The Canucks 2022 Offseason.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Which Canuck forward should not be brought back for the 2022/2023 season?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:13 am

Miller
11%
Boeser
10%
Garland
4%
Horvat
No votes
Hoglander
No votes
Pearson
4%
Dickinson
19%
Chiasson
15%
Richardson
10%
Sutter
26%

Total votes: 89

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Canucks 2022 Offseason.

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The return on Miller if traded will be shockingly underwhelming to some misguided Canuck fans. We will take a massive step back in play for it as he is our best player and fearless leader.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:13 am The return on Miller if traded will be shockingly underwhelming to some misguided Canuck fans. We will take a massive step back in play for it as he is our best player and fearless leader.
Cool story. Nothing like trying to gaslight your own forum. Do t you have a Twitter account to toss diapers around?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So Miller has specific areas he wants to play, meaning a small spectrum off teams in those areas (Pennsylvania) “may” be willing to take the risk on giving up major assets for 1 year of guaranteed service before Miller can sign with whomever where his heart desires, a contract that you say will be an ugly contract because he will be 30 when that contract kicks in? Boy ole boi teams everywhere far and wide must be licking at the chops to give up the farm for that. Rutherford in the drivers seat oh yeah! Just like Benning in the drivers seat trading Kesler!

It’s best to retain his services, bottom line
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:56 am So Miller has specific areas he wants to play, meaning a small spectrum off teams in those areas (Pennsylvania) “may” be willing to take the risk on giving up major assets for 1 year of guaranteed service before Miller can sign with whomever where his heart desires, a contract that you say will be an ugly contract because he will be 30 when that contract kicks in? Boy ole boi teams everywhere far and wide must be licking at the chops to give up the farm for that. Rutherford in the drivers seat oh yeah! Just like Benning in the drivers seat trading Kesler!

Retain him but at what price and term? A 4 year deal would be ok with me, but not 6 or 7. If the Canucks were a playoff team and contender, then maybe, but we are far from that now.

Also, any team trading for Miller in the off season will talk to his agent about an extension, before they make any trade.
Miller is a tremendous player but if there is a market for him, it must be explored. A combination of picks, prospects and a young D man is realistic and should be available from some team. Let's hope Rutherford and company are shrewd enough to pull it off.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zedlee wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:20 am

Also, any team trading for Miller in the off season will talk to his agent about an extension, before they make any trade.
Miller is a tremendous player but if there is a market for him, it must be explored. A combination of picks, prospects and a young D man is realistic and should be available from some team. Let's hope Rutherford and company are shrewd enough to pull it off.
Yes but that puts Millers camp in control of who they are willing to talk extension with, shrinking the market of serous bidders. Of course teams will want to extend him beforehand in order to be willing to give up major assets for. No team is going to give up major assets for 1 year of a player. If that becomes the case might as well just trade him at next years trade deadline as a rental, in fact you’d probably get more for him then from a desperate cup contending team than you may in the off season
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:56 am So Miller has specific areas he wants to play, meaning a small spectrum off teams in those areas (Pennsylvania) “may” be willing to take the risk on giving up major assets for 1 year of guaranteed service before Miller can sign with whomever where his heart desires, a contract that you say will be an ugly contract because he will be 30 when that contract kicks in? Boy ole boi teams everywhere far and wide must be licking at the chops to give up the farm for that. Rutherford in the drivers seat oh yeah! Just like Benning in the drivers seat trading Kesler!

When and where has he said this?

lol - comparing a player with a no trade option vs. someone who does not have same ability plus the fact that the management at the time pissed off Kesler vs. the good relationship between management and JT.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Retain him but at what price and term?
Been trying to get that answer out of him for a while.

Good luck.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You just basically tell Millers camp - “name the yearly, name the term, name the clauses and it’s a done deal

Millers don’t grow in trees
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:08 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:30 am

Good luck.
You just basically tell Millers camp - “name the yearly, name the term, name the clauses and it’s a done deal

:D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Good luck.
Like nailing jello to a wall.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Well Doyle was more than happy with the contract Philly gave Kevin Hayes (7 years, $7 million per, $49 million) I’d shoot for 6 years $8.5 per, $51 million. Only $2 million more than Hayes total term but shorter term by 1 year taking him to 36 years of age.

Getter
Fucking
Dun
Ffs
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:30 am You just basically tell Millers camp - “name the yearly, name the term, name the clauses and it’s a done deal

Doesn't really make sense to think we should hand Miller a blank cheque but at the same time you see little value in moving him.

As you said, Miller's don't grow in trees. So it's reasonable to think if we should sign him at all costs that some team would be willing to move heaven and earth to get the rarity in Miller.

So what do we do?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:15 pm

Well Doyle was more than happy with the contract Philly gave Kevin Hayes (7 years, $7 million per, $49 million)
Nice try Pinocchio :sly:
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:15 pm

Well Doyle was more than happy with the contract Philly gave Kevin Hayes (7 years, $7 million per, $49 million) I’d shoot for 6 years $8.5 per, $51 million. Only $2 million more than Hayes total term but shorter term by 1 year taking him to 36 years of age.

Getter
Fucking
Dun
Ffs
So long as there isn’t any movement restrictions, I would sign this.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:58 pm So long as there isn’t any movement restrictions, I would sign this.
You’re gonna get a minimum of 3 exceptional years out of Miller in a 6 year contract. But the Cat will be a longevity machine in an old man Joe Pavelski/Corey Perry way. You’ll get a solid 6 years from Miller on 6 year extension, 100%!