2021-22 Predictions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How will Canucks do this year?

Shit the bed / great draft pick.
6%
Out of the playoffs
10%
Make the playoffs / slip in / late wild card
23%
Solid team the makes the playoffs
13%
Wins 1 round
29%
Wins 2 rounds
6%
Wins the West
3%
Goes. All. The. Way.
10%

Total votes: 31

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2021-22 Predictions

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Everything generally sorts itself out to within a probability of at least 90% between US Thanksgiving and the first week of December. Sure there’s the odd Blues squad or even the 01/02 Canucks that set their hair on fire and killed it in the last 2/3 of the season, but not very often. Green is on borrowed time. And if they completely shit the bed, Elms is likely out. Maybe Frankie eats at the kids table while one of the other brothers sort it out.

It’s make or break time. They go one way or the other. Treading water here doesn’t save Green. He needs 6 / 8 or 8 /10.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

donlever wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:12 pm
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:06 pm I'm sure no one here wants to read posts on my old themes.
Well, you could check with Mick but my guess would be the mere activity of posting doesn't necessarily equate to reaching a substantive audience.

So you may be safe regardless.
What exactly are you talking about?
"evolution"
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:06 pm I'm sure no one here wants to read posts on my old themes.
Well, you could check with Mick but my guess would be the mere activity of posting doesn't necessarily equate to reaching a substantive audience.

My impressions from the reactions were that they objected to the content, not the frequency.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:45 pm Everything generally sorts itself out to within a probability of at least 90% between US Thanksgiving and the first week of December. Sure there’s the odd Blues squad or even the 01/02 Canucks that set their hair on fire and killed it in the last 2/3 of the season, but not very often.out.
That's an interesting comparison - the Champion Blues and the 01/02 Canucks. And if I'm not mistaken, both turned it on in the new year?

I'm not drawing any parallels to this year's team, just think it's funny that both turned it around at roughly the same time. And both with unexpected goalies - Binnington and Bargain Bob Essensa.
Treading water here doesn’t save Green. He needs 6 / 8 or 8 /10.
I guess that's what scares me most - I do think this is a good team, I don't think it's Green's fault that Petey is tentative and shitty or that his top PK is injured to start the year, but I think the team needs a catalyst like a coaching change.

If this is what the player's wanted, they'd have gotten it from their exit interviews 5 months ago. But it may be a case where what the players want isn't in their interest. Or maybe they're all so soured on how Green did poor Juolevi in the bag skate that they've completely turned on him :lol:
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I do agree that Travis is on thin ice, so much more was expected of the team this year, key players are underperforming and Mr Aquilini must be getting extremely frustrated by this. Having unloaded tons of cash and draft assets and gone all in to challenge for the Stanley Cup this year he had some very lofty expectations for the team. For this reason we're probably only a couple of more losses away from some kind of major shake up. And mostly likely it will be the coach that takes the fall.

However I cannot agree that Jimmy is in any kind of peril himself. As Mr Aquilini's right hand man in the hockey department he is a crucial source of knowledge and hands on experience that Mr Aquilini relies upon to help guide him in running the hockey department. Without his trusted assistant Jimmy, Mr Aquilini could not realistically run the hockey club, he simply hasn't gained the experience to do so and I think he realizes this perfectly well. For this reason I expect our management 'dream team' of Mr Aquilini and Jimmy to remain in place for many more years to come.
el rey del mambo
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:55 pm For this reason I expect our management 'dream team' of Mr Aquilini and Jimmy to remain in place for many more years to come.
The term "dripping with sarcasm" appears at least as early as 1892 in a newspaper article......
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Management dream team. Lmao. Sadly though I think there is a little Jerry Jones or Al Davis in Frank. Hopefully Luigi isn’t blind to how much of a meat puppet his son is.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:55 pm I do agree that Travis is on thin ice, so much more was expected of the team this year, key players are underperforming and Mr Aquilini must be getting extremely frustrated by this. Having unloaded tons of cash and draft assets and gone all in to challenge for the Stanley Cup this year he had some very lofty expectations for the team. For this reason we're probably only a couple of more losses away from some kind of major shake up. And mostly likely it will be the coach that takes the fall.

However I cannot agree that Jimmy is in any kind of peril himself. As Mr Aquilini's right hand man in the hockey department he is a crucial source of knowledge and hands on experience that Mr Aquilini relies upon to help guide him in running the hockey department. Without his trusted assistant Jimmy, Mr Aquilini could not realistically run the hockey club, he simply hasn't gained the experience to do so and I think he realizes this perfectly well. For this reason I expect our management 'dream team' of Mr Aquilini and Jimmy to remain in place for many more years to come.
Funny, but true. There is a reason why Jim hasn’t been fired yet. As soon as you fight against the Aqualini’s (Gillis and Nonis) you’re let go, Jim is a Yes Man, he’s just trying to survive here pretty much, remarkably so. I don’t see any legit GM’s wanting to work here in this environment
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Maybe they can hire that oily looking dude with the tacky gold chains who sits behind the Canucks bench...he looks like a paisano who would fit in
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:00 am Maybe they can hire that oily looking dude with the tacky gold chains who sits behind the Canucks bench...he looks like a paisano who would fit in
Maybe they should hire Cuz
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:03 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:00 am Maybe they can hire that oily looking dude with the tacky gold chains who sits behind the Canucks bench...he looks like a paisano who would fit in
Maybe they should hire Cuz
I am focused on judging harshly from afar. It wouldn't be fair to my fans
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:46 pm

What exactly are you talking about?
:D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:55 pm I do agree that Travis is on thin ice, so much more was expected of the team this year, key players are underperforming and Mr Aquilini must be getting extremely frustrated by this. Having unloaded tons of cash and draft assets and gone all in to challenge for the Stanley Cup this year he had some very lofty expectations for the team. For this reason we're probably only a couple of more losses away from some kind of major shake up. And mostly likely it will be the coach that takes the fall.

This post had me honestly chuckling out loud.
____
Try to focus on someday.