Hamonic's Decision

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What will he decide to do?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:19 pm

play for the Canucks
13%
Play somewhere else
No votes
stay home dad
50%
NASA space program
13%
study mime in France
25%

Total votes: 16

donlever
CC Legend

Re: Hamonic's Decision

Post by donlever »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:37 pm The entire thread is speculation.
Yeah...shits going down.

Definetly major personal.

One day we may know.

Until then we don't.

We can presume Benning knew ahead of time...or not.

The rest of it is pure folly.

Which I suppose is what we do here....
DeLevering since 1999.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

If Hamonic had opted out of this season, the Canucks would have had the option to let the entire contract slide a year or to simply burn the first year of the deal. Hamonic wouldn’t have collected any further salary this season if the team had taken the latter option.

A week ago the team said he was dealing with a personal matter, but it’s one of the league’s worst-kept secrets that his absence is related to the NHL’s COVID-19 vaccination protocol, which places heavy restrictions on unvaccinated players, even allowing for players to be suspended without pay if they’re unable to come to the rink for work because of things like travel quarantine, local health rules requiring full vaccination for anyone entering an arena — as is the case in New York City — or contracting COVID-19 while unvaccinated.

To date, neither Hamonic nor Kevin Epp, his agent, has commented on the situation. It’s entirely possible that he’s had one dose of vaccine but the NHL has made it clear: fully vaccinated means two doses of a two-dose vaccine and the player must be two weeks clear of the second dose.

The one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine — available in the U.S., approved but never used in Canada — is also an option, with the same two-week rule required for full vaccination status. A player could travel to the U.S. to get a J & J jab but would have to quarantine for two weeks upon return to Canada. It’s believed this is what Edmonton Oilers defenceman Duncan Keith did last month, as the team announced two weeks ago he was getting vaccinated but would have to quarantine for two weeks.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... is-hamonic

el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Looks like Zac Rinaldo has also found a way to beat the system.

Enjoy your leisure time with full pay Zac!

el rey del mambo
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:37 pm The entire thread is speculation.
With the caveat above, I will say it again. The problem is not with the player, it is with the cities and states and provinces who ban people like Hamonic who have had Covid (reportedly) and require them to take a vaccine they don’t need doesn’t protect another person, and carries some risk (likely rate, but still can be severe). I am not even making the liberty objection here — though I am sympathetic to it as I don’t think we ought to create a two tiered society based based on “clean” and “unclean” with respect to covid. I am making a simple point that *even if you want to start discriminating on health status* a person who has had covid is “clean.” They likely pose *less* risk to others than those who are “fully vaccinated”. These players are not the problem. Capricious policy is the problem.
Hono_rary Canadian
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Topper wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:52 pm mental health

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The mental health problem is real and tangible, Topper.

You can observe it in the Public health officials and in those whose vision of reality is distorted by their arbitrary pronouncements.
Hono_rary Canadian
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Benning on Hamonic:

I talk to his agent everyday... We'll just have to be patient and support the player the best we can. When he's ready, he'll be here.
Looks like they're taking this very cautiously and supporting their player, while Hamonic deals with whatever issue(s) he's going through.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

If they have to suspend him for Cap reasons, I hope they don't have a presser on on it. Just register it with the league. If its a personal issue, Hammer doesn't need the media pressure or any of that crap that goes with it.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ca ... c-waivers/

Looks like Hamonic is on waivers now, maybe JB got pissed and just wants to get rid of this problem. If Hamonic is dealing with a personal issue, maybe he should join Carey Price in the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:05 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ca ... c-waivers/

Looks like Hamonic is on waivers now, maybe JB got pissed and just wants to get rid of this problem. If Hamonic is dealing with a personal issue, maybe he should join Carey Price in the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program.
Welcome to the party! Where have you been all day?
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:07 pm Welcome to the party! Where have you been all day?
*LOL* My bad, this discussion could have appeared in 3 different threads: "Hamonic's Decision", "Canucks News n Notes" and "Waiver Wire Next Week". Guess it appeared in the one I kinda skimmed over. I figured the "Waiver Wire" thread to be more about around the league players. "Canuck News n Notes" to be more Canuck related with the "Hamonic's Decision" to be specifically about Hambone. :D
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Well, one good thing is if he ever resolves his problems and wants to play again, he can start full time in Abbotsford to get his conditioning back, assuming he clears waivers. He looked like crap last season when he joined the team late. He can work out the kinks for more than a two weeks conditioning stint in the AHL. But, like said earlier, he’s probably done in Vancouver.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Any word on the whereabouts of Hambone? He's not in the lineup for Abby tonight.

I expected him to rejoin the team for last night's game in Montreal but no show.

Perhaps he has flown the cuckoos nest?
el rey del mambo
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

He didn't fly East
He's not in the West
Has Hamonic escaped
Frankies Cuckoos Nest?
DeLevering since 1999.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:57 pm Any word on the whereabouts of Hambone? He's not in the lineup for Abby tonight.

I expected him to rejoin the team for last night's game in Montreal but no show.

I understand he's ready to go on the next road trip as enough time will have passed since he got his second shot. As for now, guess he's got the whole of the plush Canuck facilities to practice. Doubt he'd / they'd risk him playing AHL games.
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:37 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:57 pm Any word on the whereabouts of Hambone? He's not in the lineup for Abby tonight.

I understand he's ready to go on the next road trip as enough time will have passed since he got his second shot. As for now, guess he's got the whole of the plush Canuck facilities to practice. Doubt he'd / they'd risk him playing AHL games.
He doesn't need to cross the border to get to Montreal and Ottawa though Mick.

Something else seems to be up with ol' Hambone...
el rey del mambo