Canucks Window

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Window

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

theman wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:08 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:45 am God I have a lot of teams. Hilarious really… news to me. :lol:
Vin watching the NHL

Lol that’s about it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blobster did you spin yourself up a fat bomb cyclone log?

Watching storms roll in fried is a hobby of mine. We had a tornado rip roof chunks off some.of.my.outbuildimgs a couple of summers ago and I had a blast..

it was like Twister, the one armed man rolling spliffs (not the Def Leppard drummer to avoid confusion)
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:13 am Blobster did you spin yourself up a fat bomb cyclone log?

Watching storms roll in fried is a hobby of mine. We had a tornado rip roof chunks off some.of.my.outbuildimgs a couple of summers ago and I had a blast..

it was like Twister, the one armed man rolling spliffs (not the Def Leppard drummer to avoid confusion)
We aren’t getting much of the storm here. It has pissed rain hard the last two nights but there’s been no heavy winds yet. I think in between the coast and the island to the north end has been hit the hardest.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:23 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:13 am Blobster did you spin yourself up a fat bomb cyclone log?

We aren’t getting much of the storm here. It has pissed rain hard the last two nights but there’s been no heavy winds yet. I think in between the coast and the island to the north end has been hit the hardest.
The old man's in Vic right now and he says it's a full on shiticane over there
If you need air...call it in
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

So as far as the Canucks' window goes, there is no window as long as Green is coach. They need to gas him and bring in a veteran coach, then trade Miller for the best physical, stay at home defenseman they can get. The sooner, the better.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:55 am So as far as the Canucks' window goes, there is no window as long as Green is coach. They need to gas him and bring in a veteran coach, then trade Miller for the best physical, stay at home defenseman they can get. The sooner, the better.
There's no veteran coach who's going to get much better results while Petey is playing tentative and not making plays while playing the full PP and starting most shifts in the o zone.

The top line isn't going for a 7 game stretch, which is cutting projected offense in half. I can't say that watching Petey struggle makes me blame the coach.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

ESQ wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:09 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:55 am So as far as the Canucks' window goes, there is no window as long as Green is coach. They need to gas him and bring in a veteran coach, then trade Miller for the best physical, stay at home defenseman they can get. The sooner, the better.
There's no veteran coach who's going to get much better results while Petey is playing tentative and not making plays while playing the full PP and starting most shifts in the o zone.

The top line isn't going for a 7 game stretch, which is cutting projected offense in half. I can't say that watching Petey struggle makes me blame the coach.
A veteran coach could put in a system and structure that makes them tougher to play against as a team, it elevates the play of all the players, and if you have the talent throughout the lineup as Canucks appear to with their top 9, makes it increasingly more difficult for the opposition to plan around one or two players or the top line. Pettersson would be one of the biggest benefactors, and if not, that's when they cut bait with the guy.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:14 am

A veteran coach could put in a system and structure that makes them tougher to play against as a team, it elevates the play of all the players, and if you have the talent throughout the lineup as Canucks appear to with their top 9, makes it increasingly more difficult for the opposition to plan around one or two players or the top line. Pettersson would be one of the biggest benefactors, and if not, that's when they cut bait with the guy.
what defines a 'Veteran Coach'?

what about almost 5 years and 300 games of experience? does that qualify?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

His best work was obviously in the 19/20 shortened season. Got iffy just before the shutdown but generally he deployed and motivated, (or let them motivate themselves), the team well. The resulting bubble playoffs were as well played as our roster would allow for. Last year was complete and utter garbage of a schedule riddled with Covid 19 cases.
I, for one, am surprised that TG hasn't got more from his team in this young season. Team looks confused and unprepared for what their opponents are throwing at them. I've always maintained that Green is too quick to shuffle his lines, (personnel that practiced together), around too quickly.
We also have to take in to consideration what reaction Brad Shaw is having on the team's performance as he is doing much of the on ice training and prep work. It was made for public consumption but the video that showed him practicing with the team, teaching drills and positioning was dynamic.
Whatever; There's been a more then usual change in personnel for 21/22 but pretty soon we need to see some real team chemestry.
"evolution"
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:01 am

Not to put words in old Curms mouth but I think by veteran he meant to imply someone that knows what the fuck they're doing...

But that's just my take...
DeLevering since 1999.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

donlever wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:31 am

Not to put words in old Curms mouth but I think by veteran he meant to imply someone that knows what the fuck they're doing...

Ideally somebody with some playoff success. I think green is a great coach for young talent, but when it comes to implementing a solid system the players can execute I think he’s running into problems. I think the players are a little to comfortable with him as the coach and they need a shakeup.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

From the Unofficial Lever 2000 Urban Dictionary...

vet·er·an coach
[ vet-er-uhn, ve-truhn ] | [ kohch ]

Definition:

to give instruction or advice; instruct... from someone who knows what the fuck they're doing
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

This just about covers it. lol

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Arachnid wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:04 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:23 pm
Arachnid wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:53 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:33 pm
Arachnid wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:31 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:26 pm Hey Spidey, Micky tells us he had "an EPIC battle" with you.

Is that true?

(cuz none of us remember it)
Whodafuckis sMacky! :mex:
That's what I thought. :lol:

Well he used to be Fred and he calls himself Mick but he's really Gomer.
Oooooh Fredricka …goes by they, them,who….nope, never heard of them…

This is the little gomer right here:
Micky wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:00 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:41 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:18 am Wonder what really happened to Arachnid. We fought like crazy. He was like the guy that kept throwing me in the water till
I finally learned how to swim. Doubt if we'd fight much now.
Some of those scraps were like even timed, strategized, but sometimes spontaneous.
People were almost trying to get ring-side seats.
I miss that guy.
None of this really happened micky107.
Yes it did Boyle. It was epic.
Seems you're like the father he never had.
I not am your father sMickey….I am the foot to your ant…

So, Ghomers ‘Epic Battles’ were nothing more than more lies??

Shocking.

#postcount
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:59 pm

This just about covers it. lol

Hey, for the record, I am not defending Green as a coach, or judging his skills at that job, I am just saying he can’t not be considered a rookie anymore.