When do Petey and Quinn get signed? (poll)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

When will they be signed?

Sept 21
No votes
Sept 22
12%
During Camp
24%
After Camp
8%
After Pre-Season starts
36%
After Season starts
20%

Total votes: 25

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: When do Petey and Quinn get signed? (poll)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:55 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:58 am
ESQ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:48 am
BladesofSteel wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:19 am
Unorthodox? 100%. Given the current climate and the fact the PA is in debt to the owners for another four years, this makes the most sense for both sides. Everyone wins

Not stupid, practical.
All good points, but not exactly unorthodox - as Skyo paintstakingly pointed out, it's what Chicago did with Kane/Toews (2nd contracts were 5 years, won 2 Cups) and what Pitt did with Malkin/Crosby (2nd contracts were 5 years, won 1 Cup).

Another example, Tampa had 5-year 2nd contracts for Hedman/Stamkos, no Cups though, then 3 year 2nd contracts for Kucherov and Point (2 Cups during Point's second deal).

But of course, it's fine when Shero, Bowman, and Yzerman do it, but it'll be the "height of stupidity" if Benning does it :lol:
Those GM’s did it when they were contenders or winning cups. They had way better teams. As of right now this is a bottom 5 team. So there’s that …….
The Blackhawks re-signed Kane and Toews to 5 year extensions Dec 2nd, 2009 just after they reached the conference finals in the 2008/09 season, Chicago missed the playoffs 5 years straight before that though.
Yeah they reached the Conference final the year before. They didn’t finish last in the worst division in hockey.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:15 am
BladesofSteel wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:05 am After Vancouver shocked everyone and took Vegas to game 7, hope was realistically high that Vancouver was primed to take another step last year. But Covid protocol and the entire team testing positive threw a wrench in the ascension.
Dont forget they came out of the gate like a tire fire before everyone got sick.
Yes, I believe this was a direct result of Covid protocol. Team couldn’t practice, team couldn’t bond away from rink. Sure other teams had the same restrictions, but given the geography of Van, shitty schedule and PA rules, they got the least amount of practice time than any team. That was directly related to Covid.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:05 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:46 am Pettersson's cryptic comments about wanting to be a canuck but also wanting to play for a perennial winner down the road is foreshadowing a desire to get a Matthews type of deal. I am guessing this might be where the stalemate lies
Then it will lie for a long time. I'm no Mathews fan with that stinky personality and pug face but Pettersson isn't in that ball park yet with points and driving to the net.
Cuz wasn't saying Pete may be looking for the same dollars as Matthews. :eh:

Cuz was saying Pete may be looking for a contract that walks him to UFAgency in ~ 5 years.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:07 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:05 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:46 am Pettersson's cryptic comments about wanting to be a canuck but also wanting to play for a perennial winner down the road is foreshadowing a desire to get a Matthews type of deal. I am guessing this might be where the stalemate lies
Then it will lie for a long time. I'm no Mathews fan with that stinky personality and pug face but Pettersson isn't in that ball park yet with points and driving to the net.
Cuz wasn't saying Pete may be looking for the same dollars as Matthews. :eh:

Cuz was saying Pete may be looking for a contract that walks him to UFAgency in ~ 5 years.
I thought that was blatantly obvious but Mick has let his steak addiction cloud his vision
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gummy Gomer with your lack of teeth, do you just throw the steaks in a blender before you eat them?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:14 pm Gummy Gomer with your lack of teeth, do you just throw the steaks in a blender before you eat them?
My uncle puked his dentures into a hookers toilet then flushed...he ended up gumming steaks like Gomer for like 6 months
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:14 pm Gummy Gomer with your lack of teeth, do you just throw the steaks in a blender before you eat them?
WTF?

Anyway, back on topic.

Hoping with the recent RFA signings, this can create some movement with Petey and Hughes.

I still believe the $9 mil X 5 for Petey is probably fair in this market. Starting to come around to a $7 mil X 5 for Hughes, honestly don't think he is, currently, worth $8 mil + per season.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:16 pm
My uncle puked his dentures into a hookers toilet then flushed...he ended up gumming steaks like Gomer for like 6 months
Right on. Gomes did say his teeth were all worn down, but do we know if he has dentures or not?
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Wish Petey hadn't gone to Michagan. Always expected Hughes to be a late signing, but I thought Petey would sign by camp's start.

Now Petey is hanging out with best buddies Brady and Quinn. The Thachuks will be scheming to squeeze every last drop out of Ottawa. They'll be influencing the Hughes family, too. They'll be getting every last cent they can. There won't be any team discount from the Highes family. We've already seen Jack's opinion.

Petey will be getting full Thachuk and Hughes family peer pressure to not sign until the Hughes deal is complete. His agents will want him to hold off for Quinn, too.

Petey should be signing a contract without regard to what Quinn gets, but that isn't likely to happen with him now training in Michigan. Looks like the Petey signing is going to be tougher to get to than I suspected. Score one for the agents.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Are beyond steaks really that chewy?
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:20 pm
Right on. Gomes did say his teeth were all worn down, but do we know if he has dentures or not?
Wait. Micky is UDL's uncle??
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Gumming tube steaks is gotta be a tough way to pay for a hooker. Returning your empties is another option.
But, hey, to each their own.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:16 pm My uncle puked his dentures into a hookers toilet then flushed...he ended up gumming steaks like Gomer for like 6 months
...conjures up an image of Harrelson in Kingpin.
DeLevering since 1999.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

A guy gets busy for a bit and comes back to reading about how Ghomer is gumming tube steak now…

What happened, he swapped with Funcle for the ‘immediate power position’?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:58 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:20 pm
Wait. Micky is UDL's uncle??
No. He just found his uncle's dentures.