Hamonic's Decision

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What will he decide to do?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:19 pm

play for the Canucks
13%
Play somewhere else
No votes
stay home dad
50%
NASA space program
13%
study mime in France
25%

Total votes: 16

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Hamonic's Decision

Post by Carl Yagro »

I voted for 6 of 9 with 7 of 9

Assimilate me.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

theman wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:07 pm Sekeres (According to Taj)
Sekeres said his understanding is Hamonic asked the Canucks if he could play unvaccinated and the Canucks declined.
https://twitter.com/taj1944/status/1443341896567324675

Surely the Canucks discussed this with him when he re-signed? If they didn't, what a screw up by Benning.
At the time he signed I dont think the NHL and PA had agreed on a Covid protocol or vaccination policy? Perhaps Benning didn't know that the team could insist or that unvaccinated players would have different protocols or.....Given what the team went through last year I can see Benning's point.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

If you wanna play hockey (or do basically anything these days) you better get in line for your Ahnenpass.

Ironic, on a day where we are remembering the atrocity that took place when government stepped in and mandated things for free people based on "the greater good" we are also discussing a NHL player who is uncertain about his future because he doesn't want a medical treatment that the government says he must have.

:lol:
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Just an FYI, if the numbers for Pettersson and Hughes come in as advertised, there is still space for Hamonic in the cap.

Currently the Canucks have about 16.5 million in cap space with a 21 man roster. This is included Ferland's LTIR.

Pettersson is $7.7 mil
Hughes is $7.75 mil

Total is: $15.45 mil, so about 1 mil in cap space, Good work Benning.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:27 pm If you wanna play hockey (or do basically anything these days) you better get in line for your Ahnenpass.

Ironic, on a day where we are remembering the atrocity that took place when government stepped in and mandated things for free people based on "the greater good" we are also discussing a NHL player who is uncertain about his future because he doesn't want a medical treatment that the government says he must have.

No idea what you are talking about. Get over it Mëds.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:32 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:27 pm If you wanna play hockey (or do basically anything these days) you better get in line for your Ahnenpass.

No idea what you are talking about. Get over it Mëds.
I'll never get over the infringement upon individual rights and the move to a society that is on a path to apartheid because of government over-reach.

Even if I agree with vaccination being a good thing I can't condone coercion for obtaining consent for medical treatment.

80% of Nazi Germany were considered "bystanders" while the remaining 20% were participants to various degrees. Do you think the holocaust could have happened if the 80% had not been silent? Do you think the residential school system could have happened if the majority of Canadians had stood up and said this is wrong?

If you are OK with watching individual's liberties being trampled on by the state under the moniker of "it's their own choice" and "it's for the greater good".....well I guess all I can say is enjoy your membership in the Nazi Party.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Anyways, gonna be tough to move Hamonic so last second.

But teams that have cap space rn in the States are: Kraken, Preds, Yotes, CBJ, Ducks, NJD, Wings, Sabres.

Redwings don't seem to mind to have players that aren't vaccinated ala Tyler Bertuzzi, they just can't play in Canada.
Detroit has two 2nd rounders next draft and 3 4th rounders avail, plus some right shot AHL dmen.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:48 pm Anyways, gonna be tough to move Hamonic so last second.

But teams that have cap space rn in the States are: Kraken, Preds, Yotes, CBJ, Ducks, NJD, Wings, Sabres.

Redwings don't seem to mind to have players that aren't vaccinated ala Tyler Bertuzzi, they just can't play in Canada.
Detroit has two 2nd rounders next draft and 3 4th rounders avail, plus some right shot AHL dmen.
I thought it was a league policy for vaccinations.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Skyo, we don't have to move Hamonic if he opts out...
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Mëds anti Nazi rant for freedom...
SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:48 pm Anyways.....back to the important things in life...
DeLevering since 1999.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:52 pm Skyo, we don't have to move Hamonic if he opts out...
Also, if the numbers are accurate, we can still fit him in under the cap too.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:51 pm
SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:48 pm Anyways, gonna be tough to move Hamonic so last second.

I thought it was a league policy for vaccinations.
Nope, it's a team choice.
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. — Tyler Bertuzzi explained his reasoning for refusing the COVID-19 vaccine as a “life choice.”

His decision means he cannot play in the nine games the Detroit Red Wings are in Canada because of border restrictions, but Bertuzzi doesn’t sound like he will be inclined to change his mind.

“It’s a personal choice, freedom of choice, and life choice,” Bertuzzi said Thursday after participating in the first day of training camp at Centre Ice Arena. “It’s a personal choice, and I made it.”

Bertuzzi, 26, said he made his decision with “family and fiancée's family. It’s personal choice. It’s personal.” Bertuzzi announced on social media earlier this month that his fiancee, Ashley Greasley, are expecting their first baby.

Teams cannot mandate a player be vaccinated, but they suspend him without pay for missing hockey activities. Bertuzzi would miss upwards of $400,000 because he cannot play in Canada.

General manager Steve Yzerman revealed Wednesday that Bertuzzi, a top-line forward, is the only Wings player to not be vaccinated.

"It's his decision,” Yzerman said. “I am not in a position to force anyone. We can't force anyone to get vaccinated. I personally am vaccinated, my family is vaccinated. I'll leave it at that.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 830545001/
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

donlever wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:53 pm Mëds anti Nazi rant for freedom...
SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:48 pm Anyways.....back to the important things in life...
:lol: :lol:
Strangelove wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:52 pm Skyo, we don't have to move Hamonic if he opts out...
True, well tomorrow we find out about everythang! contracts, hamonic decision. tgif
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:08 pm
donlever wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:53 pm Mëds anti Nazi rant for freedom...
:lol: :lol:
True, well tomorrow we find out about everythang! contracts, hamonic decision. tgif
Don't listen to him SKYO.....we'll need a whopper of a trade idea from you on Hamonic either way.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doc, never step on a guy for imagining we HAVE to make a trade!!! That’s shit is Skyo’s bread and butter! Seriously, imagine the different scenarios you just ruthlessly tore from him!!

:D :D

Skyo, you should prep some doomsday trade scenarios to clear the cap space, just in case :roll: ;)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.