WTF is up with Pettersson? (Poll)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

WTF is up with Pettersson?

He's nursing an unknown injury.
13%
He's still working himself into game shape.
16%
He doesn't want to be here.
3%
Sabotaging the coach.
No votes
Nothing is wrong - he'll come around soon.
29%
Nothing is wrong - this is what we have now.
16%
It's a mental thing / he's distracted.
16%
It's a coaching problem.
6%

Total votes: 31

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: WTF is up with Pettersson? (Poll)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2Fingers wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:05 am
He is just not into it right now, his brain is till back in Sweden.
Top shelf commentary from Hibiki
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:36 am
Arachnid wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:32 am…you can tell his confidence and strength is not there yet. It will get stronger….
His quickness has regressed and that can only be he let his off season training fall behind. Maybe all the duck faced photograms or whatever they are should be dropped and a more concerted effort placed into getting stronger/faster/better.

I predict he has a poor season but next year comes back ready to roll
He was more concerned about his “brand” than playing hockey, now he’s realizing he fucked up last year not staying in game shape when injured.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

donlever wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:45 am
BCExpat wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:18 am I think you have to give the guy a bit of leeway. He's still a young guy and he's just going through a bad stretch.
Easy for a guy to say who is living in the midst of a sky high euphoria while following a team that apparently can not lose and rarely gets scored on.

Everything is just peachy kean positive in the Expat world these days.

Your freaking car is probably washing itself these days as well.

:wink:
I actually don't watch any hockey these days. I'm not really invested at all. I've been around the block a few times as a flames fan, and I'm skeptical whenever they go on a run, especially with virtually the same team they had last year, which shit the bed. So, I don't have sky high euphoria. As for my vehicles - the only washing they are getting between now and next spring, is if I leave them out in the rain (more like snow these days). :roll:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Yeah...I know it Expat...I've read your prior comments on the Flames and the game.....just playing.

I'm in the same boat here.

Sans the pseudo euphoria due to the current state of the team.

Plus, I have people to wash the car for me.

:mrgreen:
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The Lames will be burnt out by April. It's the curse of "buying in" to Sutter and his strategy.

The best teams all seem to win games they shouldn't when they don't matter as much and then ramp it up come playoffs. Will Daryll have anybody fresh when they need to ramp that shit up?

I can see things coming apart down the stretch when all of a sudden the plodders on that defense start showing their lack of mobility
If you need air...call it in
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:28 am The Lames will be burnt out by April. It's the curse of "buying in" to Sutter and his strategy.

The best teams all seem to win games they shouldn't when they don't matter as much and then ramp it up come playoffs. Will Daryll have anybody fresh when they need to ramp that shit up?

I can see things coming apart down the stretch when all of a sudden the plodders on that defense start showing their lack of mobility
You might be right, except that they actually have a fairly fast D group - especially with the emergence of Kylington.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

donlever wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:16 am Yeah...I know it Expat...I've read your prior comments on the Flames and the game.....just playing.

I'm in the same boat here.

Sans the pseudo euphoria due to the current state of the team.

Plus, I have people to wash the car for me.

:mrgreen:
You might have to "lose" some staff when you retire :roll: :lol:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:08 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:36 am
Arachnid wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:32 am…you can tell his confidence and strength is not there yet. It will get stronger….
His quickness has regressed and that can only be he let his off season training fall behind. Maybe all the duck faced photograms or whatever they are should be dropped and a more concerted effort placed into getting stronger/faster/better.

I predict he has a poor season but next year comes back ready to roll
He was more concerned about his “brand” than playing hockey, now he’s realizing he fucked up last year not staying in game shape when injured.
Thanks for dialing it all in for us. I feel much better. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

When the Islanders got off to a slow start, I looked at their stats and saw Anders Lee, who had missed 29 games last season as well as all of the playoffs had only 2 points, both goals. Jonathan Drouin missed a dozen regular season games and all of the playoffs games the Habs played on their drive to the Stanley cup final and he has 7 points in 11 games, just 2 points better than Petterson. Of course Drouin has been an underachiever most of his NHL career so less is expected of him. Pavel Bure had a mediocre season in '96-'97 after his return from knee surgery the previous season. There are players who don't get their game back that quickly returning from injury and it appears Petterson is one. It doesn't help that the power play is a mess where skilled players collect many of their stats. Some of that is on the players but much of that is coaching as well. With the big contract he signed, more is expected of him, which is understandable. I use a standard of six weeks which through my experience is the amount of time it takes to get to top conditioning after injury or layoff. Let's see where Petterson is when Winnipeg comes to town.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I don't know what has happened to the kid, but he seems weak and hesitant and rarely on the same page as his linemates. Not only is he easier to push off the puck but often times he's just falling and stumbling and fumbling with nary a soul around.

He basically went from Forsberg swagger to Naslund fragility. Completely lost his confidence.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:59 am
donlever wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:15 am

Who said this is what we have now?

5 bucks on Reef!!

:P
Reef is among almost 40% of people who feel the same way :sly:
Okay so Reef, Blob, and Nuckster.

The usual suspects. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I picked he doesn’t want to be here. Just feel that he is not all into the game so far this season. Not to say it won’t change and he starts putting up the points and becomes the player we saw 2 seasons ago.

But right now he is playing like he wants to be anywhere else except in an orca jersey.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:08 am It seems more mental than physical to me (just a guess).
Agreed.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2Fingers wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:20 pm I picked he doesn’t want to be here. Just feel that he is not all into the game so far this season. Not to say it won’t change and he starts putting up the points and becomes the player we saw 2 seasons ago.

But right now he is playing like he wants to be anywhere else except in an orca jersey.
Are you to 3 fingers now? That’s some delusionalness.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:29 pm
2Fingers wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:20 pm I picked he doesn’t want to be here. Just feel that he is not all into the game so far this season. Not to say it won’t change and he starts putting up the points and becomes the player we saw 2 seasons ago.

Are you to 3 fingers now? That’s some delusionalness.
Don’t you have some threads to Micky all over? Adults are talking here.