What are the two most important future moves?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Choose the top two most important moves the Canucks organization needs to make.

Poll ended at Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:39 am

Nothing - Give the team time to turn the corner
5%
Make waiver claims
No votes
Make minor player trades
No votes
Make major player trades
8%
Replace the coach and most of his staff
41%
Replace the General Manager and most of his staff
21%
Replace the scouting staff
No votes
Replace the goalie coaches
No votes
Name a President of Hockey Operations
18%
Replace the owner
8%

Total votes: 39

donlever
CC Legend

Re: What are the two most important future moves?

Post by donlever »

Who's the other D aside from Tanev Blob?
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

donlever wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:50 am Who's the other D aside from Tanev Blob?
Rasmus Andersson. He was the 2nd that went for the Swiss softie if I recall
If you need air...call it in
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

10-4

...and..lol...the Swiss softie is?
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:05 pm 10-4

...and..lol...the Swiss softie is?
Sven Baertschi

Then Elms drafted the wrong London Knight.

Handed them Tanev and Marky after that. He’s done more to build the Flames than Brad Treliving has.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Maybe we can send them Benning next and he can reciprocate from across the fence
If you need air...call it in
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:46 am
BCExpat wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:00 am From an outsider's point of view, I think you have to clean house as far as coaching and the GM's office. Green can't seem to get this young, talented group going and Benning has made some pretty bad decisions in both drafting and trades (most of the memorable ones to the benefit my Flames).
Flames fans probably want Benning here for the next decade. He’s only handed Calgary a top 5 goalie, two top four D men and a first line winger. Give him time, I’m sure there’s more. :|
Hoping he trades Petey to the Flames next :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Voted the obvious and what should have been done last season, to replace the coaching and management staff, anything involving ownership is a wasted vote. I don't think Benning is clear to even make minor transactions at this point.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BCExpat wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:12 pm
BCExpat wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:00 am From an outsider's point of view, I think you have to clean house as far as coaching and the GM's office. Green can't seem to get this young, talented group going and Benning has made some pretty bad decisions in both drafting and trades (most of the memorable ones to the benefit my Flames).
Flames fans probably want Benning here for the next decade. He’s only handed Calgary a top 5 goalie, two top four D men and a first line winger. Give him time, I’m sure there’s more. :|
Us too.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The coaching change is an obvious one.

I was torn on the GM vs POHO. Went with the POHO because that guy could replace the GM if that's what is necessary.....so it's kinda like picking 3 options for the price of 2.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Mëds wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:27 pm
BCExpat wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:12 pm
Us too.

Nah I don't think you do. He's young and way too talented not to turn it around at some point.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Mëds wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:31 pm The coaching change is an obvious one.

I was torn on the GM vs POHO. Went with the POHO because that guy could replace the GM if that's what is necessary.....so it's kinda like picking 3 options for the price of 2.
If Benning and Aquaman choose the POHO, then Benning will get a whole new rope. It might take him a long time to hang himself. I’ve always liked Benning’s drafting, and thought he wasn’t given a fair shake by the Gillis sycophants from day one, but the moves since signing Pearson have been baffling to me, so I chose GM over POHOs, but I’d like to see both jobs filed with new people. They need someone with a better eye to make the right signings and trades at the NHL level, no matter how good the prospects he drafts are.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:30 pm
Mëds wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:31 pm The coaching change is an obvious one.

If Benning and Aquaman choose the POHO, then Benning will get a whole new rope. It might take him a long time to hang himself. I’ve always liked Benning’s drafting, and thought he wasn’t given a fair shake by the Gillis sycophants from day one, but the moves since signing Pearson have been baffling to me, so I chose GM over POHOs, but I’d like to see both jobs filed with new people. They need someone with a better eye to make the right signings and trades at the NHL level, no matter how good the prospects he drafts are.
I'm OK with Benning having some Rope if it keeps him around for drafting talent.....mostly because that rope will be held by the new PoHO.

I have also reached the point where I think it's time for change at both positions. As I said, it was the only way to land 2 for the price of 3. :P