Rookie and training Camp 2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Rookie and training Camp 2021

Post by BladesofSteel »

Jim's got it all figured out Wids, just focus on the puck drop.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:00 pm Sutter has been in bed and watched 1 of the preseason games on calgaryflames.com

He's been racking up Skip The Dishes reward points while waiting for medical experts to figure why he is so tired and why he is so brittle.
Benning said that centre Brandon Sutter is a question mark, as the veteran pivot is dealing with fatigue. Benning said the fatigue is not believed to be related to Sutter’s bout with COVID-19 last season.

Sutter tested negative for COVID-19, Benning said.

“He’s been doing some tests and so we’re not really sure what that is yet,” he said. “He might not be available to start camp.”
Hope he gets better. As many as 5% of those that have had covid get what they call ”post covid” or ”long term covid”. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with how severe your bout with covid was either. I have two colleagues that seem to have post covid, but neither of them had to be hospitalised during covid. I spent two weeks in the ICU and almost died, but have bounced back pretty good and show no signs of post covid. I mean, sure, I’m still not 100% recovered, two weeks in the ICU makes you weak, but I keep getting better, there’s a steady trajectory. But my colleagues get worse if they try to work out. They’re stuck in limbo. Both of them are back at work, but have fatigue issues. It’s office work, so they can handle it. But imagine a hockey player who gets worse when working out... that’s not really compatible. :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Per wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:52 pm Hope he gets better. As many as 5% of those that have had covid get what they call ”post covid” or ”long term covid”. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with how severe your bout with covid was either.
Is that 5% with or without the vaccine Per?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:49 am
Per wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:52 pm Hope he gets better. As many as 5% of those that have had covid get what they call ”post covid” or ”long term covid”. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with how severe your bout with covid was either.
Is that 5% with or without the vaccine Per?
I have not seen any figures correlated to the vaccine, shouldn't matter I think, except of course that the vaccine reduces the risk of getting covid by 70-90 % in the first place.

So, all other things being equal, you are far less likely to get covid if you had the vaccine, and if you get covid despite the vaccine you usually get a milder form, but I have not heard whether it also can reduce the likelyhood of getting stuck in the long term version.

The two people I know that are affected had covid before any vaccine was available.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

“We found that the odds of having symptoms for 28 days or more after post-vaccination infection were approximately halved by having two vaccine doses,”

*The new research had limitations, the authors acknowledged. It was based on people self-reporting their test results and vaccination status. The sample of people who participated also included more women than men and disproportionately few people from “more deprived areas” of the country. It also did not determine any differences by race and ethnicity.

LINK
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hope the Canucks can get some of the roster spots resolved in this game tonight. Cuts have to be coming soon particularily with Quinn and Petey back.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"evolution"
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Aha....point taken.
DeLevering since 1999.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I haven't been able to see any of the preseason games, how has Pod looked? Is he penciled in for opening night?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ESQ wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:55 am I haven't been able to see any of the preseason games, how has Pod looked? Is he penciled in for opening night?
Pretty much a done deal I would think. None of the Canucks looked good in the Calgary game as they dressed almost their opening night roster.
"evolution"
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Didn’t see Gadjovich there either. Don’t know how much ch to read into that.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Lancer wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:02 am Didn’t see Gadjovich there either. Don’t know how much ch to read into that.
Read on another board that players can’t play in more than 3 straight pre season games, if accurate that would explain him missing out on tonight’s game. I assume the first round of cuts will come after this game anyway.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ESQ wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:55 am I haven't been able to see any of the preseason games, how has Pod looked? Is he penciled in for opening night?
He hasn't stood out, hasn't really done much of anything. He looks to have all the skill the early reports on him claimed. He looks lost sometimes, unsure of where he should be on the ice. He has a tough side to him. I think he would benefit from going to Abby to start the season. He doesn't play PK or PP so right now he is really a 4th line player they are trying to get on the 3rd line but he hasn't shown enough to me to take a spot.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

All 3 D men fighting for Hamonic's spot playing tonight, Bowie, Hunt and Burroughs.
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I'd like to see at least two games with a close to full lineup, likely the last two, to see whether or not some are truly ready or if they need additional seasoning in Abby.

I'm not going to take some of these performances, either good or bad and make final judgments yet. Most of the vets have not looked particularly good either. No surprise that prospects might look a little lost.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"