Final 20 Games 2022

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Final 20 Games 2022

Post by rats19 »

i thought this would be good to keep it all in one thread.

so put analysis expectations and results in here.

Ive seen that we need to go 13w 7l to make playoffs
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Final 20 Games

Post by Cornuck »

Sat, Mar 19 vs Calgary
Sun, Mar 20 vs Buffalo
Wed, Mar 23 @ Colorado
Thu, Mar 24 @ Minnesota
Sat, Mar 26 @ Dallas
Mon, Mar 28 @ St. Louis
Wed, Mar 30 vs St. Louis
Sun, Apr 3 vs Vegas
Wed, Apr 6 @ Vegas
Thu, Apr 7 @ Arizona
Sat, Apr 9 vs San Jose
Tue, Apr 12 vs Vegas
Thu, Apr 14 vs Arizona
Mon, Apr 18 vs Dallas
Tue, Apr 19 vs Ottawa
Thu, Apr 21 @ Minnesota
Sat, Apr 23 @ Calgary
Tue, Apr 26 vs Seattle
Thu, Apr 28 vs Los Angeles
Fri, Apr 29 @ Edmonton

Home: 11 / Away 9
3 games in 4 nights: (Mar 23,24,26) (Apr 6,7,9) (Apr 18,19,21) (Apr 26,27,29) - 12 games

Not going to be easy - but we need to make the most of this home stand and the Vegas 'mini-series'
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Final 20 Games 2022

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think they need to go 13-6-1 or 13-5-2. Last nights bed pissing was reminiscent of the Chef hammering the sheets about Gillis. That was a blown opportunity.

I can’t see it unless Pettersson plays like he did in the bubble. It’s been a decent run but as was reported earlier it’s a mid level team. They are not a top 10 team, probably not a bottom 12 team either. They are in the mushy middle of 11 -20.

That schedule is filthy. 8 games in 14 nights and some teams that have batted the Canucks around like a wiffle ball the last few years.

I think they are done barring a sweep this weekend. Even if they pull that off it will still be a miracle.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:14 pm i thought this would be good to keep it all in one thread.

so put analysis expectations and results in here.

Ive seen that we need to go 13w 7l to make playoffs
As I put in another thread, we have 5 games against Dallas and Vegas, all of those are currently 4 pointers. If we win all of them then it's possible to get away with winning as few as 11 games (provided a couple L's are in OT).

Someone else said we are out of the wild card hunt already and need 3rd in the Pacific to get in because Dallas will be stronger than us down the stretch etc. Edmonton is 5 points up with a game in hand and heating up right now.....I don't see us catching them barring some miracles.

The way I see it right now we're not catching Nashville which puts us in a 4 team battle for the final wildcard spot against Vegas, Dallas, and Winnipeg.....maybe Anaheim makes it a 5 horse race, but it sounds like they might be selling. It's worth noting that we don't have any games against Anaheim or Winnipeg down the stretch.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:07 pm I think they need to go 13-6-1 or 13-5-2. Last nights bed pissing was reminiscent of the Chef hammering the sheets about Gillis. That was a blown opportunity.

I can’t see it unless Pettersson plays like he did in the bubble. It’s been a decent run but as was reported earlier it’s a mid level team. They are not a top 10 team, probably not a bottom 12 team either. They are in the mushy middle of 11 -20.

That schedule is filthy. 8 games in 14 nights and some teams that have batted the Canucks around like a wiffle ball the last few years.

I think they are done barring a sweep this weekend. Even if they pull that off it will still be a miracle.
I overlooked the quartet of 3 games in 4 nights. With this team and our goaltending situation (Halak Halak errr Cough, Cough) we can almost guarantee that the best we do in any of those is 2-1, which takes 12 of our remaining 20 games and puts us at an 8-4 record with 8 games up in the air. The sad reality is that 8-4 is optimistic with this group and we are far more likely to see 6-6 and just have to pray that it's really 6-3-3.

Here's hoping they pull off a miracle.....although I'd prefer a reality check for the good of the future.