The Canucks 2022 Offseason.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Which Canuck forward should not be brought back for the 2022/2023 season?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:13 am

Miller
11%
Boeser
10%
Garland
4%
Horvat
No votes
Hoglander
No votes
Pearson
4%
Dickinson
19%
Chiasson
15%
Richardson
10%
Sutter
26%

Total votes: 89

donlever
CC Legend

Re: The Canucks 2022 Offseason.

Post by donlever »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:29 pm
donlever wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:13 pm What does that even mean?

Who's the raisan?

Rutherford because he's old, round and wrinkled?
Ah...good one.

:scowl:
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:46 pm
donlever wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:35 pm Lol...honestly I think Blob would just appreciate that his opinion were acknowledged.
Or not be hounded by a “mod” from thread to thread that twists my posts in a knot with his red crayon because I hate a GM that he identified with.
...you don't have to respond each and every time to defend your honour bro.

Your opinion is pretty much out there for God and everyone to see.

Everyone gets it.

Some guys who have posted of late have pointedly agreed with at least some of your takes (Tciso, MCP, Corn)....the others?

Well, truth is, they're just fucking with you because you react.

.....and the band played on.
DeLevering since 1999.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

donlever wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:23 pm Why would Kane sign a 2 year deal @ 4 per?

For so many reasons dude is going to want to max out in dollars and term.

I think you're just throwing darts at a board and hoping they will stick Todd.
I'll admit, I have nothing to base it on. Mainly just observations from following Kaner's career over the years, some gossip thru back channels, mainly just a gut feeling. The Nucks were actually one of his top choices when he was a UFA this past season though, but I think JR was too busy in the process of figuring out his new mgmt team and he was up against the cap, so pursuing EK was not really in the cards.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/evander ... to-canucks

He yearns to play at home does he?

Like Lucic, Sakic, Seabrook, Keith et cetera?

The odd Cliffy or Hammer playing here doesn't mean every BC boy wants to be a Canuck.
I actually think just like Kaner, Big Looch wouldn't mind playing for the Nucks as well. Once again, just a gut feeling. We were actually in the Looch sweepstakes when he was UFA last time, but Edmtn offered that extra year and he couldn't pass on the chance to play with McJesus. We settled for Sweet Loui Eriksson instead. :?

I'll admit that it's a longshot for us to ever see Kaner or Big Looch suit up for the Nucks, but I won't say that it'll never happen either. :D

As for Burnaby Joe, I remember hearing that Sakic was happy in Colorado back in the day and didn't really want to play in the microscope of his hometown. I've never heard anything about Seabrook and Keith wanting to play here, so can't really comment there. :P
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

@ Lever ….Fair enough. Doc has been all over me like a bad smell for years. This is thousands of posts twisting shit in a knot, it isn’t a recent occurrence.

That isn’t ribbing. He’s admitted as much to me.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:08 pm @ Lever ….Fair enough. Doc has been all over me like a bad smell for years. This is thousands of posts twisting shit in a knot, it isn’t a recent occurrence.

Yeah, I feel you man.

The 2 sides syndrome.

You're a cog here though bro.

Try laughing it off once in a while if you can.
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Look Blob, you exaggerate all the time.

And then, the worst part, when called on it you deny it.

No one suggested:

"trading the next couple first round picks for veteran players"

... so why did you say someone did?

Why misrepresent the conversation?

Is any of this getting through?

You constantly demand honest debate from others, but you don't always provide it yourself my brother.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

To support some of Blobs angst...Benning seemingly adding a 2nd to every deal in the first few years I had a huge issue with.

The 1st for Miller I had absolutely no issue with

The 1st for OEL and Garland was borderline acceptable but I still logically see the reasoning

So in summary... Benning got wiser
If you need air...call it in
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Do do do do, do do do

Do do do do...do...dododododo

Do do do do, do do do
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:18 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:08 pm @ Lever ….Fair enough. Doc has been all over me like a bad smell for years. This is thousands of posts twisting shit in a knot, it isn’t a recent occurrence.

