Miller Predictions (poll)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JT Miller Predictions

He will not re-sign here.
12%
He will be traded this summer.
27%
New Contract this summer
4%
Traded before his contract runs out
6%
2-3 years on new contract
6%
4-5 years on new contract
10%
over 5 years on new contract
10%
under 7 million per year
No votes
7 to 8 per year
15%
8+ per year
12%

Total votes: 52

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Miller Predictions (poll)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We need a player back for Miller for sure. You don’t replace him with futures, it’s ridiculous!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:32 am
Mëds wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:41 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:01 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:19 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:57 pm You need a player of some kind who can play now and make an impact if trading Miller, otherwise we taking a huge step back. Fuck futures only return, there’s zero guarantee they will work out
I agree, unless you can sign a free agent who is younger than Miller by a couple of years for the same money that 99 point Miller will be wanting. It's strictly an age thing here.

If indeed Miller is gone, do you offer sheet Tkachuk and put the screws to the Flames? I can't stand the person, but a 40 goal/104 point, 25 year old, asshole isn't something any of us should be saying no to.
“Unless you can sign a free agent” - I gather you mean “UFA” meaning they would be roughly the same as UFA Miller?

Then you say

“It’s strictly an age thing”

Geezus H Christ Mëds you’re fucking with my head
If you sign a UFA right now that is 27 or 28 that is 2 or 3 years younger than the 30 year old Miller that would be starting his new contract to start 2023-24. Keep up.
And those perfect replacements for Miller that are 27 to 28 when they become UFA’s grow on trees, plentiful, dime a dozen, cheap, bidding wars, guaranteed they want to play here, just who are you thinking will fit this mould?
It's a hypothetical Chef. An IF/THEN scenario.

IF X then would you be OK with Y?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:39 am For every Suzuki (Pacioretty) there is an Eric Brannstrom (Stone). No guarantees, c’mon Blob you know that. I prefer a 1 for 1 something similar to the Ryan Johansen Seth Jones trade. You don’t trade a Miller for “hopefuls”
I’d prefer a lot of things. If there is a great 1 for 1 proposal out there that makes sense, that’s awesome. But to be so cut and dried, and only zeroing in on that type of deal cuts the team off from potentially the best deal. I know you know this, and are just seeking attention.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

We didn't give up much to get Miller, just a late first and some junk in Benning's pocket so I don't think we need to make out like bandits here. Heck, I would even be okay with renting him ourselves next year (he should be motivated - contract year) and letting him walk. Easy come, easy go. That'd give us four years of Miller altogether which is pretty good when you consider what we gave up to get him.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:18 am We didn't give up much to get Miller, just a late first and some junk in Benning's pocket so I don't think we need to make out like bandits here. Heck, I would even be okay with renting him ourselves next year (he should be motivated - contract year) and letting him walk. Easy come, easy go. That'd give us four years of Miller altogether which is pretty good when you consider what we gave up to get him.
I’m on board with this. Especially when you consider how much of a bum Mukhamedullin is. Miller basically came free. Easy come easy go
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I'm a hard no on this one.

Miller is an asset for which we require a better than solid return.

ROI.
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yep. They need assets back for Miller. This team is in no position to let players walk to UFA. If he won’t sign a long term deal that makes sense he needs to be moved.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:20 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:18 am We didn't give up much to get Miller, just a late first and some junk in Benning's pocket so I don't think we need to make out like bandits here. Heck, I would even be okay with renting him ourselves next year (he should be motivated - contract year) and letting him walk. Easy come, easy go. That'd give us four years of Miller altogether which is pretty good when you consider what we gave up to get him.
I’m on board with this. Especially when you consider how much of a bum Mukhamedullin is. Miller basically came free. Easy come easy go
What does New Jersey making a questionable draft pick have to do with Vancouver managing their asset?

To add to this, if the Canucks didn’t acquire JT, there’s no way in hell they make playoffs in 2019/20. So the 20th pick is likely in the top 12 if they hung onto it. Maybe Anton Lundell or Dawson Mercer. The trade was for a future (2020) 1st and a 2019 3rd. To keep repeating that the actual cost was Mukamadullin is disingenuous.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sun May 29, 2022 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:43 pm A Cernak is what they need for Miller. Pair him with Hughes and they’re in the playoffs for the next decade.
Maybe I'm dreaming, but I don't know which one they'll choose to keep (if I'm right that one has to go). I feel like they'd maybe rather trade Sergachev. After his crazy rookie season his offensive numbers have come back to earth, but I think he'll still command more money on his next deal than Cernak.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:05 am To add to this, if the Canucks didn’t acquire JT, there’s no way in hell they make playoffs in 2019/20. So the 20th pick is likely in the top 12 if they hung onto it. Maybe Anton Lundell or Dawson Mercer.

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/201 ... jt-miller/
The Tampa Bay Lightning have agreed to trade forward JT Miller to the Vancouver Canucks. The Lightning get a conditional 2020 first round pick, a third-round pick in 2019, and goaltender Marek Mazanec. The condition for the 2020 first round pick is if the Canucks don’t make the 2020 playoffs then it becomes a 2021 first round pick.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

ESQ wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:21 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:43 pm A Cernak is what they need for Miller. Pair him with Hughes and they’re in the playoffs for the next decade.
Maybe I'm dreaming, but I don't know which one they'll choose to keep (if I'm right that one has to go). I feel like they'd maybe rather trade Sergachev. After his crazy rookie season his offensive numbers have come back to earth, but I think he'll still command more money on his next deal than Cernak.
If TB thinks they can go for the cup with veterans one more time, but can’t afford all the raises to Cernak and Sergachev, maybe they want a cheap Schenn back along with a half salary Miller, and give up a Cernak plus another prospect or roster piece and a pick. That kind of makes sense to me for two good but cheap players to TB that have already been contributors in that locker room.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:56 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:05 am To add to this, if the Canucks didn’t acquire JT, there’s no way in hell they make playoffs in 2019/20. So the 20th pick is likely in the top 12 if they hung onto it. Maybe Anton Lundell or Dawson Mercer.

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/201 ... jt-miller/
The Tampa Bay Lightning have agreed to trade forward JT Miller to the Vancouver Canucks. The Lightning get a conditional 2020 first round pick, a third-round pick in 2019, and goaltender Marek Mazanec. The condition for the 2020 first round pick is if the Canucks don’t make the 2020 playoffs then it becomes a 2021 first round pick.
I’m aware of the conditions of the 1st round pick in 20 or 21.

Not sure what I’m wrong about. I clearly said if they DON’T make the trade for JT they are very likely a bottom third team with a top 10-12 pick in the 2020 draft. And NOBODY knows whether they would have picked Mukanaduilin at 20 anyways. But we all know without JT, there’s no playoffs that year. There were other kids on the board and and Mukamaduulinwas a bit of a reach.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle has hated the Miller acquisition from day 1
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:20 pm I have hated my life from day 1. I’m a pathological liar.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:03 pm Not sure what I’m wrong about.
Blob, I'm saying you're wrong about the pick being "in the top 10-12 if they hung onto it".

Can you prove your claim? :mex:

(the link was just to show management ensured they would keep the pick if they missed the playoffs with JT)

Not sure why you keep talking about Mukanaduilin lol, you may have a chef living in your head...
____
Try to focus on someday.