2nd Round Predictions, 2022

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: 2nd Round Predictions, 2022

Post by 5thhorseman »

Puck wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:40 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:09 pm
Puck wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:51 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:29 am AVS
Oilers
Florida
Carolina
So Reef, does your anti-pick method apply to all teams, or only the leaves?
Only the leaves. I will forever say they will win and they are a good team. Even now I think next year with a tweak or 2 they could win the presidents cup and go far.
:lol:
Is Reef a closet Leaves fan? Reefy, say it ain't so!
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Tciso wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:21 pm Coiler fans are snapping up bus tickets to Calgary. I'm not sure why they are so pumped to take the short bus ride to Calgary.
Anything to get out of that shithole. :lol: :lol:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Kevin Bieksa's tips for "you kids watching at home" are giving me Howie Meeker flashbacks.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:46 pm Kevin Bieksa's tips for "you kids watching at home" are giving me Howie Meeker flashbacks.
....like a hoop around a barrel.
DeLevering since 1999.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

donlever wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:51 pm
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:46 pm Kevin Bieksa's tips for "you kids watching at home" are giving me Howie Meeker flashbacks.
....like a hoop around a barrel.
:D

"Lookin' for nickels"
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Jumpin' Jehosophat RG.

He couldn't check a bag.
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Where’s Doyle’s buddy Connor Timmins? Playing in Europe somewhere?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Golly gee willikers guys, I think Bieksa does a great job!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Alex Newhook isn’t even dressing for Colorado. I think if the Blues take them out, the Avs may take a long hard look at JT Miller especially with Kadri gone and Mack’s contract looming.

Alex Newhook/Bowen Byram
JT Compher
1st round pick
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:44 pm Alex Newhook isn’t even dressing for Colorado. I think if the Blues take them out, the Avs may take a long hard look at JT Miller especially with Kadri gone and Mack’s contract looming.

Alex Newhook/Bowen Byram
JT Compher
1st round pick
I’m seeing a meh lame package of tweener “quantity” coming back for absolute top shelf quality (Miller) going out
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:50 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:44 pm Alex Newhook isn’t even dressing for Colorado. I think if the Blues take them out, the Avs may take a long hard look at JT Miller especially with Kadri gone and Mack’s contract looming.

Alex Newhook/Bowen Byram
JT Compher
1st round pick
I’m seeing a meh lame package of tweener “quantity” coming back for absolute top shelf quality (Miller) going out
You’re incapable of seeing the forest for the trees.

Your boy Servalli already said that there’s no hometown discount coming for the Canucks in an extension with Miller.

As Malone would say “what are you prepared to do”

Do you have a number or are you just wanting to troll the place?

What’s your back breaker in term and dollars?

I say don’t crest 50 million and don’t exceed 6 years. Not a minute or a penny over.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cale Makar looks good for a ‘coward that shouldn’t have been drafted in the first round’

Chef your thoughts?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Check this clip out lol

'Berta is the center of the redneck universe

https://twitter.com/UnkleHack69/status ... gXWA&s=19
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:25 pm

Alex Newhook/Bowen Byram
JT Compher
1st round pick

Your boy Servalli already said that there’s no hometown discount coming for the Canucks in an extension with Miller.

I say don’t crest 50 million and don’t exceed 6 years. Not a minute or a penny over.
Like Rutherford says you can’t look at a potential Miller contract by its term. He says what you hope is that the value he brings in the first 3 years of the contract outweigh his declining years of the contract. You just can’t trade away every star player at age 29/30 years of age when his contract comes up, you have to accept the risks at some point. Every team goes through this, every team has these type of contracts on older players
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:34 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:25 pm

Alex Newhook/Bowen Byram
JT Compher
1st round pick

Like Rutherford says you can’t look at a potential Miller contract by its term. He says what you hope is that the value he brings in the first 3 years of the contract outweigh his declining years of the contract. You just can’t trade away every star player at age 29/30 years of age when his contract comes up, you have to accept the risks at some point. Every team goes through this, every team has these type of contracts on older players
As I pointed out in a previous post, most teams don't sign these players to long term contracts with massive cap hits when they are 30 years old. They ink the deal at 28, which gives the team the best chance for that early return on investment in the first half of the contract.

Blob is right, though I think a bit generous, not a penny over $50M and 6 years. I wouldn't do more than $9M x 4.