Hamonic's Decision

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What will he decide to do?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:19 pm

play for the Canucks
13%
Play somewhere else
No votes
stay home dad
50%
NASA space program
13%
study mime in France
25%

Total votes: 16

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Hamonic's Decision

Post by Carl Yagro »

donlever wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:38 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:36 pm BC Liquor stores don't require proof of vax. Would be a lot of angry Kens and Karens if that were to change.
...nah, you'd just have a bunch of dudes(ettes) 19 and over hanging outside with the high school crowd getting people to grab their booze for 'em....
Donny, I live near the liquor distribution branch and store. I've been in this city most of my life and have seen how people have acted the last 2 or so years.

Masks off. I've seen adult tantrums and seen close to fisticuffs at family establishments like grocery chains. If this were mandated at liquor stores? It would literally be a riot. People have actually been very good with masks, but proof of vax would not go over very well.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:45 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:36 pm BC Liquor stores don't require proof of vax. Would be a lot of angry Kens and Karens if that were to change.
...nah, you'd just have a bunch of dudes(ettes) 19 and over hanging outside with the high school crowd getting people to grab their booze for 'em....
Donny, I live near the liquor distribution branch and store. I've been in this city most of my life and have seen how people have acted the last 2 or so years.

Masks off. I've seen adult tantrums and seen close to fisticuffs at family establishments like grocery chains. If this were mandated at liquor stores? It would literally be a riot. People have actually been very good with masks, but proof of vax would not go over very well.

Yeah, yeah, I watch the psychopaths out there too (hence my ongoing small town shuffle).

Just a sad effort at humour was all...
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

like the Williams Lake Indians who are banned from the store
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

donlever wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:54 pm Yeah, yeah, I watch the psychopaths out there too (hence my ongoing small town shuffle).

Just a sad effort at humour was all...
Sorry mang, the vaccine must have blocked my humour detection receptors.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:45 pm

Oh, I am organizing the boys as we speak.

I was ok with masks (I don’t believe they work, most are useless). I was ok with the vax. I am even ok with a passport when used for travelling. (You kmow, the DEFINITION of the word ‘passport’)

But it’s not good enough to simply show my vax card, But have my private health shit scanned by a snot nosed kid who can’t tell me who is reading this information? THAT is down right nazi fucked up.

No papers, no booze??

Get fucked.

Gawd damn good thing they have not come for my fucking guns yet.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:24 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:47 am I went in a dozen restaurants in BC over the past week and was showing my trade qualification card as my Alberta vaxx pass.

:lol:

This whole thing a giant sham
Oh great. So you cheat the system and are proud of it.
I'm full vaccinated but we don't have the scan card here, only vaxx records. So when I was visiting BC I showed it the first couple of times but they didn't even look at it so I was showing my red seal card and they did the exact same thing
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:14 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:47 am I went in a dozen restaurants in BC over the past week and was showing my trade qualification card as my Alberta vaxx pass.

I'm full vaccinated but we don't have the scan card here, only vaxx records. So when I was visiting BC I showed it the first couple of times but they didn't even look at it so I was showing my red seal card and they did the exact same thing
Do red seal cards come from Newfoundland?

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:18 pm

If they didn't we would never get them from the Albertans. The newfies are the only ones who actually work out here
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:21 pm
Topper wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:18 pm

If they didn't we would never get them from the Albertans. The newfies are the only ones who actually work out here
It raises the average IQ of both Provinces

theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Any official word yet? I am pretty sure time is up for him to make up his mind.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

It's 2pm PST.

Last call for Hamonic?

Hey Travis, have you figured it out yet?
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

theman wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:43 am So what is it now? 2 hours and 10 minutes until D - Day?
No, the deadline seems to be midnight eastern.

Nothing yet, but apparently no players have opted out anywhere across the league.

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/statu ... 87815?s=20
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

So, collect the paycheck but not go to work anyway, This seems to have opting out beat all to hell.

I wish I had considered that angle for the poll...

Canucks PR
@CanucksPR
·
4m
On behalf of Jim Benning: “We’ve received confirmation that Travis Hamonic will not be opting out this season. He remains at home, dealing with some personal matters. We continue to support him, and out of respect for the situation, we will have no further comment at this time.”

https://twitter.com/CanucksPR/status/14 ... 50401?s=20
Last edited by Megaterio Llamas on Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Would not surprise me if a trade is being worked on...
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:53 pm Would not surprise me if a trade is being worked on...
He's literally radioactive :lol:
el rey del mambo