Canucks News n Notes 22-23

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News n Notes 22-23

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:11 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:40 am
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:30 am
Cornuck wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:28 am It will be interesting to see how they define "major surgery".
I see Tocchet moved Miller back to centre today in practice.

Yet another indication Bo gets dealt in my opinion.

Of course Boeser getting dealt is a given...
Also, Miller talking a lot about being a better leader makes me wonder if maybe he knows something about a Horvat trade.

(hoping to be the next captain?)

Could be my imagination running away with me, but he talked A LOT about it...
Well both Rutherford and Allvin talked about him being the leader in the room when they were negotiating his deal. Obviously they saw him as the leader.
This season has shown them to be blind as fuck. Miller is a fucking cancer who needs to go. His head is so far stuck up his own ass, he figures his shit smells like Chanel.

…and we’re stuck with this piece of shit until he retires. Can’t someone give him a serious reason to go on LTIR???
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Lancer wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:16 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:11 pm
Cornuck wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:28 am It will be interesting to see how they define "major surgery".

Also, Miller talking a lot about being a better leader makes me wonder if maybe he knows something about a Horvat trade.

Well both Rutherford and Allvin talked about him being the leader in the room when they were negotiating his deal. Obviously they saw him as the leader.
This season has shown them to be blind as fuck. Miller is a fucking cancer who needs to go. His head is so far stuck up his own ass, he figures his shit smells like Chanel.

…and we’re stuck with this piece of shit until he retires. Can’t someone give him a serious reason to go on LTIR???
Of the forwards in spots 5-8 in Tampa, the Bolts were willing to give us Miller. They kept Killorn, Palat, Gourde, and even Tyler Johnson. JT Miller had 4 seasons left on his contract (the current one) at that time. The other guys were hitting free agency sooner. That's telling.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Has the shriveled brain trust changed the shot counter?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Lancer wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:16 pm

Lanc - tell us what you really think 8-)

I think he can still be moved if the Nucks hold on to $1.0M, GMs out there will look at his past and say he is a PPG, team leader, yada yada yada and sell this to their fan base.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

OEL and Garland was a bad decision

Miller extension was a bad decision on top of the bad decision on OEL and Garland compounding hurt and setback Tri-fold. Can anyone confirm the math - how much has the problem compounded under the new management?

What we needed from the new crew was moves that were all opposite of compounding. Do you see what I’m throwing down?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:26 am OEL and Garland was a bad decision

Miller extension was a bad decision on top of the bad decision on OEL and Garland compounding hurt and setback Tri-fold. Can anyone confirm the math - how much has the problem compounded under the new management?

What we needed from the new crew was moves that were all opposite of compounding. Do you see what I’m throwing down?
Agreed past management and current management both have their collective heads up their arse and not having a plan.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

But why Fingers? Why does the mayhem contInure? What’s the thread that connects the past with the present with these two regimes in question? The mandate seems to be the same. Why? It’s a madhouse if you ask me. Gorillas running amok following orders to run amok!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Topper wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:17 am Has the shriveled brain trust changed the shot counter?
I thought I noticed that last night too :lol:
el rey del mambo
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:31 am Agreed past management and current management both have their collective heads up their arse and not having a plan.
I thought having such a bloated front office, full of 'bright hockey minds' and boasting of such "diversity" as having the likes of Castonguay and Granato would have avoided such a situation. Makes you wonder how much clout those two have in the organization, or were they a trendy hire to pander to certain aspects of the market but are not much more than woke window dressing that gets Old Fart his coffee.

Not criticizing the hire. If they are indeed "bright hockey minds" who can bring a fresh perspective, I'm all for having them as part of the decision and leadership process. But if they are, indeed, "bright hockey minds" with fresh perspectives then one wonders at their possible role in the ongoing shit-show this season. Have they been sidelined, and thus "woke window dressing", or are they just as elbows-deep in this farce as Butthead Allvin and the rest? If the latter, what does that say about them - regardless of sex?

One wonders what they really think of how management conducted the long, slow death march on Boudreau. Not that Castonguay or Granato have an inherent and exclusive virtue by being women vice men, but being hockey people who are relative noobs in NHL management offices I wonder if they've exchanged "holy fuck" glances and face-palms when witnessing some of the antics in the front office.

Hate the League.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

The long, slow death march was imposed by Mr Aquilini almost certainly. Yes, the same man who went out and hired his own coach and foisted his decision onto his new management team also blocked his managers from firing said coach and inserting their own guy for a full year. Fumbling and bubbling and serially interfering is Mr Aquilini's calling card.

Nothing changes, nothing changes.
el rey del mambo
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Lancer wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:45 am
2Fingers wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:31 am Agreed past management and current management both have their collective heads up their arse and not having a plan.
I thought having such a bloated front office, full of 'bright hockey minds' and boasting of such "diversity" as having the likes of Castonguay and Granato would have avoided such a situation. Makes you wonder how much clout those two have in the organization, or were they a trendy hire to pander to certain aspects of the market but are not much more than woke window dressing that gets Old Fart his coffee.

Not criticizing the hire. If they are indeed "bright hockey minds" who can bring a fresh perspective, I'm all for having them as part of the decision and leadership process. But if they are, indeed, "bright hockey minds" with fresh perspectives then one wonders at their possible role in the ongoing shit-show this season. Have they been sidelined, and thus "woke window dressing", or are they just as elbows-deep in this farce as Butthead Allvin and the rest? If the latter, what does that say about them - regardless of sex?

One wonders what they really think of how management conducted the long, slow death march on Boudreau. Not that Castonguay or Granato have an inherent and exclusive virtue by being women vice men, but being hockey people who are relative noobs in NHL management offices I wonder if they've exchanged "holy fuck" glances and face-palms when witnessing some of the antics in the front office.
Castonguay is named in Racheal's lawsuit against the club.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:04 pm

Sorry but Miller is all talks and pizzas

This guy talks a good defensive game

Always wanted him out
Don't get me wrong Crzy, I don't in any way shape or form want Miller to be captain.

And I severely doubt he ever will be.

It's just the way he's been talking makes me feel he thinks Bo will be gone.

Also, I would be fine if Miller is traded.

Having said that, I also think Tocchet is probably the perfect coach for Miller.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Topper wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:55 pm
Lancer wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:45 am

Castonguay is named in Racheal's lawsuit against the club.
Can't beat'em, then join'em?

Hate the League.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Will Lockwood was apparently hurt in the last game and it looks like Phil Di Giuseppe is finally getting his chance.

https://twitter.com/abbycanucks/status/ ... Rr-n_YLMgw
el rey del mambo
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

What’s up with Bear?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….