Yeah, I feel you man.

The 2 sides syndrome.

You're a cog here though bro.

Try laughing it off once in a while if you can.
I’m all good laughing shit off. But there’s about 15 posters here. There’s one guy that loathed the past administration, three people who are ambivalent and 10 or 11 that are either stupid or want to see their favourite team suck shit. I could give two fucks what anyone here thinks. 95 % of actual Canucks fans think Elmer was a moron and a horrible manager of the team.The point is when everyone is fucking around and then a person decides to make a decent thread/post it generally gets attacked if you aren’t a Benning nutlicker. This place is a ghost town compared to what it used to be. The hive mind crew ran anyone out that disagreed with them. I’m Chingachkook at this point.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Yeah, I'd love to have an opinion to jump into the discussion but simply didn't pay attention so my word means fuck all.

I'm not sure whether your poster numbers work or not but I guess that's moot regardless.

I mean, we can go back and forth all night on this.

The thing is your personality is, among other things, a bit Type A and a bit aggro when it comes to defending what is yours (what I mean by this is that if some clown came after something of yours, for instance, you'd not be a shrinking violet but rather the complete opposite).

So in this instance what is yours is the "Elmer" opinion which you 100% believe is correct (fuck all wrong with that) and will defend to the end of time because that's your personality (see definition above)....

....but it becomes a self fulfilling, Groundhog Day like prophecy with the ultimate downfall being some posters take great glee in and accept as perennially humorous poking the bear (you) as it were.

Ultimately it takes two sides to tangle so one would think something has to (eventually) give.

Personally I had hoped we were done with all this but apparently that day has yet to arrive.

Again, there is lots to talk about and the same subject does not have to be the fodder for discussion all the time.

Unless that is the point of this place which would be highly disappointing.

I approached the mods privately with a thread evolution concept, what gents, a couple of weeks back.

But I then watched various threads devolve (again) into the same old, same old and have decided to defer for the time being.

Ultimately if this is what we're here for it's a damned shame.....

Finally, in all honesty Blob, I don't think anyone truly believes Jim Benning to be a literal genius. Those tabbed with that moniker win Cups and end up in Halls of Fame.

I believe that those who defend his honour do want his high end, solid moves recognized, much the same as you want his fuck ups noted.

...as I said earlier.

...and the band played on.
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:34 pm I’m all good laughing shit off.

I could give two fucks what anyone here thinks.

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:34 pm 95 % of actual Canucks fans think Elmer was a moron and a horrible manager of the team.
95% of HF perhaps, I told you before, you really need to stop reading there my friend, it's warping your perspective.

Try Reddit or CDC.

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:34 pm a person decides to make a decent thread/post it generally gets attacked if you aren’t a Benning nutlicker.

This place is a ghost town compared to what it used to be.

The hive mind crew ran anyone out that disagreed with them. I’m Chingachkook at this point.
Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Like I said, you're not living in reality Blobby.

And listen, if the subject of Benning annoys you so much, why don't you just simply ignore it?

Pretty much everyone here has criticized Jimbro at some point... they don't get "attacked".

Have you ever considered the possibility you are just a troubled soul?

A troubled soul who wants to see Elmer crucified every other post just like HF? (the real hivemind)

Yeah well we're too sane for that, sorry bro...

YOU bring up Jimmy more than anyone else of late, think about that.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:27 pm To support some of Blobs angst...Benning seemingly adding a 2nd to every deal in the first few years I had a huge issue with.
ATTACK!!!

:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

^^^^See what I mean Leves^^^^

:? Always everyone else fault with Abbotsford

Magwe should give Chingachcook a wide berth.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:12 pm "Always everyone else fault"
"Everyone is attacking me!" - Blob Mckenzie
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:10 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:27 pm To support some of Blobs angst...Benning seemingly adding a 2nd to every deal in the first few years I had a huge issue with.
ATTACK!!!

But it was a point of contention at the time (start of the rebuild)
If you need air...call it in