Out of Town Scores - 2021-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Out of Town Scores - 2021-22

Post by Cornuck »

A new year, a new season.

Watched the first Kraken game last night against the Knights (starting their 5th year?! :shock: ) - and the Kracken-hos gave them a handful. Not a pretty game by any stretch, but the comeback made it interesting.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: Out of Town Scores - 2021-22

Post by 5thhorseman »

Yeah I watched the 3rd of that one too. The krackheads will not be pushovers.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:40 pm Yeah I watched the 3rd of that one too. The krackheads will not be pushovers.
One good thing. That game was as full of bad plays and turnovers as any Canuck preseason games were. ;)
Vegas might just take a step back this year.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I didn't watch this game.

Is VGK still the same elite team or have they dropped off a bit without Fleury and their core guys getting older?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Chef's favorite Mason McTavish is killing it in his debut.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:46 pm Chef's favorite Mason McTavish is killing it in his debut.
The kid is a beaut. The Anaheim Ducks got a nice future
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Sharks beat Habs 5-0 at Bell Centre.
Dahlén scored the first two goals, both of the game and of his NHL career.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Everybody loves Raymond.

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Jonah the whale makes his debut with the Sharks and gets his first point. Not the fastest skater but gets there without ahem, Chasing.

Gadjovich's passing and playmaking way better than some of the vets that we have. We lose prospects, however marginal, for nothing and sit out prospects with great potential... for what exactly? Better offence? Nope. Better defence? No. Better checking? Yah right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I've seen the wisdom in most of Benning"s moves but this one in keeping both Petan and Chase-is -on over Gad and Zach has me not only puzzled but pissed off. A waste of two prospects who we never gave a really chance to. Well maybe Zach to some extent. I know neither are/will be world beaters but for bottom six depth and some muscle Benning blew this one. If all our fourth line can do is bring muscle and hurt then its worlds better than what we have kept. Gad in front of the net on the PP could not be any worse that Chase-is-on. Someone to lay a beat down or give a good ride into the boards ala Tanev on Settle is what we need.

Dahlen I'm still uneasy that we gave up on him so soon. Why not let him go back to Sweden fort a year or two and mature. He has a great shot. Doesn't play tuff like Hoglander but one never knows when your team struggles to find offence where it may come from. But I get Benning plays hard ball with rookies and those RFA types.

I wonder if he had to do it again if we he would have done the same thing. Gad and Mac I mean. He should have kept both but in the very least one of them. Petan and Chase-is-on dont kill on the PK so that excise doesn't wash. Just stupidity.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:38 am Jonah the whale makes his debut with the Sharks and gets his first point. Not the fastest skater but gets there without ahem, Chasing.

Gadjovich's passing and playmaking way better than some of the vets that we have. We lose prospects, however marginal, for nothing and sit out prospects with great potential... for what exactly? Better offence? Nope. Better defence? No. Better checking? Yah right.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I hope he does well! Good team mate, character guy. Chiasson is meh and Petan has had so many chances and never really has amounted to much.
Gadjovich is 22 with potentially the ability to grow his game to a serious NHL caliber regular. Oh well. :roll:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:32 am I hope he does well! Good team mate, character guy.
Gadjovich is 22 with potentially the ability to grow his game to a serious NHL caliber regular.

Hmmm...

Micky wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:16 pm He's got drive and his goal continues to be to play in the NHL.

Good Luck
Micky wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:31 am Gadjovich was a good guy with still room to get better.
Micky wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:49 am Gadjovich is an improving 22 yr. old.
Micky wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:32 am Wish (Gadjovich) all the best of luck. Kind of figured it was just a matter of time that he hits his stride. They loved him in Utica. Real team first guy.
Hey Micky, how old is Gadjovich (we have no idea).

Young enough to still improve?

And if so does he have what it takes to improve in your opinion?

How about his character and personality... good?

Do you like this player Mick? Do you wish him well?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:19 pm
Micky wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:32 am I hope he does well! Good team mate, character guy.
Gadjovich is 22 with potentially the ability to grow his game to a serious NHL caliber regular.

Hmmm...

Micky wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:16 pm He's got drive and his goal continues to be to play in the NHL.

Good Luck
Micky wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:31 am Gadjovich was a good guy with still room to get better.
Micky wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:49 am Gadjovich is an improving 22 yr. old.
Micky wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:32 am Wish (Gadjovich) all the best of luck. Kind of figured it was just a matter of time that he hits his stride. They loved him in Utica. Real team first guy.
Hey Micky, how old is Gadjovich (we have no idea).

Young enough to still improve?

And if so does he have what it takes to improve in your opinion?

How about his character and personality... good?

Do you like this player Mick? Do you wish him well?
Perhaps I should jump back on the wagon and help you out..
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:24 pm Perhaps I should jump back on the wagon and help you out..
Well I don't know about that but would you mind telling Micky that Gadjovich is 23. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:07 am I've seen the wisdom in most of Benning"s moves but this one in keeping both Petan and Chase-is -on over Gad and Zach has me not only puzzled but pissed off. A waste of two prospects who we never gave a really chance to. Well maybe Zach to some extent. I know neither are/will be world beaters but for bottom six depth and some muscle Benning blew this one. If all our fourth line can do is bring muscle and hurt then its worlds better than what we have kept. Gad in front of the net on the PP could not be any worse that Chase-is-on. Someone to lay a beat down or give a good ride into the boards ala Tanev on Settle is what we need.

Dahlen I'm still uneasy that we gave up on him so soon. Why not let him go back to Sweden fort a year or two and mature. He has a great shot. Doesn't play tuff like Hoglander but one never knows when your team struggles to find offence where it may come from. But I get Benning plays hard ball with rookies and those RFA types.

I wonder if he had to do it again if we he would have done the same thing. Gad and Mac I mean. He should have kept both but in the very least one of them. Petan and Chase-is-on dont kill on the PK so that excise doesn't wash. Just stupidity.
If you second guess the coaches it sets up division, benning let’s his coaches make the call on personnel. Losing Gadjovich sucks but the team was still looking at the best scenario for him which would have been 20 minutes a night playing all situations in Abbotsford with call-up duty. Keeping a guy up to play limited minutes for a coach that won’t use him is a setup for disaster. I do think green is on a short leash though, he’s gotten everything he could want in player personnel time to start producing.