Max Cap Hits

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: Max Cap Hits

Post by donlever »

I guess that sort of answers the question.

Not sure I believe Miller's contract will be a boat anchor in 3 to 4 years though, I'll have to lean to disagreement on that.
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I could give two shits about 4 years from now, sign Miller ffs
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:40 pm
donlever wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:55 am This is a great debate and both sides make solid points.

Personally I could go either way (lay it on me Cuz) with it and see myself being happy with the end result.

I'll ask you this though Reef.

.....so years 3+ means 3 years from now forward as he is signed on for next year already.

Imagine this, the Canucks sign Miller and win a Cup 3 or 4 seasons from now with JT a driving force to team success (maybe he wins a Conn Smythe along the way for shits and giggles).

At that point do you really worry what happens after that with respect to the remainder of his deal?
3 years into his new contract, 4 years from now. That is when I really expect this team to be contending. I actually expect them to be there in 2-3 seasons but then while they are in their prime they MAY have this boat anchor of a contract they have to unload. If he signs and leaves money on the table I’m all in.
That's okay, there are ways to unload bad contracts, we see it every year.

Give him 5 years and make sure a good chunk of that money comes in the way of a signing bonus in year 5.
____
Try to focus on someday.