WTF is up with Pettersson? (Poll)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

WTF is up with Pettersson?

He's nursing an unknown injury.
13%
He's still working himself into game shape.
16%
He doesn't want to be here.
3%
Sabotaging the coach.
No votes
Nothing is wrong - he'll come around soon.
29%
Nothing is wrong - this is what we have now.
16%
It's a mental thing / he's distracted.
16%
It's a coaching problem.
6%

Total votes: 31

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: WTF is up with Pettersson? (Poll)

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:16 am Plus, I have people to wash my balls for me.

:mrgreen:
Ahhhh, so that's how you know Mëds.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

multiple factors (wrist injury, rust, confidence, pouty, opposition awareness)
el rey del mambo
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:51 pm
donlever wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:16 am Plus, I have people to wash my balls for me.

I mean everything's clean which is great and all but how did I end up in the middle of this?
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds, blame Mëds...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:51 pm

:lol: :lol:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:49 am I don't know if anyone else has suggested this one, but how about:

He is a slightly built and proportionately physically fragile young man playing in the most vicious, predatory league in professional sport without any kind of protector. He has been injured enough times now to have a visceral sense of the danger he is in. He is therefore --perhaps only subconsciously, but certainly rationally -- frightened of a crippling injury, and so avoids both occasions for physical contact, and play that would motivate opponents to eliminate him.

The NFL has bitten the bullet on the urgency of the need to protect quarterbacks to preserve their entertainment value, and accepted the wrath of fans at increasingly weak and cheesy roughing the passer calls. The NHL frequently makes noises about protecting its stars, but those in charge of officiating have made the calculation that fans prefer things as they are, or at least would not accept any sudden changes.

Gretsky had Semenko; Bure had Odjick. I think that the Canucks' most urgent need is security for Pettersson. Given the usual low cost of such players, I think it's at least worth doing the experiment.
Definitely food for thought. :hmmm:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Green made the decision on his final line up. Choosing the likes of useless Dowling, Highmore and Chiasson over Gadjovich and MacEwan is so Green. The team has no spine whatsoever
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:59 am Green made the decision on his final line up. Choosing the likes of useless Dowling, Highmore and Chiasson over Gadjovich and MacEwan is so Green. The team has no spine whatsoever
This team hasn’t had a spine for a decade. Gillis chopped the teams nuts off and Elmer was a butter soft player. He was never going to add hard nosed players. He hates that style of game and so does Travis
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:59 am Green made the decision on his final line up. Choosing the likes of useless Dowling, Highmore and Chiasson over Gadjovich and MacEwan is so Green. The team has no spine whatsoever
Other teams are picking up on this weakness. They know liberties can be taken and there wont be much push back. Nothing scary anyways. Must be pretty easy to scout the Canucks for teams next up.
"evolution"