Canucks News n Notes 22-23

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 22-23

Post by Tciso »

It all depends on Bruce's (lack of) system for defense. The turn around on D from the Green Era shows that we do have some talent, and in the right system, they are passable.

If Bruce's improves the breakout pass, our D will earn a solid C+. If we do 60 second fire drills, it'll be a long season
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Gotta love the media! Let's hope Gaffar is better connected.
Jason Brough 🙁
@SadClubCommish
Ugh @frank_seravalli
telling us that there's concern Mikheyev has a torn ACL.
7:52 AM · Sep 29, 2022
Irfaan Gaffar
@irfgaffar
Told Ilya Mikheyev’s injury is not considered long-term. No issues in the gym and is walking fine. The expectation is for him to hit the ice in the next day or so and resume skating.
8:15 AM · Sep 29, 2022
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:04 am Gotta love the media! Let's hope Gaffar is better connected.
Jason Brough 🙁
@SadClubCommish
Ugh @frank_seravalli
telling us that there's concern Mikheyev has a torn ACL.
7:52 AM · Sep 29, 2022
Irfaan Gaffar
@irfgaffar
Told Ilya Mikheyev’s injury is not considered long-term. No issues in the gym and is walking fine. The expectation is for him to hit the ice in the next day or so and resume skating.
8:15 AM · Sep 29, 2022
23 minutes! That's a fast recovery.
I'll take the "walking fine" report over the "torn ACL" report. Assclowns, all of them.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
·
17m
Wanted to clarify something from
@Sportsnet650
this morn. I said there was concern from #Canucks initially that Ilya Mikheyev may have suffered torn ACL & they were awaiting update.

Sounds like the prognosis was positive and worst was avoided. Expected to resume skating soon.

Talk about admitting he was wrong and trying to save face. I throw poop. Poop doesn't stick but it stinks. I now clean poop to make it look like everyone misunderstood me.
The only HW the Canucks need
Kenji
MVP
MVP

Post by Kenji »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:01 am Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
·
17m
Wanted to clarify something from
@Sportsnet650
this morn. I said there was concern from #Canucks initially that Ilya Mikheyev may have suffered torn ACL & they were awaiting update.

Sounds like the prognosis was positive and worst was avoided. Expected to resume skating soon.

Talk about admitting he was wrong and trying to save face. I throw poop. Poop doesn't stick but it stinks. I now clean poop to make it look like everyone misunderstood me.
As a hypochondriac, I am sympathetic to the alarm. Many times I have thought “omg my chest hurts, this is it” and then I remember going to the gym yesterday
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think he was purposefully being alarmist trying to get clicks or hits or whatever its called. He didn't expect the "good" news would rereleased so soon. It was an attempt to sound like he was in the know and get readers, listeners or whatever. Shoddy work.
The only HW the Canucks need
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Eastern Ball Licking Media.
EBL.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tciso wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:46 am It all depends on Bruce's (lack of) system for defense. The turn around on D from the Green Era shows that we do have some talent, and in the right system, they are passable.

If Bruce's improves the breakout pass, our D will earn a solid C+. If we do 60 second fire drills, it'll be a long season
Craig Button talks about Virtanen and not liking his play.

Notably talks about the Canucks team defense, saying it's not their strength, obviously, so Bruce unlike Green who tried to cover that weakness by trying to play a more structured defense, Bruce says fuck that, lets go all out on offense instead, lets win 7-4, high flying style.

https://youtu.be/Y6p41DFzEo4?t=169
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Yeah, we know that if you're not a good boxer, being on the ropes and absorbing shots isn't the best corner advice. Might as well be aggressive, swing away and go for the kill shot.

Be the pummel-er instead of the pummel-ee
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:04 am 23 minutes! That's a fast recovery.
Soupercan has 100x mutant healing factor, don't ya know?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rachel Doerrie has moved on from the Canucks, no one knows how or why this happened.

She has deleted most of tweets on twitter.

She was just promoted earlier this month to the coaching staff, helping them with analytics and becoming an assistant video coach.

Her social media presence on the Canucks hasn't been positive though, so who knows...
Canucks spokesperson has confirmed that Rachel Doerrie is "no longer with the company."
One of the Vancouver Canucks symbols of diversity, Rachel Doerrie, hired by President of Hockey Operations Jim Rutherford early in 2022, has moved on from the hockey club.

The reason for her apparent dismissal are not clear. It’s believed the decision was made at the highest levels of the organization.
*she also kept taking jabs at the NJD when she moved on from them.
https://www.reddit.com/r/devils/comment ... ke_hughes/

year and a half with NJD, 9 months with the Canucks...pretty short tenures with the pro clubs.
Last edited by SKYO on Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

SKYO wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:55 am Rachel Doerrie has moved on from the Canucks, no one knows how or why this happened.

She has deleted most of tweets on twitter.

She was just promoted earlier this month to the coaching staff, helping them with analytics and becoming an assistant video coach.

Her social media presence on the Canucks hasn't been positive though, so who knows...
Canucks spokesperson has confirmed that Rachel Doerrie is "no longer with the company."
One of the Vancouver Canucks symbols of diversity, Rachel Doerrie, hired by President of Hockey Operations Jim Rutherford early in 2022, has moved on from the hockey club.

The reason for her apparent dismissal are not clear. It’s believed the decision was made at the highest levels of the organization.
Aquaman bought a panini press?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

SKYO wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:55 am
*she also kept taking jabs at the NJD when she moved on from them.
https://www.reddit.com/r/devils/comment ... ke_hughes/

year and a half with NJD, 9 months with the Canucks...pretty short tenures with the pro clubs.
Just listening to those sound clips - she sounds young, and immature. At 25 years old, perhaps has a bit of learning ahead of her as to how to work in a corporate setting.
Kenji
MVP
MVP

Post by Kenji »

I was under the impression she was busted for “liking” a critical tweet
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

So they hired an outspoken, know it all, 25-year-old who frequents social media. What could go wrong? lol. And she slammed Luke Hughes as having character issues, then lands a gig with the Canucks whose best, star player is his brother. Whoever did the screening and made the hire should be hauled on the carpet for that one. Extremely poor judgement.