Miller Predictions (poll)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JT Miller Predictions

He will not re-sign here.
12%
He will be traded this summer.
27%
New Contract this summer
4%
Traded before his contract runs out
6%
2-3 years on new contract
6%
4-5 years on new contract
10%
over 5 years on new contract
10%
under 7 million per year
No votes
7 to 8 per year
15%
8+ per year
12%

Total votes: 52

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Miller Predictions (poll)

Post by Cornuck »

Ok - let's see where the mind hive is at. What will happen with 'heart and soul' of the team, Mr JT Miller?

Will he sign a new contract this summer? Will be soon be gone? Will he break the bank and handcuff the cap for years to come? Will he take this team to the promised land? With Miller, all things are possible.

I've allowed for multiple selections due to the options.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Miller Predictions (poll)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I think he gets shipped. He's coming off an exceptional career year and the raisin will field some very enticing offers....one will be too good to turn down.

Maybe the Rags swap Lundqvist out for Schneider in that package that was rumour floated
If you need air...call it in
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

My thoughts are he's leaving one way or another and that's based on two beliefs...

1 - he's a hard core Yank with a Yank wife and he'd prefer to be in the US and on the East Coast for a variety of familial considerations (pure speculation)

2 - I'm a Canuck fan and shit just doesn't work out long term for us (fact)

.....I just hope the new regime doesn't, whatever the end result turns out to be, fuck shit up like so many of our GM's/owners seemingly have historically (some fact, some conjecture)
DeLevering since 1999.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm in the "Miller isn't staying" camp - I just get the feeling that he would rather be playing south of the border long term. Maybe he likes it here? Maybe he got his best chance to prove himself here? But long term...?... he's flying south.

I'm sure after a long talk with with management, there will be some phone calls made, and I would think that if there's a great deal out there - it will be made. But.... there is no rush, and I think he's professional enough to play through the "why wasn't he signed over the summer" bullshit that the media will create by training camp. I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved on draft day.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

5 years $9 million per year
6 years $8 million per year
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:57 pm 5 years $9 million per year
6 years $8 million per year
I can't wait to see the adjustments on this one.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Friedman with a radio hit on the Don and Dhaliwal show.

- Extension looking unlikely with the Canucks and Miller as Canucks doesnt see Miller's age fitting their core competitive window.
- Trade offers have started and this is playing a role in the Canucks decision as Friedman believes there will be a bidding war and some of the offers they have or will receive will just be too good to pass up.
- Friedman speculates that win now teams will be interested as well as teams who feel they have a young core and need 1 more big veteran piece to add to be competitive.
- Miller is willing to re-sign in Vancouver but not for a hometeam discount as likely this is his last and only big pay day. Term can be anywhere from 5-7 years.
- Extension with Miller cant be signed until July 13th ( after the draft) so likely any 1st round trade offers for Miller will be for 2023. Canucks like this idea anyway as the 2023 NHL draft is considered way stronger than 2022.
-Teams have inquired if Canucks are willing to do Salary retention, the answer is yes which would make Miller at 2.6AAV but Friendman says that will just cost the trading team even more assets.
- Friedman adds that this is a rare occasion and it doesnt happen very often that a top line Centre coming off almost 100 points gets traded the following season with term left on contract.
I lifted that from another site.

If they trade Miller they better get it right.
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

If not at least we can run with..

#AllvinAssembled...

...for the next half decade while we rinse and repeat.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:53 pm
Friedman with a radio hit on the Don and Dhaliwal show.
- Extension looking unlikely with the Canucks and Miller as Canucks doesnt see Miller's age fitting their core competitive window.
If they trade Miller they better get it right.
It's a good sign that management sees that this team is a few years off from competing seriously for the Cup. Say 3-4 years, which would give the core time to mature, add a few pieces at affordable contracts and hopefully get a few picks into the lineup at ELC.

And yes - they better not fuck this up.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Cornuck wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:20 pm And yes - they better not fuck this up.
Not sure they can fuck this up. If he wants out, they have to take what the market will pay. Pretty simple. Hopefully the market thinks he is worth mortgaging their team's future for - but it could be the rumoured NYR package is all they will get.

Either way, as mentioned previously, this team is 3-4 years away from even competing for the SC. Miller will help them grow and make the playoffs, sure, but he probably won't be around when they start to win anyway. The pieces we get for him will be right in line with that window I'd hope. Both age and salary-wise.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If they trade him it better not be for futures. We need a very good asset in return who can play now!!!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:17 pm If they trade him it better not be for futures. We need a very good asset in return who can play now!!!!
How would you feel about Aaron Ekblad for a return?

I can see FLA looking to change it up and make a major move like that
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:24 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:17 pm If they trade him it better not be for futures. We need a very good asset in return who can play now!!!!
How would you feel about Aaron Ekblad for a return?

I can see FLA looking to change it up and make a major move like that
Not seeing it. I still think it’s going to be the Rangers. L.A could be a dark horse, and Anaheim, maybe St Louis, maybe Columbus. Pittsburgh will try, Alvinn and Rutherford have connections there. Also maybe Buffalo as well, I believe the Sabres were one of the competing teams for Miller when Benning acquired him.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol like FLA is giving up Ekblad for one year of Miller

Lmfao

“They better get it right”

Absolutely we hope. After 7 + years of Lennie Small mostly getting it wrong. I’d say it’s critical to pointing us in n the right direction.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:38 pm Absolutely we hope. After 7 + years of Lennie Small mostly getting it wrong. I'd say it’s critical to pointing us in n the right direction.
....Blob, imo if you post comments like this turning around and bitching about threads being ransacked bears minimal validity.

1 - you're culpable as well by initiating it with comments like these

2 - it's begging for a retort which initiates the cycle

It's a prime example of the cake and eat it too syndrome discussed earlier today...
DeLevering since 1999.