lack there of.
Yes 👍🏿
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:27 pm
dangler wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:53 pm If the Devils are interested in Quinn Hughes
The Devils boast the best record in the NHL right now, that 2023 1st is like a 2nd round pick, not even top 30. That’s a horrific return for both Hughes and Miller.
Yet another character that lacks the capacity to understand cap space or lack there of.
Yes 👍🏿
How in the hell is trading Miller and Hughes for an unknown (18 year old not played in the NHL yet) in Nemec and the 32nd overall pick in 2023 good for us? :lol: It’s terrible for us. Blob you can’t be serious about this?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:15 pm just read a rumour of Brock for Dumba.

How much does it cost to re sign Dumba?

then there is Bo and Ko.......
Discussion around that a ways back was under $6M for Dumba.

I think the idea was a trade involving two assets that need a change of scenery in hopes it revitalizes their careers.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Report: Brock Boeser has not requested a trade from the Vancouver Canucks

https://canucksarmy.com/news/report-bro ... er-canucks
…this isn’t a situation where there’s ill feeling. Rather, the team and Boeser’s camp have, over the course of discussions about Boeser’s role and his Canucks future — conversations which date back to the club’s negotiations on Boeser’s current three-year deal this past offseason — mutually agreed to see if there’s a fit for the player elsewhere.

This is why Hankinson has become involved in trade talks, to help spread the word and see if there’s a fit somewhere. Boeser’s representative has been in regular communication with Allvin of late, trying to figure out where the team is going and where his client fits in, in an effort to help both sides.
- Thomas Drance & Rick Dahliwal

I'm on the record that I'd like to keep Brock and would rather move out other guys like Garly and/or Pearse. Brock was our best sniper just 2 years ago (Covid Cdn Division) and he still got 23G last year (good for 4th on team). Not sure he can produce much on the 3rd line though, he needs a chance to play with either Petey, Boho or Millzy to get his goal totals up. I know the Kuzmenkshow has his spot on PP#1 right now, so that will hurt Brock's numbers.

Who knows, guess time will tell.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:44 pm Report: Brock Boeser has not requested a trade from the Vancouver Canucks

…this isn’t a situation where there’s ill feeling. Rather, the team and Boeser’s camp have, over the course of discussions about Boeser’s role and his Canucks future — conversations which date back to the club’s negotiations on Boeser’s current three-year deal this past offseason — mutually agreed to see if there’s a fit for the player elsewhere.

This is why Hankinson has become involved in trade talks, to help spread the word and see if there’s a fit somewhere. Boeser’s representative has been in regular communication with Allvin of late, trying to figure out where the team is going and where his client fits in, in an effort to help both sides.

I'm on the record that I'd like to keep Brock and would rather move out other guys like Garly and/or Pearse. Brock was our best sniper just 2 years ago (Covid Cdn Division) and he still got 23G last year (good for 4th on team). Not sure he can produce much on the 3rd line though, he needs a chance to play with either Petey, Boho or Millzy to get his goal totals up. I know the Kuzmenkshow has his spot on PP#1 right now, so that will hurt Brock's numbers.

I agree Snoozi. Brock is a core character player and a heart and soul leader of this wolf pack that is BenningBuilt. Petey loves Boeser. I as well would be trying mightily to move out Garland, Pearson and Myers.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:29 pm

I think the idea was a trade involving two assets that need a change of scenery in hopes it revitalizes their careers.
Dumba and his $6 cahonies would be Gudbranson/Myers 2.0 be careful what you wish for
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:35 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:44 pm Report: Brock Boeser has not requested a trade from the Vancouver Canucks

I agree Snoozi. Brock is a core character player and a heart and soul leader of this wolf pack that is BenningBuilt. Petey loves Boeser. I as well would be trying mightily to move out Garland, Pearson and Myers.
Get the band back together!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Boeser moves like 39 year old Mats Sundin did during that pathetic comeback crap. Probably about the same calibre player
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:08 am Boeser moves like 39 year old Mats Sundin did during that pathetic comeback crap. Probably about the same calibre player
One knee Sundin. He was a buddy of Gillis.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He really held the team back. That one year of Sundin really ruined the team.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:36 am
Mëds wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:29 pm

Dumba and his $6 cahonies would be Gudbranson/Myers 2.0 be careful what you wish for
I've never wished for Dumba.....always thought he's overrated.

At 6'0" and 185lbs, he's on the light side. Sure he's mobile and tenacious, but he's not pumping out 60 points a season, I don't see they hype surrounding him.

Dumba @ $4M paired with OEL on the second pairing? Sure. I definitely don't want him here eating the same cap as Myers.
Kenji
MVP
MVP

Post by Kenji »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:44 am
Yes 👍🏿
How in the hell is trading Miller and Hughes for an unknown (18 year old not played in the NHL yet) in Nemec and the 32nd overall pick in 2023 good for us? :lol: It’s terrible for us. Blob you can’t be serious about this?
Not to ventriloquise Blob but I could rationalize this.
Devils have the space to take on this huge amount of cap, almost no other team could or would. Devils would no doubt enjoy the marketing and hockey possibilities of having the Hughes family together. Miller is a ppg heavy game winger.

Nemec looks like a stud RD. The first is a low first but it is still a coveted pick in a deep draft. The dream is Berard right? Alright so we need to land on that pick or have the assets to swap for it. Having another first to go with our first (which could be top 5), plus pieces from what we get for Horvat, Boeser etc….maybe it’s doable
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Kenji wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:08 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:44 am
Yes 👍🏿
Not to ventriloquise Blob but I could rationalize this.
Devils have the space to take on this huge amount of cap, almost no other team could or would. Devils would no doubt enjoy the marketing and hockey possibilities of having the Hughes family together. Miller is a ppg heavy game winger.

Nemec looks like a stud RD. The first is a low first but it is still a coveted pick in a deep draft. The dream is Berard right? Alright so we need to land on that pick or have the assets to swap for it. Having another first to go with our first (which could be top 5), plus pieces from what we get for Horvat, Boeser etc….maybe it’s doable
Yeah. I say do it if Nemec looks even close to being that. Send JT that way and let him sewer the Devils' locker room and watch our pick end up in the top 18. :D
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Is the NHL going to let the Devils go 15 million over the cap?

Cool beans.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:30 am Is the NHL going to let the Devils go 15 million over the cap?

Cool beans.
LMAO! I just took kenji's word for it when he said the Devils have the cap space for it.

They do.....just not until next year when they have 9 contracts come off the books.

However, adding $15M in cap in a pair of players won't really be a doable thing for them.

Hamilton is locked up at $9M for 6 more years after this season. Marino is $4.4M for 4 more.

Then you have Hughes the Younger and Hischier eating up $15M and change. Palat at $6M for 4 more years.

I can't see them wanting JT Miller's $8M AND Quinn's $7.85 M.