An Apathetic Death

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Where do you land in terms of give a shit factor?

Don't miss a game, plan the parade after a win and burn it all down in a total rage when they lose, wearing Canuck coloured shades 24/7.
4%
Regularly tune in, a win means a good day tomorrow and a loss means I'll be hyper-analyzing, hungover, and grumpy tomorrow.
8%
Regularly tune in, yell at the TV over mistakes, cheer the big plays, but once the game is over life goes on.
54%
Usually tune in, don't really care too much about the outcome, just watching to be up to speed in conversations at CC.
No votes
Usually tune in, but it's just out of habit and I'm probably doing something else at the same time.
8%
Half-time viewer, catch the highlights, salute the wins but don't get too hung up over a loss.
8%
Other priorities but will set the VCR and watch later while skipping commercials.
4%
The team is background noise, something to talk about but I don't give a shit either way.
No votes
Don't watch at all, I'm just here because the quality of reprobate on this hockey talk message board is so damned high.
15%

Total votes: 26

donlever
CC Legend

Re: An Apathetic Death

Post by donlever »

Derlago then.

Maybe that's who I'm thinking of.
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:14 pm Derlago then.

Maybe that's who I'm thinking of.
Billy D. He tore the WHL a new one before he got here. His cousin Jason is a good buddy. There’s a good athlete. He played baseball with Walker for the Reds. A few years older than me, fucker is still playing baseball at 55.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Yeah, I was a fan of Derlago and Vaive and had high hopes for them as Canucks.

We never gave them much of a shot, that trade always bugged me. I mean Vaive only scored like 350 goals over the next 8 or 9 years
DeLevering since 1999.
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

donlever wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:25 pm Yeah, I was a fan of Derlago and Vaive and had high hopes for them as Canucks.

We never gave them much of a shot, that trade always bugged me. I mean Vaive only scored like 350 goals over the next 8 or 9 years
It was the Canucks curse, a lot of players went on to have successful careers elsewhere after being traded from the Canucks.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Billy Derlago was an unbelievable talent, I couldn't believe it when the Canucks landed him in the draft. I remember watching him being interviewed in-studio on Sports Page, and he was clearly carrying too much weight, then after being sent to the minors he came back and was lighting it up before the Potvin hit on a HNIC game. The two early nicknames I remember with the team were Hanlon being called "The Franchise" and the players had already started calling Derlago "King" prior to the hit. That draft was good for them, Derlago, Fraser, Smyl, and then two tough depth guys in "Motor City Smitty" Brad Smith and Gerry Minor. The next one was good too with Vaive, Ashton, and Dirk Graham, so lots of forwards but nothing on D.

Canucks could have done a lot worse than running a healthy Derlago and Gradin down the middle for a decade. In fact, a top six of Gradin-Smyl-Fraser and Delago-Vaive-Lever, who was still only mid 20's and a very solid player, would have served them well. The defense would have held them back.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:30 pm
donlever wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pmRota
Donny have you seen Rota all tweaking and shit? He's a weird fuckin dude man
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:31 am Doc where is that Darcy Rota tweaking gif you shared a number of times

He could be an alien...
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Yeah the D drafting was unfortunate.

Lanz Petit Daigneault...your boy Butcher was mixed in there but other than that swings and misses.
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:45 pm Image
I said you don't
Wanna fuck with Ro-ta
('Cause why?)
'Cause Ro-ta, will fuckin' kill you
(hahaha)
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:24 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:58 am Darcy Rota is a great guy and an unbelievable athlete. I played some ball against him years ago and golfed behind him a few times at alumni tourneys, and you won't meet a better person. Fast skater, physical, good scrapper, and a solid scorer, Canucks could use a player like that down the left side right about now.
Helluva golfer too I am told.

Rota had "Imma kill you MF'er" eyes when he was fighting or pissed.

This current team with a Rota, a Fraser and a Diduck added is a completely different animal.

And those are not Superstar HOF players.

Just good, tough, honest hockey players.

We still produce those in Canada right (I know Fraser is American thanks)?
Agree with the gist of your post.

Re: Darcy Rota's eyes...

It seemed his eyes lit up like that only after a cheapshot from the opposition on ANY of his teammates

... and he'd skate from one end of the ice to the other to get at the perp.

I loved that about him!
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Rotas actually sitting in Club 500 there I believe...
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yes, I believe he is...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:45 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:30 pm
donlever wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pmRota
Donny have you seen Rota all tweaking and shit? He's a weird fuckin dude man
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:31 am Doc where is that Darcy Rota tweaking gif you shared a number of times

He could be an alien...
That's the one lol
If you need air...call it in
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:40 am It’s quite simple for me, the Canucks are too slow of a group, especially their top core player group. Green could not stop saying it in post game last night, I’ve been saying it for awhile. This is on Benning IMO.
:shock:
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:41 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:40 am It’s quite simple for me, the Canucks are too slow of a group, especially their top core player group. Green could not stop saying it in post game last night, I’ve been saying it for awhile. This is on Benning IMO.
Whoever the new gm is, he's going to have to find him some pro scouts. That's been our disaster area imho.
el rey del mambo
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:41 pm
I seem to recall Mëds saying that team speed can actually be determined by how a team is passing and manning the puck fwd as a unit, if the passes aren't on, then the players fwd progress is disrupted as is the whole unit's fwd progress. So everyone not being on the same page is more of a coaching issue.... and Benning not firing Green is probably more of an ownership issue
cc oldtimer