Miller Predictions (poll)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JT Miller Predictions

He will not re-sign here.
12%
He will be traded this summer.
27%
New Contract this summer
4%
Traded before his contract runs out
6%
2-3 years on new contract
6%
4-5 years on new contract
10%
over 5 years on new contract
10%
under 7 million per year
No votes
7 to 8 per year
15%
8+ per year
12%

Total votes: 52

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Miller Predictions (poll)

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:52 am
donlever wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:43 am Not that it relates to Miller but have you softened your stance on Byram at all Dude?
The Ferland experience makes me skittish on entertaining the idea of acquiring Byram. The proneness to concussions for players with a history of concussions always seems to rear it’s ugly head, eventually
Yeah Ferland done,unless he thinkin he can pull a Sidney Crosby, coming back after a yr+
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:51 am My thoughts have percolated like the best Juan Valdezian dark roast and based on nothing more than rumours and innuendo I’ve determined exactly what will happen on draft day.

Connor Garland will be traded to the Nashville Predators for Dante Fabbro straight up.

And as New Jersey is determined to make the playoffs next season and need some veteran leadership to help all their youth, they’ll trade Sharangovich, Severson and the number two pick over all for Miller and Myers.

Shockingly, with the second pick, the Canucks will take RHD David Jiricek in the draft over the expected LW Juraj Slafkovsky. Jiricek will not be with the Canucks next season, but will replace Schenn the season after.

Boeser and Horvat will be signed to new contracts with term.

Next season’s almost guaranteed line-up will be:

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser
Pearson Horvat Hoglander
Sharangovich Malkin(UFA) Kuzmenko
Lockwood Lammikko Highmore
Reeves(UFA)

Fabbro OEL
Severson Hughes
Schenn Rathbone
Burroughs Dermott

Demko
Martin

Oh, I almost forgot, Dickinson and Poolman will feel inspired to help humanity, will terminate their contracts and join the fight in Ukraine and become war heros. Poolman will be responsible for the sniper shot that takes out Putin and ends the conflict.
Cherry Picker has read the coffee beans :idea: :D
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:01 am Byram has now entered the unobtainable asset zone. The time to pilfer has passed
This. Guy has had two concussions…. I don’t think he’s Micheal Ferland. He’s firmly establishing himself as a good player at 21. They aren’t trading him for JT Miller. Maybe Alex Newhook as a centrepiece makes sense.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Newhook strikes me as being in that Mason Raymond/Kerfoot non foundational category. Decent top 9 player. But not sure I waste the Miller asset on him. We need foundational, not tweenal.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:10 pm Newhook strikes me as being in that Mason Raymond/Kerfoot non foundational category. Decent top 9 player. But not sure I waste the Miller asset on him. We need foundational, not tweenal.
Yeah you seem really plugged into the Colorado players. You really nailed your assessments of Nathan Mackinnon, Cale Makar and Bowen Byram. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:27 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 3:10 pm Newhook strikes me as being in that Mason Raymond/Kerfoot non foundational category. Decent top 9 player. But not sure I waste the Miller asset on him. We need foundational, not tweenal.
Yeah you seem really plugged into the Colorado players. You really nailed your assessments of Nathan Mackinnon, Cale Makar and Bowen Byram. :lol:
That’s when and where I make the appropriate adjustments exonerating any wrongdoing on my part in my early assessments and forecasting.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:18 pm
That’s when and where I make the appropriate adjustments exonerating any wrongdoing on my part in my early assessments and forecasting.
So you pissed your pants three times. I’m guessing you are ready for four. It might be better to just say “I’ve never seen the kid play” 😂
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

I've wanted to like the new management group, and I'm keeping an open mind. So far, for me, they've done nothing to move the needle very far either way.

But if they walk JT Miller to free agency and don't re-sign him, or even if Miller just has a sub-par season and returns a lower trade value, then unless they win the Stanley Cup with Miller this season, that's a non-confidence vote from me.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

How does Gohmert107 feel about this?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:32 pm How does Gohmert107 feel about this?
Okay I checked and here is what Gomes said about JR and Miller TODAY:

https://forum.canucks.com/topic/399212- ... page/1187/
Without JT Miller, this team will finish no better then 4th or 5th in the Pacific. That's right, he is that important to the team. Guaranteed if you asked individual players on the team, that have been there and know how the on-ice and dressing room roll would say so and hopefully are! Do not be maneuvered or swayed be local agenda driven press or the fools that think it's a leadership contest between Bo and JT, it isn't.
Yes, let's talk about the younger players. I watch all the games. I listen to all the post games. I know how often Miller's name comes up.
I hope new management hasn't overspent to the point a proper, to both sides, offer cannot be worked out.
Then Muttley Mickey followed that up with:
Probably would be signed if not for not only risky but a terrible overpay on this guy> and a MNTC to boot. :lol: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/ilya-mikheyev
And:
Most people not on a drive our best player out of town would.
So he's madly in love with Miller, angry at the Mikheyev signing, and angry with posters who entertain the notion of trading JT.

4400 posts over there already and unsurprisingly folks are starting to get annoyed...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

never provide links to Fred's posts
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ghomes is wrong on Mikhaev. That was a good signing. Our higher quality depth will win us games this year and the new Russians will be a massive upgrade.
If you need air...call it in
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but according to Canucks Army via The Athletic, that Miller's agent has indicated there is a chance contract talks will no longer be entertained with the Canucks after the season begins. It could be posturing, but it does raise some concerns in that it will impact any return should it happen, if it hasn't already, for obvious reasons.

At present new management has yet to address any significant issues surrounding the on ice product of this team, (third and fourth line players aside) other than the Boeser signing. Petey's agent has already indicated he is licking his chops in anticipation of a salary cap increase (see the Province for what it's worth) and if true, given what has occurred before regarding this player in respect to contract negotiations it is a definite red flag.

The size of the front office has grown substantially under Rutherford, and while some of the changes have yet to have an effect, it is somewhat concerning that those changes that directly effect the make up of team seem to be subordinate to, for want of a better word/words, to the new organizational structure.